Peter Holland

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
He was emphasizing how no matter who plays in between JvR and Kessel, they will continue to produce. Playing with Kadri hasn't drastically changed Kessel's pace as most have suggested in the past.

However, what does matter, is who is placed in between Kessel and JvR will determine how many pucks go into their net when they're on the ice.

Looking at Bozak's plus minus from 2-3 years ago when the team was terrible is dumb.
We've been pretty terrible lately.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I think its very funny how your trying to show us how great a defensive player in Bozak is when your referencing the +/- of Kadri's line in recent games. Remember Mark Fraser with his +18 last year? Now he's -8 and garbage. To top it off, Bozak is a career minus player with -37 :laugh:

If your going to use +/- as a reference people here arent going to take your posts seriously

I know facts are funny to some when they don't back up their agendas. :laugh:

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
1st of all I said PROBABLY

2nd of all Anaheim is literally a top 10 PP team in the league.

3rd of all I'd argue against LA and Tampa being "BAD" PP teams.

and lastly how about some other examples statsman?

Chicago, Pittsburgh, St.Louis to name a few who are very much strong 5 on 5 and are killing it on the PP.

You know Chicago, defending Stanley Cup champions who use advanced stats.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.ht...All&sort=powerPlayPercentage&viewName=summary
ducks are 19
tampa 22
la 20

"probably" doesn't actually mean anything in statistics

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
He was emphasizing how no matter who plays in between JvR and Kessel, they will continue to produce. Playing with Kadri hasn't drastically changed Kessel's pace as most have suggested in the past.

However, what does matter, is who is placed in between Kessel and JvR will determine how many pucks go into their net when they're on the ice.

Looking at Bozak's plus minus from 2-3 years ago when the team was terrible is dumb.

Why don't we put Jay McClement on the 1st line? He's better defensively than bozak and cheaper, I mean JVR and Kessel are going to produce durr...

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
I think its very funny how your trying to show us how great a defensive player in Bozak is when your referencing the +/- of Kadri's line in recent games. Remember Mark Fraser with his +18 last year? Now he's -8 and garbage. To top it off, Bozak is a career minus player with -37 :laugh:

If your going to use +/- as a reference people here arent going to take your posts seriously

Yup. Fraser was due for a massive regression. His PDO was the 2nd highest in the league last year at 1073

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stat...+3+5+4+6+7+8+13+14+29+30+32+33+34+45+46+63+67

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
Why don't we put Jay McClement on the 1st line? He's better defensively than bozak and cheaper, I mean JVR and Kessel are going to produce durr...

Come on.........

That's where you your common sense and see Jay's lack of North/South game and hands makes him not a good as fit.

ALEXJD93

LOL
Dec 12, 2013
Well this has nothing to do with what you were discussing and what you claimed. Kadri is better defensively than Bozak is on the Kessel/JVR line.

Last week 5 on 5 with Kadri as center, that line scored 2 even strength goals, and they were on for 7 goals against. Please explain to me, how is this line better defensively with Kadri as you claim it to be?

You're using extremely small sample size as your basis citing plus minus once again, not worth an actual reply

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Bozak's defensive acumen is overrated. He isn't a good defender 5 on 5. Kadri is the superior player because he aids in driving possession forward. As long as you spend more time in the offensive zone each shift, you don't have to worry about pucks being directed towards your net. I mean just play your best C with your top wingers and let everything else play out. Everyone talks about how the Leafs should spread out the offense by keeping Kadri on the 2nd line, but if Bozak is as good as people say he is, I'm sure he won't have a problem looking like a dependable and relatively skilled NHLer away from Phil Kessel.

I think that Bozak would continue to look like a dependable and relatively skilled NHLer on the third line, just not offensively. He would probably contribute very little but would be valuable as a dependable player at even strength and thrive on the PK. I'm hopping that Holland will continue to develop and that we can use him and Kadri in the top 6 exclusively. Bozak at $4.25 was a mistake unless we can unload him to a team in need of a NHL center albeit one that is overpaid.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Why is there a Bozak vs Kadri discussion going in the Peter Holland thread?

Edit: And I forgot the rest of my post, haha.

There's absolutely no reason for Carlyle to split Holland's line up right now. Bozak won't be back for a long while so there's no sense in worrying about what happens when he returns. Carlyle has acknowledged that Holland is a talented guy who can score. Raymond can score, Lupul can score. Holland and Lupul can play a more puck possessive style game (compared to Raymond). They've complimented each other well and even if their scoring slows down (which is likely), nothing wrong with giving our top 6 an actual home rather than bouncing them all around the line up.

Last edited:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
+/- is the worst stat in hockey, but if you think its a superior stat worth repeating in multiple threads over and over again please carry on :shakehead

How about 5 on 5 play? When you score 2 goals for a line and let 7 in on the defensive side, do you think this is meaningless also? How many games do you expect to win with these totals?

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Do you just like hearing yourself talk? This is a hockey forum not a words with friends forum.

For the first time I agree with you and I will go back to hockey. Don't try to change the subject though only because you've been made to look a fool.

leafstilldeath*

Bozak's defensive acumen is overrated. He isn't a good defender 5 on 5. Kadri is the superior player because he aids in driving possession forward. As long as you spend more time in the offensive zone each shift, you don't have to worry about pucks being directed towards your net. I mean just play your best C with your top wingers and let everything else play out. Everyone talks about how the Leafs should spread out the offense by keeping Kadri on the 2nd line, but if Bozak is as good as people say he is, I'm sure he won't have a problem looking like a dependable and relatively skilled NHLer away from Phil Kessel.

Bozak plain sucks. Every offensive opportuny is wasted on the 1st line. It pisses me off that mediocrity is put on a pedestal. Bozak SUCKS and should be shipped out of this team. When fully healthy I want to see this:

JVR-The Dream-Thrill
Lups-Amsterdam-Ray
JMc-Bolland-Kuli
Orr/McLaren-Smith-Seinfeld/Ashton

Get Clarkson and Bozo off this team. Use 9 million dollars on Defense

Edit: As for the bolded part. Even Carlyle knows Bozak SUCKS and would not be worth a nickel without Kessel. Bozo is a useless peice of crap

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
For the first time I agree with you and I will go back to hockey. Don't try to change the subject though only because you've been made to look a fool.

LOL, guy I shut down everything you've ever said in this thread, just stop

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
And why is this? Could it be possible we are missing players in key spots that fit in better where we are using certain players out of position?
So you would agree that comparing Kadri with Smith and Holland behind him to Bozak with Kadri and Bolland is unfair to Kadri?

Maybe this should be moved to the Bozak thread? There's a good breakdown of production there

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Bozak plain sucks. Every offensive opportuny is wasted on the 1st line. It pisses me off that mediocrity is put on a pedestal. Bozak SUCKS and should be shipped out of this team. When fully healthy I want to see this:

JVR-The Dream-Thrill
Lups-Amsterdam-Ray
JMc-Bolland-Kuli
Orr/McLaren-Smith-Seinfeld/Ashton

Get Clarkson and Bozo off this team. Use 9 million dollars on Defense

This just in: bozak doesn't suck

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
So you would agree that comparing Kadri with Smith and Holland behind him to Bozak with Kadri and Bolland is unfair to Kadri?

Maybe this should be moved to the Bozak thread? There's a good breakdown of production there

I thought playing with Kessel and JVR a fire hydrant could be a PPG player playing with them. Not this week if this weeks game are an indication, when it is a true test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad