Confirmed Trade: [PHI/BUF] Rasmus Ristolainen for Robert Hagg, 2021 1st round pick, 2023 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hasek

Jan 2, 2013
Genuine question, preferably for those who have spent a significant amount of time actually watching Risto play.

How many of these numbers can be attributed to playing on a terrible team and playing first pairing minutes against teams top players? He will almost certainly be on the second pairing in philly with less responsibility/ TOI. Have think logically he will be much better now that he’s not playing over his head.
He played on a dumpster fire team. Name me one player on the Sabres' that wasn't riding Eichel's coattails that has had solid analytics. Risto will be great. You will love him.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
I think the change of scenery, not playing #1 matchups, having a solid leader like Giroux around and a much better offensive team overall is going to do wonders for Risto. Philly isn't a perfect team but the difference between playing in Buffalo and Philly is astronomical, Buffalo is hilariously bad. Let's see how it goes, that being said the 13th overall in a weak draft isn't terrible if Risto even plays like an average 2nd pair d man and he definitely has UPSIDE beyond that. Having said all that I hope it works out for both teams, and it turns out a win/win.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Has anyone eaten any crow for Risto has negative worthz yet? Sure they fleeced philly, but the market was clearly somewhere in that area. KA didn't play THAT good of a hand of poker.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
he wore a Liverpool shirt when talking to the media..so that is a plus for him from me lol

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
So if Risto tears it up does he get $9.5 x 8 next year? That's the worst part of this fleecing. Fhlyer fans, it's not Seth's fault.

Reactions: Holy Slapshot

OilersGo

Jul 15, 2021
whoever the hell the phlyers gm is has some glue between the ears at this stage of his life my goodness thats a haul fer a bambi on skates

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

FeatherHead

Oct 5, 2017
Sabres got #14 for Rasums Ristolainen. Bahahahaha.

The nightmare is finally over. And we got a 1st round pick to boot.
The nightmare is over? So the Sabres are a good hockey club now? Did you also get rid of Skinner and Okposo, or did I miss those moves? At least you still have Zemgus to lead the charge. And a first round pick? Big deal. Especially when your team has a track record of taking plugs like Risto and Zadorov in the first round. Won’t be long before Eichel’s gone too.

How in the hell didn’t you guys take Wallstedt or Cossa with the pick you got from the Flyers?

wuf

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Fletcher just gave this fan base two scape goats for when we underperform, Ristolainen and himself.

Last edited:

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Long story short. The Flyers overpaid but Risto is going to be a lot better playing in Philly and being used in a proper role on the second pairing. They needed a big physical defenseman to play with Sanheim since they were downright soft and easy to play against last year. Fletcher better get him re-signed though and without an ugly overpayment or it's still bad even if Risto plays better there. Risky move for the Flyers.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Why were the Flyers so quick at hiring Fletcher. I remember when that happened, it felt like they didn't take their time at all to find the right candidate. Well THIS is what he is.

Hextall was making too much progress. Management had to put it to an end by hiring a wasteful schlub.

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
Honestly, next to the Oilers, the Flyers are probably the worst possible team that Risto could have been traded to.

He needed a team with a defensive oriented coach that plays a structured sound defensive system to thrive, and from what I know about the Flyers, they don’t.

Reactions: Washed Up 29YearOld

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I can’t believe the Sabres didn’t use the Flyer’s first rounder on Wallstedt or Cossa.

bcause

1 buffalo has U PL. he was the G in Finland WJC win a couple years ago.

2. they have another goalie who will be the starting G at UMichigan this year

3. they were in talks with teams on acquiring a G as part of deals

they have a G pipeline.

now they need a short term starter and back up.

Reactions: FeatherHead

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Long story short. The Flyers overpaid but Risto is going to be a lot better playing in Philly and being used in a proper role on the second pairing. They needed a big physical defenseman to play with Sanheim since they were downright soft and easy to play against last year. Fletcher better get him re-signed though and without an ugly overpayment or it's still bad even if Risto plays better there. Risky move for the Flyers.

sanheim and Risto will be a food pairing. Sanheim will be good for Risto. Sanheim is not flashy but very consistent. Doesn’t take over enough games based on his potential but very steady. Risto will obviously provide more truculence.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
sanheim and Risto will be a food pairing. Sanheim will be good for Risto. Sanheim is not flashy but very consistent. Doesn’t take over enough games based on his potential but very steady. Risto will obviously provide more truculence.

you mean like peanut butter and jelly? I hope so!

Reactions: lancer247

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad