Peter Holland

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
No. If you have an excess of Cs you play them at wing. See team Canada. Wingers never make good centres in an emergency. See Toronto Maple Leafs

I agree :laugh:

Holland can suddenly replace Kadri now?

I can see the Jeff Carter comparisons to Holland .. Once the Leafs get healthy a top 6 of:

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Holland

Some scoring potential there

mikebel111*

Holland looks better with Lupul than Kadri has this year. Last year Kadri was magic with Lupul. Maybe this is an audition of who gets this coveted spot on the Leafs longterm. :naughty:

more like this is an addition for Holland to take bozak's spot

and have a 1 2 punch of kadri and Holland.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
more like this is an addition for Holland to take bozak's spot

and have a 1 2 punch of kadri and Holland.

Or Bolland's. Reality is the better Holland plays, one player will not be in the Leafs longterm plans. Knowing what Nonis and Carlyle value, we are left to speculate who that player will be if and it's still a big if Holland continues his good play.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

Or Bolland's. Reality is the better Holland plays, one player will not be in the Leafs longterm plans.

I wonder a bit about Bolland. I'm guessing he's going to want a raise for next year. He was good for us when he was playing for sure. We're stuck with Bozo for the next few years, we've got Kadri. How much should we offer Bolland?

Anyway, I'm just really happy about Holland. Also I found out my friend's older brother played with him a while ago and sees him in the offseason and apparently he's just a really cool guy.

mikebel111*

Or Bolland's. Reality is the better Holland plays, one player will not be in the Leafs longterm plans. Knowing what Nonis and Carlyle value, we are left to speculate who that player will be if and it's still a big if Holland continues his good play.

agreed here.

but either way

kadri
Holland
bozak

or

kadri
Holland
bolland

is pretty good.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
I don't think Holland will ever carry a line, but he's someone who can elevate his game with good players.

He will do his role each time out there and finish plays. Very early though, but the potential is there.

mikebel111*

I wonder a bit about Bolland. I'm guessing he's going to want a raise for next year. He was good for us when he was playing for sure. We're stuck with Bozo for the next few years, we've got Kadri. How much should we offer Bolland?

Anyway, I'm just really happy about Holland. Also I found out my friend's older brother played with him a while ago and sees him in the offseason and apparently he's just a really cool guy.

this will be interesting

rumors indicate maclement and bolland extensions have started. and phaneuf is close as well.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Bozak and Bolland have played well this year, no one can tell me they have not earned their contracts. None will command what Kadri will in 2 summers. I do know one thing, Nonis will make a fair offer to Bolland, who looked like a core player to us before going down. It depends on Bolland, if he wants to stay a Leaf he will be one. My guess is 4.2 range for 5 years.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
who the heck cares if Holland is cheaper?

it looks as if you don't want to pay players that are good.

Nonis will, Holland playing well will put one of our Centers on the block. Maybe not this year, but eventually. I don't think Nonis is trading any C's after what has happened with our injuries this year.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Bozak and Bolland have played well this year, no one can tell me they have not earned their contracts. None will command what Kadri will in 2 summers. I do know one thing, Nonis will make a fair offer to Bolland, who looked like a core player to us before going down. It depends on Bolland, if he wants to stay a Leaf he will be one. My guess is 4.2 range for 5 years.

We're talking Kadri, Bolland, and Bozak. One is a young top 6 C who also happens to be a legit core piece on this team. Neither Bozak or Bolland are top 6 players. Keeping Bolland or Bozak over Kadri would be ridiculous. Of course given Bozak's ridiculous contract, we're most likely stuck with him for the long haul.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I don't think Holland will ever carry a line, but he's someone who can elevate his game with good players.

He will do his role each time out there and finish plays. Very early though, but the potential is there.

I completely agree with this. I'm glad to see Peter is doing well with the Leafs.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
So we're going to have to get rid of a key core piece because some other stiff on this team is drastically overpaid for the services he provides to this organization? Sweet.

I know you cannot fathom the people that run our organization actually value this so called stiff while 5 or 6 posters don't. What exactly has he done this year to not earn 4.2 per. Have you seen Stephen Weiss at 4.9? 11 points in 15 1/2 games at +5 is earning 4.2 per against top defensive pairings.

mikebel111*

We're talking Kadri, Bolland, and Bozak. One is a young top 6 C who also happens to be a legit core piece on this team. Neither Bozak or Bolland are top 6 players. Keeping Bolland or Bozak over Kadri would be ridiculous. Of course given Bozak's ridiculous contract, we're most likely stuck with him for the long haul.

but but bozak should be kept on this team at all costs:sarcasm:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

It's hard to reason with someone that has so much disdain for a player. 4.2 is 6th currently on the Leafs roster at UFA age. Ridiculous contract? :shakehead

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
but but bozak should be kept on this team at all costs:sarcasm:

Do you know what Boston did with Tyler Seguin due to the cap? Let me help you open your eyes to the world of the real world of the salary cap. Boston kept Krejci, Bergeron, and Kelly because why? Surely Seguin is more talented then any of them.

Babscocks

Jan 7, 2011
Edmonton
One big game and Hollands a legitimate top 6 centre. Boyd Deveraux must of been a first line sniper after his hatty in the final game a few years ago.

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Unduly harsh, dont you think?

Hes not drastically overpaid by any scale of measure.

If you believe $4.2M is top 6 money, he is overpaid. He is a 3rd/4th line player who doesn't really bring anything to the table for the exception of faceoffs, and he isn't even remotely great at that either. His contract is not good at all.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
One big game and Hollands a legitimate top 6 centre. Boyd Deveraux must of been a first line sniper after his hatty in the final game a few years ago.

I like this post, true, very true. We can be wishing we don't lose a 2nd rounder for him after the PITT game again.

That's the way it is around here. I hope the chemistry he has with Lupul is real, this will give even more incentive for Kadri to play well. If Bozak and Bolland were playing them too. Competition for jobs is a wonderful thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad