Waived: Petr Mrazek (Cleared)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
You should just never give Dubas any cap space. He does better when he just relies on the pro-scouts to find super low contract players like Bunting. When he gets space, his contract negotiation is awful. He's wasting the value he gets out of Bunting for Mrazek and Ritchie.
I mean to be fair he turned Ritchie into Lybushkin who has been really good so far. Remains to be seen whether he can navigate this mistake as well as he did Ritchie.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
No cost to the Leafs in signing Mrazek. What Dubas does with Mrazek and his cap hit, ultimately, will tell how it all worked out.
Mrazek's 0.884 save percentage and 3.5 goals per game already told us how it has worked out. I would pay assets to NOT have that level of goaltending, so there is a cost.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
He traded away a 2nd round pick. You can't just waste those to clean up your mess. Lybushkin is a JAG.

I don't know what a "JAG" is... but if that trade hadn't happened, and as the Leafs approached the deadline, there was a trade of Toronto's 2023 3rd for Lyubushkin, it seems to me that everyone would have called that a more than fair deal.

So what did he "overpay" by? Took on one day of Dzingel? Paying Hutton's salary off the cap? that option to turn a 2023 3rd into a 2025 second?

That being said... timing of this is somewhat curious. If I recall, the waiver wire was moved to 3pm a couple of years ago... Leafs won't know how much of his cap space they have to work with until after the deadline.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Recipe Unlimited

Sep 1, 2019
Another failed Dubas signing. How many saviours have been waived this year alone? I remember when homers were talking like Ritchie was prime Todd Bertuzzi and Mrazek Dom Hasek. What happened boys?

I guess the homers were wrong. You really showed them that's for sure!

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I'd love to see another subpar goalie brought in to replace Mrazek. Dubas doesn't want to pay a significant price, so if this is an indicator of another move, I'd love seeing Halak or Allen being the "big piece" coming in to back up Kallgren.

Reactions: Holy Slapshot

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I don't know what a "JAG" is... but if that trade hadn't happened, and as the Leafs approached the deadline, there was a trade of Toronto's 2023 3rd for Lyubushkin, it seems to me that everyone would have called that a more than fair deal.

So what did he "overpay" by? Took on one day of Dzingel? Paying Hutton's salary off the cap? that option to turn a 2023 3rd into a 2025 second?
Just another guy.

A 2023 3rd for Lyubushkin? No thanks. Thats awful. You can get a robert hagg for a 6th.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
The copium in here from Leaf fans acting like someone will maybe claim Mrazek is overwhelming. No one's touching that contract with a 10 foot pole, outside of maybe one the flagrant tankers trying to stay at the cap floor like Arizona.
You’re ignoring the greater issue… Even Arizona won’t do it without compensation.

If they want to be rid of it, somebody’s gonna demand a pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad