Waived: Petr Mrazek (Cleared)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
The copium in here from Leaf fans acting like someone will maybe claim Mrazek is overwhelming. No one's touching that contract with a 10 foot pole, outside of maybe one the flagrant tankers trying to stay at the cap floor like Arizona.
Ya this thread is a great example of copium. I remember the same thread just a few months ago when Ritchie was waived. It was "happy if he was claimed, also happy if he wasn't". And then they end up trading away an asset to get rid of that contract.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
The copium in here from Leaf fans acting like someone will maybe claim Mrazek is overwhelming. No one's touching that contract with a 10 foot pole, outside of maybe one the flagrant tankers trying to stay at the cap floor like Arizona.

Truly, nobody cares. I would put money on you having the most posts in this thread when it gets locked though, probably end up spending at least an hour typing up strawmans in a thread about a backup goalie getting waived by a team you don't even watch.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
He traded away a 2nd round pick. You can't just waste those to clean up your mess. Lybushkin is a JAG.
Lybushkin has been playing well playing up the lineup with Rielly. It is a conditional 2nd in 3 years. Like I am not saying the Ritchie contract wasn't a mistake...but what Lybushkin has been so far is certainly making the best out of a bad scenario at the very least.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
At this point he’s not even thought of as being more reliable than Kallgren. I don’t think this means anything is 100% complete just yet. It might just mean we’re running with a Campbell and Kallgren tandem. That’s how bad he is at this point.

Reactions: TML1990

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Why do I get the feeling the Leafs are about to do something massive like land John Gibson or something?

You don't just throw Mrazek on waivers without doing something else. Unless they're dumb enough to believe Kallgren is a good answer.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Can he be dealt when he’s on waivers? And, if he is gonna be sent down, that means his caphit can only be buried after he clears?

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Lybushkin has been playing well playing up the lineup with Rielly. It is a conditional 2nd in 3 years. Like I am not saying the Ritchie contract wasn't a mistake...but what Lybushkin has been so far is certainly making the best out of a bad scenario at the very least.
A conditional 2nd is a poor way to name it. It is Arizona's choice whether or not its a 2nd in 2025 or a 3rd in 2023. It's a guaranteed 2nd round pick in 2025 for Arizona unless they can make something better out of it.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Why do I get the feeling the Leafs are about to do something massive like land John Gibson or something?

You don't just throw Mrazek on waivers without doing something else. Unless they're dumb enough to believe Kallgren is a good answer.
At this point it’s almost worse to believe in Mrazek.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I think they are getting ready to do something I dont know what it is but I think something is coming

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
The real breaking news is Kyle Clifford on waivers.

Yes he had one of the worst games of all time last night but he's still valued at a 1st + Good Prospect.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I think they are getting ready to do something I dont know what it is but I think something is coming
At this point it’s almost worse to believe in Mrazek.

I think it is Fluery, I have nothing to base that off of but he is out there

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
A conditional 2nd is a poor way to name it. It is Arizona's choice whether or not its a 2nd in 2025 or a 3rd in 2023. It's a guaranteed 2nd round pick in 2025 for Arizona unless they can make something better out of it.
Who cares lol, Lybushkin is fine and would be worth a third at the deadline. If the cost of dumping Ritchie is the difference between next year's third and a 2nd in three years then not a single person in Leafs Land is concerned about it. Call it a guaranteed 2nd rounder if it makes you feel better, we're not sweating it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad