Confirmed Trade: [PHI/BUF] Rasmus Ristolainen for Robert Hagg, 2021 1st round pick, 2023 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
That's just a lot of "ifs" and value for one season of a guy who probably isn't going to be on the top pair. The value is based on expectations and not necessarily performance up to this point. I do agree that he will be better in a better situation.

(I'm not trying to be a downer because of the team involved. Trying to just look at it from a distance)
Only three "ifs" not too many

mantis toboggan

Aug 2, 2009
South Jersey

Genuine question, preferably for those who have spent a significant amount of time actually watching Risto play.

How many of these numbers can be attributed to playing on a terrible team and playing first pairing minutes against teams top players? He will almost certainly be on the second pairing in philly with less responsibility/ TOI. Have think logically he will be much better now that he’s not playing over his head.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Genuine question, preferably for those who have spent a significant amount of time actually watching Risto play.

How many of these numbers can be attributed to playing on a terrible team and playing first pairing minutes against teams top players? He will almost certainly be on the second pairing in philly with less responsibility/ TOI. Have think logically he will be much better now that he’s not playing over his head.

Hilariously enough, Chuckles didnt rule out playing him on the top pair with Provorov :laugh:

mantis toboggan

Aug 2, 2009
South Jersey
Hilariously enough, Chuckles didnt rule out playing him on the top pair with Provorov :laugh:

Lol. Love my GM.

But seriously, if he does come here and actually manages to turn it around, I wouldn’t mind trying him out on the first pairing. I’d feel a lot better if we could have one of Ellis/ prov on the second pairing instead of stacking the top unit.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Interesting to see how will do out of Buffalo. It's been apparent he's wanted out for years and if he actually for once having a really good season before he got hit with covid really hard. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being a lot better than a lot of people think. I also won't be surprised if he sucks and this trade will end up as horrible as HFboards makes it seem.

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
The amount paid by Philadelphia to change Gostisbehere to Ristolainen is just obscene.

watch ghost in front of his goalie if you can next year :laugh:

that's why no team "jumped" on him last year when he was available for NOTHING :nod:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Provy only played 31 seconds more than Sanheim this year at ES.

They are in a position where they can roll the pairings and just have the 3rd pairing play less than the other 2.

Still a big overpay....but I expected it(not this big...lol)

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
Maybe Chucky had too many pops and only read the first name "Rasmus" on the proposed trade and quickly made the trade thinking he was getting Dahlin...:sarcasm::naughty:

I think Flyers will be fine, at worst our defense remains the same and we lost some assets, on the plus side if Rasmus keep the snarl and play half decent he will be a huge boost over Ghost (who gets pushed off the puck easily) and Haag.

Hextall's 20 year plan wasn't going to work out...this is a calculated risky move in the right direction.

member 298589

Weird. Normally you keep your draft picks when you're tanking.

Stand with Fletcher and embrace the fall!

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa

Hes a bonehead. He just doesnt think the game like a top D needs to. Its not his physical skills that hold him back its his brain

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
To all my fellow Flyers fans who were all to happy to see Hextall get the can, how do you like us now???

Fletch is as bad as Homer was. Goodbye to all the good Hextall did for us hello to another 40 years of being the step sister to other teams in our division.

Great job management, way to have absolutely no effin clue

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
To all my fellow Flyers fans who were all to happy to see Hextall get the can, how do you like us now???

Fletch is as bad as Homer was. Goodbye to all the good Hextall did for us hello to another 40 years of being the step sister to other teams in our division.

I think Hextall would've done a terrific job for us, but I admit I'm the biggest Hexy stan there is as a GM.

He certainly wouldn't have done THIS...

:Fans who say Hexy wouldn't have done anything incoming::

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA

Well, we never got to see Hexy in a position where he could make a big move so who really knows.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
The positive of the deal for the Flyers is that Risto will injure a lot of players on opposing teams.

The negative of the deal for the flyers is the guy is a no IQ pilon who is going to get constantly burned by the other team for high percentage scoring chances.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
So can someone explain to me what Gostisbehere did? He sleep with Fletcher's wife or something?

He was largely figured out.

Compare his defensive zone exits from his first/second season to his last and you'll find a player that had a few *fun* moves that were ultimately countered by good forechecking.

He also lost a step after an injury and could never work the boards effectively due to his frame.

Reactions: 04hockey

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Well, we never got to see Hexy in a position where he could make a big move so who really knows.

He signed JVR, a top free agent that year. Was clearly starting to sign high level guys and look toward serious contention, but was cut short.

People pretend like he never had interest in improving...his plan just was never seen through. Was almost there, but was fired because the owners ran out of patience.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Sabres got #14 for Rasums Ristolainen. Bahahahaha.

The nightmare is finally over. And we got a 1st round pick to boot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad