Perron suspended 6 games for crosscheck to the face on Zub - Mod warning Post #590

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
So the nhl has an illegal play leading to an injury.. followed by a more illegal play resulting in another injury.. and they likely won’t suspend for either instance.

This league is so f***ing dumb- watch, they really won’t suspend anyone. They’ll continue allowing this shit, Bettman will continue licking all the pretty lead paint chips, and that’s just life.

Reactions: Realgud

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Joseph shoves Larkin which causes him to fall face-first on the end of Kelly's stick, knocking him (Larkin) out. Battling for position in front of the net is a regular hockey play that isn't even close to out of the ordinary. This particular example simply had a bad outcome, which is bound to happen in a physical sport like hockey.

After this, Perron loses his composure and blatantly tries to injure the nearest opposing player (Zub) by cross checking him in the face. This is absolutely suspension worthy, and I would bet he gets at least 2 games for it as a result. Wouldn't se surprised if it was more though - there's no place in the NHL for this kind of behaviour.

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
So the nhl has an illegal play leading to an injury.. followed by a more illegal play resulting in another injury.. and they likely won’t suspend for either instance.
Please point out the initial 'illegal play' you're talking about. Resulting injury ≠ 'illegal play'. It was a battle infront of the net that resulted in a freak accidental circumstance. No sticks, no punches, no crosschecks - head was going one way jaw went the other way. Blacked out simple as that. Watch a street fight one day, you'll understand.

That Perron play was complete chicken shit tho.

Reactions: KevinRedkey

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
In what world is hitting a player in yhe head a hockey play?

Last I checked you're supposed to play the puck, which is sliding on the ice, not 6 feet above it.

The initial hit deserved a major penalty because it's a direct hit to the head as a result of a non hockey play.

That is followed by a good, solid punch to the chin.

And then, Perron does something incredibly stupid and hits an different player in the face with a crosscheck.

The topper is that the guy who delivers the punch then grabs yet another Red Wing player by the head in a blatant clothesline.

I'd give a game suspension to Joseph.
A fine to 27 for the punch.
15 - 20 games to Perron for the intent to injure.
Another fine to 27 for the clothesline.

And dock the officials leaguewide for their continued and deliberate ineptitude with regards to enforcing the f***ing rules of the game!

h2

Mar 26, 2002
In what world is hitting a player in yhe head a hockey play?

Last I checked you're supposed to play the puck, which is sliding on the ice, not 6 feet above it.

The initial hit deserved a major penalty because it's a direct hit to the head as a result of a non hockey play.

That is followed by a good, solid punch to the chin.

And then, Perron does something incredibly stupid and hits an different player in the face with a crosscheck.

The topper is that the guy who delivers the punch then grabs yet another Red Wing player by the head in a blatant clothesline.

I'd give a game suspension to Joseph.
A fine to 27 for the punch.
15 - 20 games to Perron for the intent to injure.
Another fine to 27 for the clothesline.

And dock the officials leaguewide for their continued and deliberate ineptitude with regards to enforcing the f***ing rules of the game!

As a Sens fan, I actually would be okay with this lol..

Come down hard on the headshots. Start a trend.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Hopefully Perron actually watched the replay and realizes that he stupidely went after the wrong guy. Honestly, i hope that he gets an in person hearing and they constantly show the replay to him to get the point across that he crosschecked someone right in the face who was not even involved in the play.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
As a Sens fan, I actually would be okay with this lol..

Come down hard on the headshots. Start a trend.
George Parros was a cheap shot artist and a goon. He intentionally fined Walman less than the max fine when the league never does that to send a message to the Wings that he knows what he is doing when he allows Wings to be boarded and cheapshot and only Wings get fined and suspended. It's been happening since he took over DoPS.

Perron will eat five games and Larkin will get fined for interference for putting his face in front of Joseph's stick and Kelly's hands. Larkin is going to get decapitated during a game and Parros will release a video calling it a "strong hockey play" and chiding Larkin for trying to interfere with the opposing player by repeatedly putting his neck under their skates.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Joseph shoves Larkin which causes him to fall face-first on the end of Kelly's stick, knocking him (Larkin) out. Battling for position in front of the net is a regular hockey play that isn't even close to out of the ordinary. This particular example simply had a bad outcome, which is bound to happen in a physical sport like hockey.

After this, Perron loses his composure and blatantly tries to injure the nearest opposing player (Zub) by cross checking him in the face. This is absolutely suspension worthy, and I would bet he gets at least 2 games for it as a result. Wouldn't se surprised if it was more though - there's no place in the NHL for this kind of behaviour.
Please point out the initial 'illegal play' you're talking about. Resulting injury ≠ 'illegal play'. It was a battle infront of the net that resulted in a freak accidental circumstance. No sticks, no punches, no crosschecks - head was going one way jaw went the other way. Blacked out simple as that. Watch a street fight one day, you'll understand.

That Perron play was complete chicken shit tho.
Hands can't be that close to heads and you both know this. Larkin is not hunching over in a way that made himself vulnerable, he was just shoved above the shoulders.

Fun fact: that does one thing to your body... it puts your usually upright head into traffic. Speaking of traffic, where are they? Oh, the slot in an NHL game with a loose puck around.

Dangerous as all hell and deserves another look. I don't think many people are going with "malice" but you can't just watch a guy get his hands that high on another guy and go "yep that seems fine"

Perron's a stone cold dipshit here, but as isolated incidents y'all need to realize that this isn't an "unfortunate result", it's a bad and dangerous play with a dangerous result tacked on at the end.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
What a dumb play by Perron. He deserves to sit awhile for that. I’d think 5 or more but the league probably only does 3.

Joseph will likely sit awhile too. If there is anything the DOPS has been consistent about it’s that results matter more than severity or intent. Since it’s clear that Joseph double fisted the head that’s all the excuse the league needs to suspend. Probably gets 2 games just because of the injury, otherwise it’d be nothing.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Hands can't be that close to heads and you both know this. Larkin is not hunching over in a way that made himself vulnerable, he was just shoved above the shoulders.

Fun fact: that does one thing to your body... it puts your usually upright head into traffic. Speaking of traffic, where are they? Oh, the slot in an NHL game with a loose puck around.

Dangerous as all hell and deserves another look. I don't think many people are going with "malice" but you can't just watch a guy get his hands that high on another guy and go "yep that seems fine"

Perron's a stone cold dipshit here, but as isolated incidents y'all need to realize that this isn't an "unfortunate result", it's a bad and dangerous play with a dangerous result tacked on at the end.

Speaking to the bolded - it happens literally hundreds if not thousands of times per season. It's never been a problem, and the only reason it's being mentioned now - is because a player got injured on the play. If Larkin hadn't gotten injured, this wouldn't even be a thread... literally. Imagine Larkin is fine (say he falls to his knees and gets back up) - it would never be discussed at all.

You could argue this sheds light on how it is a problem - and should be addressed moving forward as a result of all this coming to light. But it's certainly not a play that was ever considered out of the ordinary before it occured. It's a little like how slashing is not allowed but also happens every game. It's usually only considered a problem when it's particularly violent, like a 2-hander for example.

Reactions: Bileur

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Whatever he gets, it should be significantly less than Joseph gets for the crosscheck to the back of Larkin’s neck.

I’d give Perron 2 games, and Joseph 10+.

Just so I can prepare, what type of response will you have when this doesn't happen?

• Haha
Reactions: Umingmak

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Whatever he gets, it should be significantly less than Joseph gets for the crosscheck to the back of Larkin’s neck.

I’d give Perron 2 games, and Joseph 10+.
Just lol if you think Joseph sits at all. The league reviewed the play and knocked his match penalty down to a two minute in-game.

Parros must want to see Larkin end up in a wheelchair or something.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Speaking to the bolded - it happens literally hundreds if not thousands of times per season. It's never been a problem, and the only reason it's being mentioned now - is because a player got injured on the play. If Larkin hadn't gotten injured, this wouldn't even be a thread... literally. Imagine Larkin is fine (say he falls to his knees and gets back up) - it would never be discussed at all.

You could argue this sheds light on how it is a problem - and should be addressed moving forward as a result of all this coming to light. But it's certainly not a play that was ever considered out of the ordinary before it occured. It's a little like how slashing is not allowed but also happens every game. It's usually only considered a problem when it's particularly violent, like a 2-hander for example.
Bullshit. If someone's getting roughed up that bad in a game it ends up making a commercial return highlight reel centered around the "battle in front of the nets", it's not an every game thing remotely.

I see somebody take two hands up around the head of another guy, that's a problem hands down. And yeah, HFBoards doesn't let you make a thread on every little penalty because we'd all be wading through them, it doesn't change anything about how disproportionately wrong it is compared to a trip or hook.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Bullshit. If someone's getting roughed up that bad in a game it ends up making a commercial return highlight reel centered around the "battle in front of the nets", it's not an every game thing remotely.

I see somebody take two hands up around the head of another guy, that's a problem hands down. And yeah, HFBoards doesn't let you make a thread on every little penalty because we'd all be wading through them, it doesn't change anything about how disproportionately wrong it is compared to a trip or hook.

Marian Hossa once blinded Bryan Berard due to a shot follow-though. People talked about it because Berard was injured on the play. The shot itself was a regular shot otherwise. This is no different. There was no 'getting roughed up that bad'. The only reason this would ever "end up making a commercial return highlight reel centered around the battle in front of the nets" would be because of the injury, and nothing else. It was a nothing shove that ended poorly, and led to stupidity by Perron. Thus, the thread.

Reactions: Bileur

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Marian Hossa once blinded Bryan Berard due to a shot follow-though. People talked about it because Berard was injured on the play. The shot itself was a regular shot otherwise. This is no different. There was no 'getting roughed up that bad'. The only reason this would ever "end up making a commercial return highlight reel centered around the battle in front of the nets" would be because of the injury, and nothing else. It was a nothing shove that ended poorly, and led to stupidity by Perron. Thus, the thread.
Shooting is allowed.

Getting your hands that high on another player is not. "High hands" is literally a phrase we use to describe something that's unacceptable but flirts with various broken rules based on context.

and just for the jab: we've all seen local broadcasts that display one or more "heroes" grinding it out in the hard areas of the net, usually in low scoring games. It's a broadcast staple so miss me with all that criticism about how it's only noteworthy because of injury, if a guy is getting punched in the head regularly and paying dues it usually makes it in a reel somewhere.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Shooting is allowed.

Getting your hands that high on another player is not. "High hands" is literally a phrase we use to describe something that's unacceptable but flirts with various broken rules based on context.

So it's not allowed along with dozens of other things that happen without ever being called or discussed. What's your point exactly? The NHL isn't about to start calling "high hands" unless they want 50 power plays a game.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
So it's not allowed along with dozens of other things that happen without ever being called or discussed. What's your point exactly? The NHL isn't about to start calling "high hands" unless they want 50 power plays a game.
We're really going to have to break this down? You're that entrenched in your team persona?

He full-extension hit a guy in the back of the head. So much so that his hand is in contact all the way as it rides into another player's innocent but still important stick/fist, and knocked him out on the ice.

This isn't every play. Tough shit if there are a million "boardings" a year but only the violent ones end up with actual discipline, this is the NHL and we all know they're incompetent by now. But if we're breaking down what really, actually happened, Joseph's hands are wildly high and somebody else paid the price for his recklessness.

You would hope that a sensible league follows that up.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
We're really going to have to break this down? You're that entrenched in your team persona?

He full-extension hit a guy in the back of the head. So much so that his hand is in contact all the way as it rides into another player's innocent but still important stick/fist, and knocked him out on the ice.

This isn't every play. Tough shit if there are a million "boardings" a year but only the violent ones end up with actual discipline, this is the NHL and we all know they're incompetent by now. But if we're breaking down what really, actually happened, Joseph's hands are wildly high and somebody else paid the price for his recklessness.

You would hope that a sensible league follows that up.

At this point I can't spell it out any more for you. Your "tough shit" part is quite literally what I'm talking about, and you seem oblivious to that.

Perhaps you want to discuss every single minor infraction in the NHL, but I'm not interested in that. This was an unfortunate ending to a nothing play. The end/

Reactions: Silky Johnson

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Perron's crosscheck is a disgrace to the uniform. I hope he sits for a good while.

Joseph's crosscheck is really bad as well, but not near the level of Perron's.

Reactions: SNES
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad