Confirmed Trade: [PHI/BUF] Rasmus Ristolainen for Robert Hagg, 2021 1st round pick, 2023 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
The nightmare is over? So the Sabres are a good hockey club now? Did you also get rid of Skinner and Okposo, or did I miss those moves? At least you still have Zemgus to lead the charge. And a first round pick? Big deal. Especially when your team has a track record of taking plugs like Risto and Zadorov in the first round. Won’t be long before Eichel’s gone too.

How in the hell didn’t you guys take Wallstedt or Cossa with the pick you got from the Flyers?

Team still sucks donkey. But at least I don't have to watch Risto make mind boggling bad decisions anymore. I'll take incremental moves in the right direction where I can.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

FeatherHead

Oct 5, 2017
Team still sucks donkey. But at least I don't have to watch Risto make mind boggling bad decisions anymore. I'll take incremental moves in the right direction where I can.
Who knows. Maybe you’ll ship out Eichel and get a haul better than the Reinhart one.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
The team was 24th when he got fired. Hagg was in the top 4, all the goalies were injured and Lehtera was a regular forward

They weren't competing yet at that point. He was making progress setting this team up for very near-future success.

Coming at the throat of a rebuilding GM, who wasn't competing yet, for their pro roster's success is like judging a fish by its ability to climb a tree.

Reactions: bobbythebrain

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
All of the nay sayers will change their minds when they see Risto level Crosby with a good clean check! I love this deal. The Flyers currently have a roomful of prospects, so losing a couple of picks is not big deal. Correcting the defensive problems is what Fletcher is doing.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Why were the Flyers so quick at hiring Fletcher. I remember when that happened, it felt like they didn't take their time at all to find the right candidate. Well THIS is what he is.
The Flyers were desperate for a boring, mediocre GM with no track record of success. Eh, voila, we had a new GM! Chuckles the Sad Clown.

Last edited:

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
good for both teams. sabres got some value for a rental, flyers got a big rhd that is all heart.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
All of the nay sayers will change their minds when they see Risto level Crosby with a good clean check! I love this deal. The Flyers currently have a roomful of prospects, so losing a couple of picks is not big deal. Correcting the defensive problems is what Fletcher is doing.
Sadly I think you are correct. Flyers got harder to play against and the penguins got softer

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Some teams chase Cups and others chase hits.

Sid is really out there living rent free in your head :laugh:

46 years Stanley Cup drought baby!

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Laugh all you want; it's the truth. I feel bad for the good fans out there. Too many fellow members of their fanbase are knuckle-dragging hockey illiterates.
You’re a Flyers fan… Imagine trying to school fan bases on how to have a good reputation. :laugh:

Put me on ignore if you’re irritated and have a blessed day.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Laugh all you want; it's the truth. I feel bad for the good fans out there. Too many fellow members of their fanbase are knuckle-dragging hockey illiterates.

You just described the vast majority of fan bases, including the poster you quoted.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
This is why Penguins fans have such a horrible reputation around the league.

Wait THAT is why? That tame ass response simply pointing out how its weird to justify this trade on the sole thought of Risto lining up Crosby and reminding of the Flyers Cup drought???

That seemed like a pretty standard post that was not out of the ordinary.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Definitely an overpayment but it has the potential to work out and be worth it IMO. He could be the top 4 defenseman that really solidifies this group long term.

Reactions: flyersjim73

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
You’re a Flyers fan… Imagine trying to school fan bases on how to have a good reputation. :laugh:

Put me on ignore if you’re irritated and have a blessed day.

Dude you wouldn't even have a f**** team if you didn't win the lottery with Crosby.... the league fixed it so your franchise wouldn't have to relocate......To think Lemieux and Crosby and barely still not enough fans in Pittsburgh to support a team......embarrassing

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Dude you wouldn't even have a f**** team if you didn't win the lottery with Crosby.... the league fixed it so your franchise wouldn't have to relocate......To think Lemieux and Crosby and barely still not enough fans in Pittsburgh to support a team......embarrassing

These thoughts must be comforting when watching the Penguins win Stanley Cups in the time of color TVs.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad