Player Discussion Arber Xhekaj: The Sheriff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
You kind of need to have seen Odelein plays to understand. Statistically he was nothing special. But man he was a special player. Loved him a lot.
Yes I agree, I loved him as a hab. In the same way I liked McPhee, Skrudland, Keane and others. There is more to a hockey game than appears on the scoreboard. If we want a good group with long-term success, we need guys that go to war for their brothers. Talent alone is not enough, see Toronto.

Yeah, rough game yesterday.. in ways he might have been the worst of the guys playing yesterday. Engstrom had the bigger gaffe but overall felt Xhekaj struggled a bit.

But pre-season isn't really where he's most effective.
I agree with this. He isn't exactly the type of guy that rises to the occasion in a game of preseason shinny.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yes I agree, I loved him as a hab. In the same way I liked McPhee, Skrudland, Keane and others. There is more to a hockey game than appears on the scoreboard. If we want a good group with long-term success, we need guys that go to war for their brothers. Talent alone is not enough, see Toronto.

I agree with this. He isn't exactly the type of guy that rises to the occasion in a game of preseason shinny.
Montreal would do well to keep players like Xhekaj and Barron on their strong sides.
When they start interchanging in the Dzone things get dicey.
When they were paired together they stayed put and were fairly efficient.
Neither is equipped to play with Hutson who will leave his partner in tight quarters on occasion.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad