Peter Holland

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Holland is staying. He's definitely a top six centre and if he can remain consistent will compliment JVR and Kessel a lot better than Bozak or Kadri. Seeing that JVR cannot consistently be the only power guy on his line, he needs some help and Gauthier/ Holland will be that guy. Kessel is an elite perimeter forward, and we need to be serious about building around him.

Kadri should be playing on a separate line much like Malkin on the Penguins. He's shown great chemistry with Lupul, but needs a third linemate that can play a consistent power game. Clarkson doesn't seem compatible (and is better with Bolland on the shut down line) so we'll likely see that spot filled by a prospect (i.e. Gauthier, Lievo?).

I think our core looks like this:

JVR - PWF - Kessel
Lupul - #1B - PWF
TWF - Bolland - Clarkson

It's going to between Bozak or Kadri. Seeing that our #1C needs to be physically strong two-way forward, I see Holland or even Gauthier (long-term) as superior fits. We need Kessel to be insulated and Kadri doesn't really help much. We don't necessarily require a PWF like Backes ( most ideal), but Patrick Marleau-esque centre would be excellent as well.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
How can you possibly justify sending him down.

Even when hes not scoring he provides size and puck possession. That alone has value to us

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
He replaces bozak...than trade bozak..

JVR-Kadri-Kessel
Lupul- Holland- Raymond
Kulemin- Bolland- Clarkson

BOOM!

I hope this happens after this season is over. Would allow us to get a bigger sample size with Holland and Kadri manning the 2nd and 1st line.

Would love the 4th line of D'amigo-McClement-Ashton. Good cycle line, provides safe 4th line minutes.

But knowing Carlyle, Holland might get send down as soon as both Bozak and Bolland are ready. I hope I am wrong.

TheVision

Sep 18, 2011

JVR-Kadri-Kessel
Lupul- Holland- Raymond

BOOM!

Like the looks of this, but just can't see them moving Bozak. Bozak has been good for Kessel and JVR, a good defensive minded Centre is always a good thing to have around your best 2 snipers. SO, that leaves a conundrum at Centre doesn't it?

I can't see Nonis allowing Bolland, McClement, & Kulemin all move on. I'd actually prefer to see them all resigned myself. So who does that leave out: Mason Raymond. After his production so far this season, think we'll get him for $1M next season...doubt it. So I propose this lineup:

JVR Bozak Kessel
Lupul Holland Kadri
Kulemin Bolland Clarkson
McClaren McClement D'Amigo
Ashton Smith Orr

Now, the only issue I have with this lineup for next season, what if Josh Leivo is ready to stay with the big club? Nonis may have to look at moving some of these young assets for a Top pairing Shutdown D Man. As we saw last night, this team can turn it on and be a VERY dangerous team. With Bolland and Bozak back soon enough, I just hope Peter Holland still gets a chance to show what he's got. I'm happy to see him taking advantage of his chances; he could be a real find for us if he keeps that chemistry with Lupul!

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I've liked the way he's looked most of the time he's played in the top six (I think there was one game he didn't look great). I hope Randy gives him more of an opportunity to play in a top 6 role.

Last edited:

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I've really liked the way he's looked. He shows glimpses of being a top 6 player in the NHL. Both he and Kadri could be our top 6 centers for years to come. Hopefully we lock up Bolland as the #3 guy and McClement as the #4.

This being said, we can't get rid of Bozak yet, as he's still a better player than Holland is. Although Holland definitely has the potential to be a real second line center.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
With the way our Centers have been hurt this year and the impact they have to our team. I doubt anyone is going to be moved this season, anyone who thinks we should trade anyone is not rational.

I would go with Bolland, Bozak, Kadri, and Holland the rest of the way. This would be good depth down the middle.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
With the way our Centers have been hurt this year and the impact they have to our team. I doubt anyone is going to be moved this season, anyone who thinks we should trade anyone is not rational.

I would go with Bolland, Bozak, Kadri, and Holland the rest of the way. This would be good depth down the middle.

kid is big and goes to the net ........hes staying

King85Kong

Playoffs?
Nov 24, 2013
Toronto

JVR-Kadri-Kessel
Lupul- Holland- Raymond

BOOM!

Totally agree with this. Those two just have way more upside then Bozak, and Bolland is better for the third line. Ironic that what happened to Grabo is going to happen to Bozak. Like where this team is heading.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011

The only issue is that all those guys are too good to be on the 4th line. They can each play 1st, 2nd and 3rd comfortably but too much for the 4th.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I definitely would not break up the Raymond/Holland/Lupul line any time soon. These 3 looked outstanding together, and should continue to play together until they look bad.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The only issue is that all those guys are too good to be on the 4th line. They can each play 1st, 2nd and 3rd comfortably but too much for the 4th.

kid is big and goes to the net ........hes staying

At this stage you want to see him make it, he's a 09 draft pick. He needs to show he can do it on a regular basis now. The 2nd round pick does not matter to me as much if he earns a spot.

Bolland and Bozak will be back soon enough. Makes us a deeper team which is what you want from a depth standpoint. But Kadri and Holland are still young guys, it's a good mix of 2 more experienced guys with 2 young guys.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
There's no logjam at centre.

Both bolland and holland could easily slide over to the wing. Holland would probably work very well on the wing in particular.

But just picture last nights lineup, with mclaren-smith-bodie line replaced with bolland-bozak-clarkson.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
Just did some number crunching.

Holland has played 12 games, but he's averaged only 12 minutes a game. That works out to 8 18-minute games.

Six point in eight games is pretty good, considering he's played some of his minutes with fourth-liners and not seen too much PP time.

I'd like to see him playing with Lupul for a few games. Preferably, play Clarkson on the shutdown line.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
Holland's best game as a Leaf by a mile, last night.
2 Goals and an assist against one of the top teams in the NHL. Should have had a hat trick and could easily had a few more points. His line looked great all night.
Thought D'Amigo had a real solid game, also. Seems to be improving each game.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Holland had a great game last night so I would keep him with Lupul and Raymond. However, things can easily change because to me, I still don't know what I am getting with Holland over the course of a long period of time

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Lupul made the 2nd line work tonight, everything was created by him essentially. He made Kadri better last season and now he has made Holland look good for one game. Lupul at 5.25 was a very astute signing by Nonis, who gets heat everytime we lose a game here as ruining what Burke did right, with some wrong mixed in. At worst if Holland can continue his play in Pittsburg against one of Malkin or Crosby, since Blysma has last change, it will give Carlyle an option of Kadri or Holland for Lupul down the line. Did like Holland skating to openings on the ice, totally different Center than Kadri. Both have unique skill sets.

The Shrike

Jul 13, 2008
Toronto
You know, people bash Bozak's contract but IMHO it makes him very desirable and tradable.

If I were Nonis, I wouldn't be looking at trading away any centres for a while. Gauthier may bump one out eventually, but that's next year at the earliest.

Oh, and why does the scroll above list Colborne as a Toronto Maple Leafs Prospect?

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
If I were Nonis, I wouldn't be looking at trading away any centres for a while. Gauthier may bump one out eventually, but that's next year at the earliest.

Oh, and why does the scroll above list Colborne as a Toronto Maple Leafs Prospect?

freddy g wont be ready for at least 2-3 years

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios

At least 2 more seasons after this one before Gauthier is ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad