Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Brayden Schenn (4 years, $5.125M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Good signing by Ron Hextall $5,125,000 is a very reasonable price for Brayden Schenn.
The Flyers still have $2,251,667 left in cap space, with only RFA Manning to sign.

TheWolfOfBroadStreet

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Again, points are easier to come by from Center. That must be factored.

What? For 2015-16:

OZS%: Schenn 33.67% to Kadri 33.33%
DZS%: Schenn 30.72% to Kadri 31.80%
NZS%: Schenn 35.61% to Kadri 34.87%

That's a huge difference? Not to mention what limited impact ZS% seems to have outside of the real outliers.

Except we have zero data on this. Can't claim it as fact.

What you're missing is how Schenn's role changed after the New Year. The PPG pace was absolutely due to an unsustainable SH%, but he became a puck carrier in the neutral zone. The 5v5 Entries, Controlled Entries, CE%, and Neutral Zone Score all skyrocketed. The kid took the next step. Now if he can't sustain that, it's one thing, but a contract had to be negotiated now. We can only operate with the info that we have.

Damn dude why'd you gotta put him in the body bag like that!

Most of us expected he'd sign for 4.75-5.25 after the palmieri deal so it's a great signing for us. Really loved the way he played the second half the year and I hope he can keep improving.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Thread title. Signing... Philadelphia... Brayden... Schenn...

Why the hell am I seeing Kadri everywhere?

NJGoalie

May 4, 2010
Kashyyyk
Thread title. Signing... Philadelphia... Brayden... Schenn...

Why the hell am I seeing Kadri everywhere?

I don't even think Kadri is a comparable player. Don't know why his name is all over the place in here.

That's a great deal for all parties in my opinion. If his production stays the same as last year it's a fair deal. If he continues to develop and can do more it's a steal.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Here is just a few things to consider why Schenn got more:

Schenn JUST had a 59 point season....Kadri had 45.
Schenn has a career high 59 points...Kadri has 50.

You mention linemates....should we ignore that Kadri has not been able to overtake Bozak for years to play with better linemates?

Kadri is a C...is bad on the wing. Schenn is a winger....who can play well at C when injuries occur....lik when Couts went down this year.

Your arguement is that Kadri coulda, shoulda, shoulda.....but Schenn DID. And so far, Kadri has NEVER hit the total Schenn just got, so why assume this year would be any different.

Schenn has increased his point total EVERY YEAR for 6 straight years. Kadri has yet to had 2 straight seasons of posting more points than the one before.

Kadri is a year older than Schenn...well almost 11 months.
Schenn's deal is for his 25, 26, 27 and 28 year old season...all prime years.
Kadri's deal is for his 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 year old seasons...mostly prime, but could see a dip in his 30's which is typical.

Schenn is the Flyers #1 LW....Kadri is the #2 C in Toronto....maybe #3 in a few short years.

Last 2 years:
Schenn has .65 PPG
Kadri has .56 PPG....6 years 4.5 million....2nd line C
Couts has .52 PPG....6 years 4.33 million...2nd line C

Kadri got a NTC for 4 of his 6 years, Schenn did not get any so can get traded anywhere Philly wants.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, KADRI IS UNDERPAID. He should be getting 5 million just like Reilly Smith. But he lost out by not seeing what the market was set at during this summer. Good for the Leafs, but bad for Kadri.

Hope this clears some things up on why Kadri IS NOT a comparable to Schenn. Let's end it here.

Good post. I knew this discussion would pop up.

All I've got to add is that one could consider Kadri's 44 in 48 season as equal to the season Schenn just had, considering the smaller sample size and the likely regression. Looking solely at totals might be a little inaccurate, but all things considered I mostly agree with what you say here.

WastedTalent

who is lord stanley?
Mar 22, 2011
your mind
I don't understand how Flyers fans are happy/content with this deal. Very expensive for a guy who's only hit 50 points once in his career.

Because most Flyers fans who understand how hockey works, know that Schenn isn't worth based solely on what he provides in points

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Good post. I knew this discussion would pop up.

All I've got to add is that one could consider Kadri's 44 in 48 season as equal to the season Schenn just had, considering the smaller sample size and the likely regression. Looking solely at totals might be a little inaccurate, but all things considered I mostly agree with what you say here.

Not sure where the small sample size is coming from, he played 80 games last year.

WastedTalent

who is lord stanley?
Mar 22, 2011
your mind
Not sure where the small sample size is coming from, he played 80 games last year.

He's talking about the lockout shortened season, which was 48 games and Kadri's breakout season, and comparing it to Schenn's breakout season last year. No need to get defensive

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don't understand how Flyers fans are happy/content with this deal. Very expensive for a guy who's only hit 50 points once in his career.

It's not even close to being "very expensive" when you compare it to the deals signed other RFA forwards who have never topped 50 like Johansson and Killorn and Kreider.

Last 3 seasons
Schenn (4 x $5.125m): 244 GP, 64 AG, 83 A, 147 P, 0.602 P/GP

Johansson (3 x $4.58m): 236 GP, 45 G, 92 A, 137 P, 0.581 P/GP

Kreider (4 x $4.625m): 225 GP, 59 G, 67 A, 126 P, 0.560 P/GP

Killorn (7 x $4.45m): 234 GP, 46 G, 73 A, 119 P, 0.509 P/GP

Schenn also didn't get any trade protection.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad