Peter Holland

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ALEXJD93

LOL
Dec 12, 2013
But why does Kessel and JVR who drive the offence for this line need a playmaker? Kessel's best role is goal scoring? I don't think you have watched Kessel play the past 3 seasons, he's a very good playmaker, the best on the team.

I agree that he is the best playmaker, but I disagree that he needs to be the one making the plays all the time? You act as if he wouldn't be putting the puck of Kadri's stick, who would be burying more often than Bozak would...

ALEXJD93

LOL
Dec 12, 2013
so career stats arent relevant now either? you have too many rules man. Even if you look at just toronto, as a statistician you would be fired if you voided 30% of the N value, those statistics are GARBAGE because they are irrelevant

His CAREER% of PP goals = 27% AS A LEAF = 30%, you're the one who made up the 40% then made up a number to make it work...

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

It's obvious for anyone that understands Kessel's game today, he's a playmaker, he makes plays, he wants to be the guy to make the plays. Let's put 2 playmakers on a line where defence is not their strongest suit. I wonder if these kids think hockey is just like playing a Video game.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Looks like you did his total PP goals in career divided by goals as a leaf (which you got wrong anyways) so... 30% is relevant, but 70% is more relevant, teams who win the 5v5 battles win the game, thats why adv stats use 5v5

LOL 30% is not relevant? thats exactly what you are saying. So if I take 30% of your pay check and say 70% is more relevant, you wouldnt be mad? If you took stats, you would know that nothing more then a .05 p value is considered relevant, its best to use a .01 p value, either way, 30% is statistically significant, and ignoring it makes the statistics invalid

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
Looks like you did his total PP goals in career divided by goals as a leaf (which you got wrong anyways) so... 30% is relevant, but 70% is more relevant, teams who win the 5v5 battles win the game, thats why adv stats use 5v5

What a crazy notion. I don't get the advanced stat hate, like it's a tool to see how the team can improve, why ignore it outright.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
His CAREER% of PP goals = 27% AS A LEAF = 30%, you're the one who made up the 40% then made up a number to make it work...
I made up that kessel has scored 55 power play goals in his career and has 146 total goals?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I agree that he is the best playmaker, but I disagree that he needs to be the one making the plays all the time? You act as if he wouldn't be putting the puck of Kadri's stick, who would be burying more often than Bozak would...

Is the object of the game to win as many games as possible, often by having the best spread out lineup as we did last season? You sound like one of those Grabovksi guys last year, let's play him on the top line so he can pad his stats. The game is about winning, not individual stats.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
so career stats arent relevant now either? you have too many rules man. Even if you look at just toronto, as a statistician you would be fired if you voided 30% of the N value, those statistics are GARBAGE because they are irrelevant

Career stats on another team are irrelavent when discussing who to play with on this team

ALEXJD93

LOL
Dec 12, 2013
Is the object of the game to win as many games as possible, often by having the best spread out lineup as we did last season? You sound like one of those Grabovksi guys last year, let's play him on the top line so he can pad his stats. The game is about winning, not individual stats.

OK, I get it, you think they should play Kadri on the 2nd line cause he is better and it spreads it out, better than "Bozak is better than Kadri" I guess, but I like to see a player maximize his abilities

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
It's obvious for anyone that understands Kessel's game today, he's a playmaker, he makes plays, he wants to be the guy to make the plays. Let's put 2 playmakers on a line where defence is not their strongest suit. I wonder if these kids think hockey is just like playing a Video game.

That's what makes him and JVR together, they are both fast skilled wingers who can snipe and playmake.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
OK, I get it, you think they should play Kadri on the 2nd line cause he is better and it spreads it out, better than "Bozak is better than Kadri" I guess

I like Bozak on the Kessel line because he is a better all around Center than Kadri is now at this point of their careers, you are only interested in padding stats without understanding defence wins hockey games too. Now you get it?

ALEXJD93

LOL
Dec 12, 2013
What a crazy notion. I don't get the advanced stat hate, like it's a tool to see how the team can improve, why ignore it outright.

My theory is some people just think they are better at watching hockey or something, don't want to think that anyone can just "learn" hockey (for lack of a better term)

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
30% is valid, but you have specially made lines for the PP that are more offensive vs those in 5 on 5.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
That's what makes him and JVR together, they are both fast skilled wingers who can snipe and playmake.

Kessel and JVR need someone to get them the puck in the neutral zone, they don't need anyone joining them on 3 on 1 rushes. What makes Bozak so good on that line, is he has no illusions of being on their level offensively, this is why that line scored 4 goals head to head against Pittsburg's Crosby's line and was +9 collectively. Strong offensive presence with Bozak as their defensive conscience.

ALEXJD93

LOL
Dec 12, 2013
I like Bozak on the Kessel line because he is a better all around Center than Kadri is now at this point of their careers, you are only interested in padding stats without understanding defence wins hockey games too. Now you get it?

Yeah, I just don't think that Bozak is any better defensively, that line has looked fine IMO in their own zone with Kadri, and getting more offensive zone time, best defensive is a good offense

ALEXJD93

LOL
Dec 12, 2013
It doesnt even matter that this website has it wrong, 30% is still statistically relevant either way

Website had it right guy, you had them wrong, and back to my original point, 70% is more relevant, win the 5v5 battle you win the game, also I could probably pull it up to show you how Kadri is better on the PP with Kessel than Bozak is as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad