Confirmed Trade: [PHI/BUF] Rasmus Ristolainen for Robert Hagg, 2021 1st round pick, 2023 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Insane. I thought Ristolainen would be more or less a cap dump.

But if you disagree and think he actually has value, then you have to consider the term. So Philly gave the 13th pick for a player they think is good, but is basically a rental because he is UFA next summer. Insane.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Ristolainen as a player alone is worth 1st round pick imo, especially in this years draft (~late to mid range), the problem here is context - Flyers trading Gostisbehere for nothing to Arizona and on top of that adding 2nd round pick, also Risto being UFA next year doesn't help.

My God, yeah some of these guys are just plain bad at their job.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Maybe Philly thinks they can recoup more at the deadline after they fire Fletcher and trade him to wherever he works then,

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Don’t have a dog in this fight but I think people are underestimating Risto. Change will do him well and for a dman he is quite young

we have a running joke about how Risto just needs a new coach and system and he’ll really take off. Gets funnier every time he gets one.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
One of the lowest points in Flyers history. The last decade the we keep finding new ones to outdo our lowest lows.

Fletcher will never have another GM job when hes inevitably fired next summer.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
we have a running joke about how Risto just needs a new coach and system and he’ll really take off. Gets funnier every time he gets one.

Maybe the joke is the team? When no one excels in the org i’d suggest the org may be the problem

I’m amazed you can follow that shit show of a team and not even consider the problems with development might not have some relation to the team

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I am wondering if some of these GM's are low on this draft. That doesn't excuse this trade but the way they've been thrown around....

From what I can tell, this draft is hard to read but there is a pretty damn solid group of players in the tier after 3rd overall but feels like certain GMs or their scouting departments are undervaluing it.

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
My money is on Ristolainen being a good fit, and the advanced stat geeks giving all of the credit to Travis f***ing Sanheim.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Insane. I thought Ristolainen would be more or less a cap dump.

But if you disagree and think he actually has value, then you have to consider the term. So Philly gave the 13th pick for a player they think is good, but is basically a rental because he is UFA next summer. Insane.

This is more than people in the Seth Jones are saying a signed Seth Jones will get. Quite insane, indeed. I didn't realize he was UFA next season.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Serious question here, but is Ristolainen THAT much better than Gostisbehere? Everytime I've seen the guy on Buffalo he was a massive risk taker.

cheesesteak

Jul 3, 2011
I think Ristolainen could be a good fit on the Flyers second pair. He was one of the players I was interested in just not for this price. I can’t say I know everything about him but I remember liking how he played in a few games against the Flyers. He definitely punishes opposing players and the Flyers needed that. Hopefully he’s not as bad defensively as some are leading on. It sounds like he’s a lot like Myers defensively from what I read here.

Trying to have a glass half full attitude. Gets harder to do as a Flyers fan as the years go by.

Reactions: skagittarius

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Philly has quite the defense now. All the people who acted like Ristolainen is a bum will be eating a lot of crow. Great value for Buffalo as well.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Looks a lot worse to me. Sanheim and Risto or Provo and Risto won’t work at all.

Idk, i think it stands a good chance of working out. If you've got Risto with Sanheim, it might be a bit of an adventure, but i think you've probably got them playing "softer" more offensive-oriented minutes and see what they can do with that.

I'm kinda jealous of the overhaul the Flyers defence has made at least. :dunno: Certainly more inspiring than the Canucks defensive overhaul. But i'm not one of the folks who seemed to believe that per the analytics, Ghost > Provorov or whatever. So...i figure if a Niskanen on the precipice of retirement can make that Provorov pairing work...either of Ellis or Ristolainen should be at least good enough there. Which would free up the Sanheim pairing to dither around with somewhat softer minutes. Have AV give them the Ehrhoff treatment.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Serious question here, but is Ristolainen THAT much better than Gostisbehere? Everytime I've seen the guy on Buffalo he was a massive risk taker.

He isn't better than Ghost at this moment.

I'm PRAYING this dude finds another part of his game out of Buffalo, but the advanced stats show he sucks compared to Ghost.

As of right now, it's as if we traded 1, 2 and Hagg for a more expensive Hagg.

Reactions: SnS and Zod

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
He isn't better than Ghost at this moment.

I'm PRAYING this dude finds another part of his game out of Buffalo, but the advanced stats show he sucks compared to Ghost.

As of right now, it's as if we traded 1, 2 and Hagg for a more expensive Hagg.

By the eye test Risto can make some really great rushes and some highlight reel hits.

But...when the puck is going the other way he sometimes looks like he went to the Brendan Smith school for kids who want to know how to play defense good and do other hockey things good, too.

I can't help but wonder if Vancouver and Philadelphia are going to have front office openings soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad