Peter Holland

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Animal

Oct 10, 2012
I saw Holland on the train last week when I was getting off at Clarkson station. Honestly such a cool guy, I shook his hand and talked to him for a couple minutes. Pretty awesome

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If you believe $4.2M is top 6 money, he is overpaid. He is a 3rd/4th line player who doesn't really bring anything to the table for the exception of faceoffs, and he isn't even remotely great at that either. His contract is not good at all.

You don't get it, our money is allocated on the wings on this team. Bozak is only the 6th highest paid Leaf. A 6th highest paid player playing on your top line or top 6 is good value.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
You don't get it, our money is allocated on the wings on this team. Bozak is only the 6th highest paid Leaf. A 6th highest paid player playing on your top line or top 6 is good value.

Other than Kessel the wingers are at a good price. Just over Bozak's money.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Other than Kessel the wingers are at a good price. Just over Bozak's money.

If our wingers stay healthy, I am comfortable having 4M centres of the 2nd to higher 3rd line caliber down the middle.

Pitt had Crosby/Malkin/Staal for years and mediocre wingers, they haven't won a cup in 6 years. There's more than one way to skin a cat, and the biggest fallacy going in hockey is you need an elite Center to win a championship. You need good centres plus a lot of everything else to win championships.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Interactif;76194451[B said:
]I know you cannot fathom the people that run our organization actually value this so called stiff while 5 or 6 posters don't. [/B]What exactly has he done this year to not earn 4.2 per. Have you seen Stephen Weiss at 4.9? 11 points in 15 1/2 games at +5 is earning 4.2 per against top defensive pairings.

Well after the moves made last summer, it's hard to trust or believe this management team has any capabilities of putting together a winning team efficiently.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
If our wingers stay healthy, I am comfortable having 4M centres of the 2nd to higher 3rd line caliber down the middle.

Pitt had Crosby/Malkin/Staal for years and mediocre wingers, they haven't won a cup in 6 years. There's more than one way to skin a cat, and the biggest fallacy going in hockey is you need an elite Center to win a championship. You need good centres plus a lot of everything else to win championships.

Well we are well on our way to the cup then. We don't have elite centers.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Nope, but Bozak, Bolland, and Kadri are solid C's. Keep Bolland/Bozak, and deal Kadri for something better.

First thing you keep is Kadri. 23 year old that's already scoring at a higher rate than the other centers. His all around game will keep improving as well as his "men" strength.

The next guy is Bolland. Very well rounded. Has the sense when to take the risk and swing momentum in games.

MarkLeftBehind

Jun 24, 2013
Alberta
Nope, but Bozak, Bolland, and Kadri are solid C's. Keep Bolland/Bozak, and deal Kadri for something better.

:shakehead

? - Kadri - Bolland. I like Bozak, but unless Kadri continues to improve then he doesn't fit as a #1 and we need to upgrade; if that upgrade is Kadri getting better then great. Kadri - Bozak - Bolland.

ALEXJD93

LOL
Dec 12, 2013

I don't think you get it, regardless of the position they use him in, he isn't worth the money, doesn't produce like he should with the players and ice time he gets.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Umm,no.

I would rather trade Bozak for something better. Steen,R.Courtnall and I could go on. In fact, to improve at C we have to move Bozak and his $4.2M, Kessel knows this is a business.

Boyce

Sep 5, 2009
Toronto, ON
Sign Bozak to assure Kessel signs long-term ✓
Kessel is a professional and will obviously not want out if Bozak was shipped away.

We can either do Kadri-1, Holland-2, Bolland-3, McClement-4 trading Bozak for a right handed defender or keep Bozak-1 and put Holland in the AHL; along with Trevor Smith.

*** Above is said with the intention that Holland continues to perform at this rate.

At the people thinking we're going to get rid of our 7th overall pick; don't be vacuous.

Holland, Kadri, and Gardiner are all 3 good 1st round picks that should not be traded, didn't we learn our lesson after Steen?

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Or Bolland's. Reality is the better Holland plays, one player will not be in the Leafs longterm plans. Knowing what Nonis and Carlyle value, we are left to speculate who that player will be if and it's still a big if Holland continues his good play.

Bozak is under a contract that will make him difficult to move. Bolland is UFA so even if they like him a bit more, he has to be the logical one to leave if Holland breaks out. It will be strange if they extend him and Holland continues strong play. The depth is nice but if we accept that Bolland is a true #3 c then one of Holland or Kadri is likely moved to a wing (neither seems good enough on faceoffs to push Boz to the wing).
To me this means Holland likely becomes a 3rd line winger which might not be a fit for him unless they are looking to deal one of the wingers above him on the depth chart.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I would rather trade Bozak for something better. Steen,R.Courtnall and I could go on. In fact, to improve at C we have to move Bozak and his $4.2M, Kessel knows this is a business.

Any club in the league could have had him last summer for $4.3 and no assets. He has never proven he can play and succeed away from Kessel and that has to kill his trade value. I don't think he is dealable until he gets a couple years deeper into his contract term and the cap climbs a bit higher. Like Boz or not you probably have to project him in the lineup for a while. Since the club just signed him long term, they don't seem to be concerned with moving his contract. The increase in the cap and buyouts coming off don't put a gun to their head anyways. Its only an issue if a quality center they like becomes available.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
First thing you keep is Kadri. 23 year old that's already scoring at a higher rate than the other centers. His all around game will keep improving as well as his "men" strength.

The next guy is Bolland. Very well rounded. Has the sense when to take the risk and swing momentum in games.

How do you figure Kadri's strength will increase at this point? Because he's aging? A 19 year old who actually trains hard in the gym can easily come in and push Kadri around. His "men" strength as you call it already kicked in when he hit puberty. This IS his natural strength.

All those older stronger guys aren't strong because of their age. They're strong because they have years of training under their belt. The ones who do not train hard and are built as a brick have superior genetics ( which Kadri obviously does not have ).

Don't hold your breath for Kadri getting stronger until we hear reports of him taking training serious.

Kadri doesn't even look like an athlete. Even if he starts training hard now and taking nutrition serious...... he has years to go ( unless he hops on some serious juice in the off season lol )

thepatient

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
you send Holland down when everyone is back, it adds depth to the team in case of future injuries.

JVR - Bozak -Kessel
Lupul - Kadri -Raymond
Kulemin - Bolland - Clarkson
D'amigo - McClement - Orr/McClaren/Ashton (any marlie who is hot)

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
you send Holland down when everyone is back, it adds depth to the team in case of future injuries.

JVR - Bozak -Kessel
Lupul - Kadri -Raymond
Kulemin - Bolland - Clarkson
D'amigo - McClement - Orr/McClaren/Ashton (any marlie who is hot)

How about this?

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Bolland - Clarkson
Raymond - Kadri - Holland
D'amigo - McClement - Kulemin

or

Lupul - Kadri - Kessel
JVR - Bolland - Clarkson
Raymond - Bozak - Holland
D'amigo - McClement - Kulemin

If Holland isn't playing well going forward, then Kulemin or Levio can step in. Bodie or the Goons can sub in on the 4th line if needed.

It would be nice to have 4 lines that can all play well and produce offensively.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Bozak is under a contract that will make him difficult to move. Bolland is UFA so even if they like him a bit more, he has to be the logical one to leave if Holland breaks out. It will be strange if they extend him and Holland continues strong play. The depth is nice but if we accept that Bolland is a true #3 c then one of Holland or Kadri is likely moved to a wing (neither seems good enough on faceoffs to push Boz to the wing).
To me this means Holland likely becomes a 3rd line winger which might not be a fit for him unless they are looking to deal one of the wingers above him on the depth chart.

You are right, I don't think Nonis and Co. signed Bozak to a long term contract just to move him. It would be silly considering he is earning his contract this year, a modest one when you consider he is 6th on the pecking order in salary on this team. If Leafs sign Bolland long term, they will have committed themselves at C. Which makes room for one of Kadri or Holland. Things will get interesting if Holland continues his output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad