Perron suspended 6 games for crosscheck to the face on Zub - Mod warning Post #590

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
From another angle it looked like a cross-check to the side of the head (hit helmet). Obviously Perron should get some games regardless. It wasn't in the face though.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
Classy organization? You should look at the video again. Zub is trying to protect Larkin, Joseph is calling for a trainer, Korpisalo is trying to get everyone to get away from Larkin, Perron is the only person on the ice further endangering Larkin as he lays there motionless.

Giroux also tries to prevent the scrum from reaching Larkin on the ice. Haven't seen his role mentioned here yet.

Reactions: TheDawnOfANewTage

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Perron needs a lengthy suspension and a major fine. I would have much more sympathy for Perron here if he had gone after Joseph and not Zub, who did absolutely nothing there.

Joseph should be suspended too, btw. He has made it a habit in his career of making borderline plays on other players using his stick. This time, it looks like he seriously injured someone. Time to send a message: get control of your f***ing stick. If you're going to 'accidentally' cross-check a guy so hard in the head that he falls unconscious on the ice, you probably shouldn't be on the ice.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Super easy to say that after your third rewatch of the replay.

Ape like behavior to assault someone just because Perrons feelings made him think someone may have done something. If he can't hold himself back to think who did it, then he shouldn't be allowed to play another game in any hockey league

• Wow
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Need two hands on a stick for a cross check. More of a shove

I’ve seen few X accounts getting ratioed into oblivion like that one (that previously contained plenty of fans hoping to see a Sens player injure DeBrincat).

Probably wasn’t the flex you or that sad account author thought it was.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Probably not as many as he deserves. That was shockingly blatant intent to injure
This.

He turns around, sees his teammate on the ice and makes an assumption on what's happened, and immediately swings his stick for the face of the closest opposing player.

I'd throw the book at him. 15 games. Make it clear that you cannot "attack first and ask questions later."

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Perron has always been a piece of shit. Never forget how he tried to elbow Kadri in the playoffs when the play was clearly over:

At 1:05

Reactions: Carl Hungus

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
This is why the NHL is a joke. They can't keep players safe, refuse to call it by the book and then things escalate.

Not saying it shouldn't be a suspension, but if the rules are actually enforced properly, neither of those incidents happen.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
This is why the NHL is a joke. They can't keep players safe, refuse to call it by the book and then things escalate.

Not saying it shouldn't be a suspension, but if the rules are actually enforced properly, neither of those incidents happen.

Yes. If the officials had preemptively called Joseph for a roughing minor, this probably would not have happened.

Reactions: um

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Non-fighter doing vengeful non-fighter things.

Perron should have to drop the gloves next game with the Sens.

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
I’ve seen few X accounts getting ratioed into oblivion like that one (that previously contained plenty of fans hoping to see a Sens player injure DeBrincat).

Ratioed? I asked for 'proof' earlier in the thread and never got it from the Wings side. Here it is. Proof is in the pudding.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

1) You don’t seem to know what ratio means. Usually refers to a post having more responses than likes and retweets. Doesn’t apply.

2) How is it a flex to say a shove isn’t a cross check?

3) That account also posted the video from which that still was taken:

Watch the video. Did Joseph cross check Larkin?

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
In the 80’s or 90’s crap like that would incite a bench clearing brawl, and Perron would’ve been absolutely pummeled.
Next game they play he should be scared. I don’t miss staged fights, but this kind of sh*t makes me long for the day an entire team would take your number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad