Confirmed Trade: [PHI/BUF] Rasmus Ristolainen for Robert Hagg, 2021 1st round pick, 2023 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
They gave up a top15 pick for a guy that has 1yr on his deal. I hope they’ve had contract negotiations before the trade was made. Any word on that?

Hopefully for the sake of my sanity, he doesn’t make it to the end of this contract with the Flyers.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Risto WAS weak in his end, playing #1 against the oppositions top lines. In Philly he will be #3 and have less ice-time better players around him. I bet he will be much better in Philly.

that’s fair. I just didn’t like the way he looked at all when we played them. Could just be unmotivated from all the losing taking its toll. Used to happen to islanders a lot

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Ooh, I didnt know only 5vs5 points matter in hockey?

It's the most important part of hockey. 90% of the game is played away from the Powerplay.

Many bad Dmen could give you 40 Points playing the #1PP all year.

Which is even more puzzling, because Ghost is a way better Powerplay QB. And 5v5 producer, and defender.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Ristolainen hasn’t played those minutes in 2 years and still is very not good.
Yeah he has. Buffalo tried Dahlin in Ristolainen's role and you can look at his stats and plus/minus how he did.

News flash, worse than Risto ever did.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Remember who made a mess of the flyers and then hired and fired hextal for carefully cleaning up the mess, and still stands over Fletcher's shoulder to see what he's working on. Col. Paul Holmgren.

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
Good haul for sabres. Still think risto is a good dman just got played in the worst situation / overplayed in the league. He’ll look good for Philly

Reactions: MacOfNiagara

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
It's the most important part of hockey. 90% of the game is played away from the Powerplay.

But teams are not scoring 20% to 25% every two minutes 5 v 5.

To ignore PP production is just ignorant.

It would have been interesting to see him on the Jets PP. Oh well... Flyers paid a lot more than I would have to acquire him.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
But teams are not scoring 20% to 25% every two minutes 5 v 5.

To ignore PP production is just ignorant.

It would have been interesting to see him on the Jets PP. Oh well... Flyers paid a lot more than I would have to acquire him.

I'm not ignoring it, Risto isn't even above average there.

It's in context of letting Ghost go. Who could man a Powerplay way better. Ghost could give you 40 empty points no problem.

Not sure how Risto would fit on the Winnipeg Powerplay with Pionk already there.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Seems like a hefty price but if Risto was just in a team death spiral Philly could be on the warpath. Weirdly, it looks like Flyers are in "win now" mode and not sure if their team is complete enough to get this done?

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Provorov - Risto
Sanheim - Ellis

Philly has one of the best top4 in the league.
Ristolainen vastly outplayed Dahlin,Jokiharju,McGabe etc... and it think all of them would look good on proper teams. Ristolainen will do great in Philly i think.
I really don't know what Risto you've been watching but I would never consider him better than Dahlin or Joki and when McCabe got hurt he looked so lost on defense pretty much every Sabres fan was ready to bash him for good reason with all the mistakes he starts to make under pressure. What screams top pairing D off a guy who is horrible on the PK and good on the PP otherwise he was getting trashed at even strength without someone to carry the defensive assignments for him.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
I like Risto I think he was the one who scored OT gosal in WJC and finald won gold if I am not mistaken but we Flyers overpay?

Risto will adress toughnes for sure tough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad