Waived: Petr Mrazek (Cleared)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WildWolfdog

Dec 4, 2008
Another failed Dubas signing. How many saviours have been waived this year alone? I remember when homers were talking like Ritchie was prime Todd Bertuzzi and Mrazek Dom Hasek. What happened boys?

You're one of the hardest working trolls I've seen in recent memory.

Majority of your posts are Leafs related and almost all are negative.

Reactions: vpasla1

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I mean that is just straight up horseshit. Maybe you thought that, I will give you the benefit of the doubt on that one. Most though? Hellll no Andersen got shit on consistently for absolutely choking those Game 7's against Boston and deservedly so to be completely honest. I actually still liked Freddy until I watched the All or Nothing series Prime did, got zero time for the guy and zero regrets about him not being on the team after watching it. He quit last year.

What's horseshit? Fans from other teams blamed the leafs core forwards for their failures. Can't win when you don't score goals. Andersen covered for leafs garbage defense for years.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
The copium in here from Leaf fans acting like someone will maybe claim Mrazek is overwhelming. No one's touching that contract with a 10 foot pole, outside of maybe one of the flagrant tankers trying to stay at the cap floor like Arizona.
So you're saying there is a chance.... Well you can't win if you aren't in.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
What's horseshit? Fans from other teams blamed the leafs core forwards for their failures. Can't win when you don't score goals. Andersen covered for leafs garbage defense for years.
I mean...what is horseshit is acting like the Leafs have lost those series for only one specific reason...or even the same reason all 4 years. It is an incredibly shallow and empty argument. Does the core deserve blame for the shortcomings in the playoffs? Absolutely. Does Andersen also deserve blame for the Leafs shortcomings? Absolutely. They can both be and are true. Andersen was the 2nd best goalie in every series as a Leafs. That is a fact. The Leafs had the lead going into the 3rd period of game 7(gasp that means they scored goals!!) and Freddy absolutely choked. There is more then enough blame to go around and Freddy absolutely earned his and acting like he was perfect and just propped up a Leaf team holding him back is as I said...absolute horse shit and blatantly just not true.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Jim Lahey is a drunk bastard.
53B54BBA-1E01-4C7E-8AEE-B11ACFE2A904.gif

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I mean...what is horseshit is acting like the Leafs have lost those series for only one specific reason...or even the same reason all 4 years. It is an incredibly shallow and empty argument. Does the core deserve blame for the shortcomings in the playoffs? Absolutely. Does Andersen also deserve blame for the Leafs shortcomings? Absolutely. They can both be and are true. Andersen was the 2nd best goalie in every series as a Leafs. That is a fact. The Leafs had the lead going into the 3rd period of game 7(gasp that means they scored goals!!) and Freddy absolutely choked. There is more then enough blame to go around and Freddy absolutely earned his and acting like he was perfect and just propped up a Leaf team holding him back is as I said...absolute horse shit and blatantly just not true.

I'm glad you realize that the core also deserved the blame and that Anderson isn't the reason behind the leafs failures. He's not perfect but he is more than adequate behind a true contender at his price point. If he was making 10 mill like the core, he would deserve more blame. He wasn't the best goalie in the series but how do you expect him to be better than Rask? . Maybe expect the leafs core who were the highest paid forwards to be the best and win a series. Andersen had some tough goals against and also great saves. He was adequate and enough to win if the core performed to their salaries.

Last edited:

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
So if a player sucks, they should just get a pass? The Leafs will honour the contract if the player does their part as well.
No. But maybe give the guy more than 17 games into his 3 year contract....
Some guys sign contracts, move their families, etc.
When two of your free agent signings are moved ~60 games into year 1 it's not a good look when trying to sign guys.

To be fair, the Ritchie signing was bad as soon as the pen hit the paper

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad