Confirmed Trade: [PHI/BUF] Rasmus Ristolainen for Robert Hagg, 2021 1st round pick, 2023 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Apparently, Im just joining a bandwagon where a bunch of people think that this is a overpayment. Rumors told us that Montreal and Toronto were interested. Maybe a lot of GM were involved and make this possible. Congrats Sabres.

Than make me rich and pick Power tonight.

Vukotal Recall

Jan 30, 2010
I like Risto and thus don't think this trade is a disaster, but the fact that Chuck Fletcher in an NHL GM after being personally responsible for his last team losing literally TENS OF MILLIONS of dollars is all you need to know about the NHL.

Reactions: JAVO16 and SnS

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Apparently, Im just joining a bandwagon where a bunch of people think that this is a overpayment. Rumors told us that Montreal and Toronto were interested. Maybe a lot of GM were involved and make this possible. Congrats Sabres.

Than make me rich and pick Power tonight.

in a response Adams said the difference was PHL pick spot. The others had to offer much more to make up for Hagg+13OA.

at 13OA you get a solid prospect.

a pick at 24-32 is to big of an uncertainty.

a top 15 usually can be a top 6/ top 4. A 24-32 has under 50/50 of making it in the nhl beyond 125 games.

thus draft likely is a big outlier where you might draft top 6/top 4 late. Because many didn’t play or played lityke.

historically 1st draft projection vs today’s in draft order…top players are still there. Some button 1/ high 2 might move up to top 15 and some fall. In late 1st some players on early projects might go in 3rd round projection like 25-30 to 65-75. And in re else.

Last edited:
Reactions: bleuetbio

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
You can put him in front of the net on your power play for a different look. As a rule of thumb the farther away from your own net you can put him the better. Like the press box. Or the moon.

Reactions: SnS

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Today is a good day to remember when someone posts an awful trade proposal they might not be going based on a good trade but what a dumb GM will agree to. And there's a lot of dumb GMs out there.

Yog S'loth

Sep 7, 2005
Southern California
Just got here.

So if I understand this, Philly just paid a 1st round pick, two 2nd round picks, and a 7th round pick in order to change from one all-offense, defensive-zone liability to another?

And they add a million in salary?

And the new guy is a UFA after one season?

Mmm, ok?

Reactions: bossram

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad