Confirmed Trade: [PHI/BUF] Rasmus Ristolainen for Robert Hagg, 2021 1st round pick, 2023 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
One of the best top 4 D?

Not sure who said that but that is just not true.

Not even close to true. Wow.

Awful asset mangagement.

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
Seems like teams haven't learned the right lessons from Tampa's two straight cup wins. They won because they were more skilled than everyone else, not because they were more physical than anyone else.

There's no lesson to learn from Tampa anymore than the Lightning needed to learn lessons from St.Louis. Every cup winner does it his own way.

Reactions: tsujimoto74

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
I’m just saying, Ghost wasn’t even on the top PP over Ivan consistently.
So, if I understand well, Fletcher just paid:

- 1st (#13 OA)
- 2 x 2nd
- 7th
- Hagg

... just to replace Gostisbehere by Ristolainen.

O. M. G.

Buffalo Preds

Jun 18, 2013
Buffalo, NY
Sports are all about confidence. Risto playing on a better, maybe even a playoff calibre team will help significantly with his play and decision making. When you're losing every night and there's no one around you to help you get better you're in a hole you can't get out of. Risto finally has that chance.

You could literally say that about any member of the Sabres organization. It’s meaningless. The Sabres aren’t bad because there is a curse on the organization — they are bad because individuals responsible for the team’s success or failure were incapable of succeeding. Of course, there is a way to bracket off the context of a team’s aggregate failures from the performance of an individual. It’s called analytics, and according to analytics, Risto did not outplay the general failures of his teammates and coaching, but rather was a significant contributor to their failure.

Risto does some things very well, and it’s frustrating to see the real talent wasted. But even if the mental lapses can be fixed, he has technical flaws in his game that are hard for a guy about to turn 27 to fix. While I live in Buffalo, I’m not a Sabres fan, but I see them play a lot, and they play a lot of bad hockey. Watching Risto win a puck battle, but fail to spot a pass that would maintain possession, or even worse, to see a winger open and in a good position for an odd man rush but missing him badly and icing the puck is awful stuff. Get ready to pull your hair out.

Last edited:

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...Montreal fans are forever indebted to Chuck Fletcher for making sure Bargain Bin didn't replace Weber with Ristolainen...we applaud you, good sir!!...:thumbu:

decaprio.gif

Reactions: Larry44

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
I still chuckle a lot for all those on HF who were saying Risto was worth a 2nd, or worse.

You really have to just admit defeat here and confess your hockey acumen is horribly based on your emotions.

And if your amazed at this r8sto return, you ain't seen nothing yet, wait until the Eichel shoe dtops.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I still chuckle a lot for all those on HF who were saying Risto was worth a 2nd, or worse.

You really have to just admit defeat here and confess your hockey acumen is horribly based on your emotions.

And if your amazed at this r8sto return, you ain't seen nothing yet, wait until the Eichel shoe dtops.

I am not sure how a proven 26 year old monster of a dman isn't worth a first. This year nobody knows who the hell they are suppose to draft.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Ristolainen as a player alone is worth 1st round pick imo, especially in this years draft (~late to mid range), the problem here is context - Flyers trading Gostisbehere for nothing to Arizona and on top of that adding 2nd round pick, also Risto being UFA next year doesn't help.

Ledge And Dairy

Definitely an overpay, especially if he doesnt extend but with Myers gone Risto fills the hole left at 2RD pretty well. Sanheim should be able to cover for him pretty well defensively. If they end of flipping Voracek now for like Tank then I would say this offseason was overall a pretty good retool for them despite trading #13 in the process.

Reactions: tade

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
What is this zombie voodoo mind control thing that Buffalo has over Fletcher?

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Not a Philly fan by any stretch but this is a good move. Brings size and nasty where its needed. In this division the flyers just got tougher to play against. They kept pace with the Rangers who got better and probably now ahead of Pittsburgh...Risto will make life miserable for crosby Jake and Malkin all year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad