Waived: Petr Mrazek (Cleared)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Mrazek has a lot of talent, it sucks he never put it together. He always seemed a little overconfident or cocky to me, which isn't always the worst for a goalie, but in his case it certainly doesn't seem to have helped.

Confidence is one thing. But Mrazek was a headcase. Then, he had that great first half season with Detroit and you could see his head from space. I think the 15 shots from Ovi in a 1-0 Red Wings win f***ed him up because he felt like superman. Then, he just would overcommit to everything. Sometimes it works and he looks fantastic. But most of the time, especially when other teams have tape on you, you'll get baited into giving up easy goals because you play so aggressively.

He also wasn't helped by pouting after the Wings didn't trade away Howard and even worse left Mrazek unprotected for Vegas.

He's undoubtedly a supremely talented goalie, but he's also certifiable and not in the fun way that Hasek was.

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
There
There were many hot takes on Mrazek from overzealous Leaf fans. It's the same when they sign or trade for anyone.
There are many hot takes from every fanbase for every player. I'm not sure which of the Leafs stole your girlfriend, but man are you salty.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
0dc9027cde1bf33954d95f62960451f321bc0e340ddb28c049a7a173c4a372e9_1.jpg

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
Lol I'm just trying to hold Leaf fans accountable. I'm a casual observer of the team, and I see massive flaws in the way that Dubas constructed the roster and the overall philosophy. The have a Cup quality core, but Dubas has made several blunders that are costing the team a shot at winning it all and he is constanly given a pass.
So you're the accountability police? In case nobody has told you in a while, 'thank you for your service'.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
I like Mrazek. I feel like the Leafs goalie coach is part of the problem. But hey it's still you between the pipes having to get the job done. Best of luck to him next time he gets to an NHL team.

Reactions: Holy Slapshot

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Forgot how insufferable this board is. Mrazek has sucked, but now suddenly Freddy is a good goalie after years of being told by these same fans he sucked? Not to mention, the issue was NEVER with his play before April. His issue was he was not the solution in TO in net in the playoffs.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Forgot how insufferable this board is. Mrazek has sucked, but now suddenly Freddy is a good goalie after years of being told by these same fans he sucked? Not to mention, the issue was NEVER with his play before April. His issue was he was not the solution in TO in net in the playoffs.
It was leaf fans that placed all the blame on Andersen. Most other fans didn't think Andersen sucked.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
It was leaf fans that placed all the blame on Andersen (to deflect blame away from Matthews and Marner). Most other fans didn't think Andersen sucked.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
It was leaf fans that placed all the blame on Andersen. Most other fans didn't think Andersen sucked.

All the blame? No. But he deserved a big part of the blame for his play in elimination games.

And bull f***ing shit to the last point. Same shit as Kessel, this board pretending he was trash until he was moved and had success elsewhere.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
All the blame? No. But he deserved a big part of the blame for his play in elimination games.

And bull f***ing shit to the last point. Same shit as Kessel, this board pretending he was trash until he was moved and had success elsewhere.
Kessel was viewed as overpaid and can't be the best player on a good team, not trash. He got traded to a contender as a supporting cast player and thrived.

Anderson was viewed as a good but not great goalie. A solid goalie who can thrive on a cup contender team (Anaheim, Carolina) and can't carry a pretender.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Kessel was viewed as overpaid and can't be the best player on a good team, not trash. He got traded to another team as a supporting cast player and thrived.

Anderson was viewed as a good but not great goalie. A solid goalie who can thrive on a cup contender team (Anaheim, Carolina) and can't carry a pretender.

Whatever. Known TO troll is known. Hope the Avs lose again because they have awful fans. As obnoxious as Leaf fans but 1/4 the size of the fanbase.

Reactions: TML1990

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I've seen some pretty terrible goalies suit up for us. None gave the 10 ft rebounds as consistently as this guy did. I knew he was nothing special, but I honestly didn't know he was as bad as he showed here.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
It was leaf fans that placed all the blame on Andersen (to deflect blame away from Matthews and Marner). Most other fans didn't think Andersen sucked.
I mean that is just straight up horseshit. Maybe you thought that, I will give you the benefit of the doubt on that one. Most though? Hellll no Andersen got shit on consistently for absolutely choking those Game 7's against Boston and deservedly so to be completely honest. I actually still liked Freddy until I watched the All or Nothing series Prime did, got zero time for the guy and zero regrets about him not being on the team after watching it. He quit last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad