Peter Holland

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Holland's best game as a Leaf by a mile, last night.
2 Goals and an assist against one of the top teams in the NHL. Should have had a hat trick and could easily had a few more points. His line looked great all night.
Thought D'Amigo had a real solid game, also. Seems to be improving each game.

I was very impressed with the D'Amigo - McClement - Kulemin line. Anytime you can suppress Sharp - Toews - Hossa is a success, but to add two goals is just really awesome. They were dumping the puck deep, cycling down low, forechecking and sticking to their assignments appropriately. They were causing a lot of problems for one of the best two way lines in the league.

Lupul, Holland and Raymond were flying that game too. Both those lines were buzzing whenever they were on the ice. To do that against top premier talent shows what this team is capable of if they put the work and effort in.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
Is he eligible for the Marlies next year, or will it be a juniors or Leafs choice only, like Rielly this year?

He's a year and a month younger than Rielly. So next year he'll be a month younger than Rielly is now, which can only mean that he's AHL-ineligible next year.

He'll be in junior for one more year, and then probably with the Marlies the following year. one nice thing about him is that his size and defensive awareness mean that he can join the club sooner as a 4th line centre or 3rd line winger and start getting NHL experience.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
Lupul made the 2nd line work tonight, everything was created by him essentially. He made Kadri better last season and now he has made Holland look good for one game. Lupul at 5.25 was a very astute signing by Nonis, who gets heat everytime we lose a game here as ruining what Burke did right, with some wrong mixed in. At worst if Holland can continue his play in Pittsburg against one of Malkin or Crosby, since Blysma has last change, it will give Carlyle an option of Kadri or Holland for Lupul down the line. Did like Holland skating to openings on the ice, totally different Center than Kadri. Both have unique skill sets.

Not dismissing Lupul, but Holland and Raymond both played great last night on their own merit. That line was good, due to all three of them.

ALEXJD93

LOL
Dec 12, 2013
Only your 2nd post on this forum and already a Bozak hater. :sarcasm:

Your arguement is that it's only my second post? Sick guy.. Not a Bozak hater, just calling what I see, Smith would put up similar totals if he played every second of his ice time with JVR and Kessel too

CellarDweller0

Feb 19, 2010
Mississauga
If I were Nonis, I wouldn't be looking at trading away any centres for a while. Gauthier may bump one out eventually, but that's next year at the earliest.

Oh, and why does the scroll above list Colborne as a Toronto Maple Leafs Prospect?

He doesn't, I never said he did, but it gives options and certainly isn't a hindrance.

CellarDweller0

Feb 19, 2010
Mississauga
Your arguement is that it's only my second post? Sick guy.. Not a Bozak hater, just calling what I see, Smith would put up similar totals if he played every second of his ice time with JVR and Kessel too

Doubt it....when Bozak went down and they started experimenting with players at 1C you could see that Bozak with missed.

ALEXJD93

LOL
Dec 12, 2013
Doubt it....when Bozak went down and they started experimenting with players at 1C you could see that Bozak with missed.

Kadri has looked better with that line in every game they've played, Bozak is not a first line center, Kadri might not be either but he's the closest thing the Leafs have. There's no arguement to be made that Bozak is better offensively than Kadri

ALEXJD93

LOL
Dec 12, 2013

Smith has 4 goals and 5 assists for 9 points (1 PP assist) AVG's 10 minutes of ice time over 23 games = 220 minutes on ice with weaker linemates and less PP time

Bozak has 4 goals and 7 assists for 11 points (2 ppg and 1 ppa) playing in an average of 20 minutes a game over 16 games = 320 minutes on ice with the best linemates the Leafs have to offer

NOW KADRI has 10 goals and 12 assists for 22 points (3ppg 6ppa) playing an average of 17 minutes a game over 30 games = 510 minutes, half of which were with kessel jvr and the other half with weaker linemates... but ya know you're right, Bozak is so missed...

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Like the looks of this, but just can't see them moving Bozak. Bozak has been good for Kessel and JVR, a good defensive minded Centre is always a good thing to have around your best 2 snipers. SO, that leaves a conundrum at Centre doesn't it?

I can't see Nonis allowing Bolland, McClement, & Kulemin all move on. I'd actually prefer to see them all resigned myself. So who does that leave out: Mason Raymond. After his production so far this season, think we'll get him for $1M next season...doubt it. So I propose this lineup:

JVR Bozak Kessel
Lupul Holland Kadri
Kulemin Bolland Clarkson
McClaren McClement D'Amigo
Ashton Smith Orr

Now, the only issue I have with this lineup for next season, what if Josh Leivo is ready to stay with the big club? Nonis may have to look at moving some of these young assets for a Top pairing Shutdown D Man. As we saw last night, this team can turn it on and be a VERY dangerous team. With Bolland and Bozak back soon enough, I just hope Peter Holland still gets a chance to show what he's got. I'm happy to see him taking advantage of his chances; he could be a real find for us if he keeps that chemistry with Lupul!

Kadri is not a winger. We will never get everything that we can out of him if he is on the wing.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Smith has 4 goals and 5 assists for 9 points (1 PP assist) AVG's 10 minutes of ice time over 23 games = 220 minutes on ice with weaker linemates and less PP time

Bozak has 4 goals and 7 assists for 11 points (2 ppg and 1 ppa) playing in an average of 20 minutes a game over 16 games = 320 minutes on ice with the best linemates the Leafs have to offer

NOW KADRI has 10 goals and 12 assists for 22 points (3ppg 6ppa) playing an average of 17 minutes a game over 30 games = 510 minutes, half of which were with kessel jvr and the other half with weaker linemates... but ya know you're right, Bozak is so missed...

I'm starting to like you already. Keep up the great posts!

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York

I think that the loss of Bozak definitely hurt our C depth forcing guys like Smith, Smithson and McClement into roles that they weren't best suited, especially with Bolland already out. I don't agree however that the loss of Bozak hurt the first line directly.

ALEXJD93

LOL
Dec 12, 2013
I think that the loss of Bozak definitely hurt our C depth forcing guys like Smith, Smithson and McClement into roles that they weren't best suited, especially with Bolland already out. I don't agree however that the loss of Bozak hurt the first line directly.

Agree that using Smithson and Mcclement is higher roles hurt the team, but trusting Holland worked out well last night, hope to see it moving forward

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
He replaces bozak...than trade bozak..

JVR-Kadri-Kessel
Lupul- Holland- Raymond
Kulemin- Bolland- Clarkson

BOOM!

If they trade Bozak then our depth if we make the playoffs is:
Kadri
Holland
Bolland
McClement

Smith
Smithson

One defense and one offence minded in case of injury. What are the chances of them losing multiple centers again in the playoffs? If we can use Bozak to get us some D I think that we have to make the trade.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Agree that using Smithson and Mcclement is higher roles hurt the team, but trusting Holland worked out well last night, hope to see it moving forward

Not just last night either. He's looked good going to the net and making chances for himself since we got him. If only Colborne could have had his compete level.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011

That's actually hilarious that you think smith is a 1c, note: there are not 2 E'S in argument

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011

This argument is so bad in so many different ways, you are trying to claim that players produce more when they play more? That's a ground breaking feat. I like how you don't take into account the fact that the bozak line draws the top defenders, or how the bozak and jmac line typically gets more defensive starts either. You are essentially saying that the only variable that is important in determining offensive output is TOI, this is simply not true.

ALEXJD93

LOL
Dec 12, 2013
That's actually hilarious that you think smith is a 1c, note: there are not 2 E'S in argument

I was saying Bozak isn't a 1C, not the other way around... Was simply saying that Smith would produce similarily with the first line, and argue my points not my spelling, this is a Leafs forum not a spelling contest

ALEXJD93

LOL
Dec 12, 2013
This argument is so bad in so many different ways, you are trying to claim that players produce more when they play more? That's a ground breaking feat. I like how you don't take into account the fact that the bozak line draws the top defenders, or how the bozak and jmac line typically gets more defensive starts either. You are essentially saying that the only variable that is important in determining offensive output is TOI, this is simply not true.

Kadri gets the same top D units when playing on the top line. Also, you aren't taking into account QoT (quality of teammates) either, while the top line does draw top defenders, Bozak has better players to work with. Smith has been on the 4th line at times and if not he was playing with Clarkson, and he wasn't helping either... Smith and Bozak also have the exact same zone starts, look these things up before you argue them

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
I was saying Bozak isn't a 1C, not the other way around... Was simply saying that Smith would produce similarily with the first line, and argue my points not my spelling, this is a Leafs forum not a spelling contest

LOL, again, you cannot assume that smith would produce similarly because he has been drawing 3rd pair defenders every night, its not a difficult concept to grasp, you aren't accounting for the vast difficulty adjustment between playing against top pair defenders and bottom pair defenders, it doesn't matter if bozak isn't a 1c, he is THIS TEAMS 1c, that's all that matters.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Kadri gets the same top D units when playing on the top line. Also, you aren't taking into account QoT (quality of teammates) either, while the top line does draw top defenders, Bozak has better players to work with. Smith has been on the 4th line at times and if not he was playing with Clarkson, and he wasn't helping either... Smith and Bozak also have the exact same zone starts, look these things up before you argue them

Literally everything you said in this post is not true. The jvr X kessel line draws top defenders every single night, it doesn't matter who's playing center there, if kadri is on the 2nd or 3rd line, he is NOT drawing the 1st pair defenders, that is absolutely wrong. If you honestly think that smith is better then bozak then you need to give your head a shake, because he is certainly not. I dont know where you get your information from, but bozak has taken 19 more total faceoffs in 7 less games, maybe instead of hating the guy, you should come to terms and accept that he is the 1c for the toronto maple leafs, and smith will stay bottom 6 for virtually his whole career, lets just stick with that premise for now

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
LOL, again, you cannot assume that smith would produce similarly because he has been drawing 3rd pair defenders every night, its not a difficult concept to grasp, you aren't accounting for the vast difficulty adjustment between playing against top pair defenders and bottom pair defenders, it doesn't matter if bozak isn't a 1c, he is THIS TEAMS 1c, that's all that matters.

It's difficult to argue with stats that Smith is as good as Bozak because he's never been given a chance on the #1 line. However, Kadri is a different story and undeniably much better than Bozak. Here are Kessel's stats with Kadri vs. Bozak at even strength:

Kadri

GF20 - 1.288
GA20 - 0.716
Differential - 0.572

Bozak

GF20 - 1.067
GA20 - 0.712
Differential - 0.355

Bozak is not this team's 1C. Kadri is.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
How do you figure Kadri's strength will increase at this point? Because he's aging? A 19 year old who actually trains hard in the gym can easily come in and push Kadri around. His "men" strength as you call it already kicked in when he hit puberty. This IS his natural strength.

All those older stronger guys aren't strong because of their age. They're strong because they have years of training under their belt. The ones who do not train hard and are built as a brick have superior genetics ( which Kadri obviously does not have ).

Don't hold your breath for Kadri getting stronger until we hear reports of him taking training serious.

Kadri doesn't even look like an athlete. Even if he starts training hard now and taking nutrition serious...... he has years to go ( unless he hops on some serious juice in the off season lol )

There is a reason players have prime years. This is when their bodies have filled in and in top shape to heal as well. This would be their peak years. Usually, around 25-32. I'm not holding my breath on Kadri getting stronger. Nature says he IS going to get stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad