Waived: Petr Mrazek (Cleared)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Auston Marlander

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
They also signed Ritchie and bailed on him a few months in
Players gotta be lining up to sign with Dubas/Toronto
Sometimes players just aren't the right fit. Ritchie has been far better in Arizona, and it's not due to opportunity.

Mrazek has been horrible for us, playing far below his career average. Luckily we won a few games in spit of him.

All GMs have gems and they also have poor moves. The sign of a good GM is the ability to see your mistakes and cut ties (or get assets if you can). If Dubas insisted on keeping Mrazek just becuase he was "his guy" his head would be on a pike.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Such an odd waiver name, sign him for a cap hit of $3.8M for 3 years and then before the end of season 1 put him on waivers and hope someone takes him off your hands...

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I complained about Mrazek before he played his first game with the Leafs. I said he would be terrible. You can do a search history of my posts from October and whenever he first played. I knew he'd be terrible, sometimes it sucks being right.
What are you even talking about. My original post above was about fans of other teams saying all leaf fans thought Mrazek would be hasek. Thats utter crap, but they can say that with no proof and have no consequences. Follow the thread closer before you randomly reply to someone.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
My impression is this. Putting Mzarek on waivers and replacing him on the roster with Sateri gave them part of the cap room needed to fit in Giordano.
My guess is that they may have a deal in place for a goalie if he clears. If not, they stick with him. Whatever happens, I think the Leafs may try to clear some cap space today to be able to bring him back up Or to fit in whatever goalie they may pick up.

i don’t think it’s a case of the Leafs expecting him o be claimed, but if it happens, they likely havr a plain in place if it happens,

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
Mrazek peaked in Carolina, I think he's a backup at this point of his career. A very expensive overpriced backup.
Funny, I don't ever recall him being overly productive - very hot and cold and often injured. Never understood how he was ever considered more than a backup.

But that funniest thing has to be that the Leafs letting Andersen walk, when it is clearly their defensive system/personnel that is largely responsible for the subpar goaltending they receive. So maybe Mrazek "peaked" in Carolina and Andersen is having a career year because they have better coaching and defensive scheme and personnel. And now with Andersen gone, the Leafs are finally addressing the defense.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Funny, I don't ever recall him being overly productive - very hot and cold and often injured. Never understood how he was ever considered more than a backup.

But that funniest thing has to be that the Leafs letting Andersen walk, when it is clearly their defensive system/personnel that is largely responsible for the subpar goaltending they receive. So maybe Mrazek "peaked" in Carolina and Andersen is having a career year because they have better coaching and defensive scheme and personnel. And now with Andersen gone, the Leafs are finally addressing the defense.

Leafs definitely have their defensive issues, but Andersen also was never great for alot of the time when he was here as a Leaf. Was he solid/good for some of the time he was here? Sure, but he was also very hot and cold and didn't really ever show up consistently in the playoffs and steal games for the Leafs. Put an actual good goalie in Andersen's place during the past few years who could've provided some clutch goaltending and the Leafs probably win a round or two more than once already.

Good for Andersen that he's having some success with the Canes. Still glad he's gone and don't ever want him back on the Leafs.

93KILLER93

Feb 11, 2012
Anyone know what time is the waivers Deadline is today? is it at or before the trade deadline?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad