Perron suspended 6 games for crosscheck to the face on Zub - Mod warning Post #590

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
At this point I can't spell it out any more for you. Your "tough shit" part is quite literally what I'm talking about, and you seem oblivious to that.

Perhaps you want to discuss every single minor infraction in the NHL, but I'm not interested in that. This was an unfortunate ending to a nothing play. The end/
This is... you proving my point for me. There are plenty of "illegal" net front occurrences, there are very few where both hands come up to head level, and those are the ones that deserve examining for starters.

I took what you said about "happens every game" and applied it to other situations that happen every game but sometimes go wrong and lead to supplemental discipline, like hits in the corners. Isn't that fun?

Imagine thinking you're spelling it out for someone while not getting it...

Reactions: HipsCzech

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Should easily be 3-5 games, if he had a history it would be even longer.

I understand why Perron was heated, but that’s downright unacceptable behavior. Larkin got hurt by a freak accident and Perron went after someone who wasn’t even involved in it.

Punching with both hand to the head is now a "freak accident"?

Reactions: Oddbob

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
The freak accident was his face meeting kellys stick on the way down.
...on the way down from the preventable action, which was getting a one- or two-hander in the head

That's not a freak accident when you just got punched with two hands to the head. That's intent to injure and Joseph succeeded.
Dial it back, it's still not intent to injure, it's just reckless and stupid

Reactions: HipsCzech and SNES

Kegu

Aug 12, 2008
That's not a freak accident when you just got punched with two hands to the head. That's intent to injure and Joseph succeeded.
Is the implication here that Joseph and Kelly colluded to have Joseph shove Larkins head into Kellys stick? It was a roughing penalty with an unfortunate result.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
He's not saying that Joseph's hit to the head was a freak accident. He's talking about how Larkin head met Kelly's stick on the way down after the hit.

Reactions: Bileur

Kegu

Aug 12, 2008
Nice strawman
Not a strawman, was a legitimate question. You said thats intent to injure and that joseph succeeded. If kellys stick doesnt hit him the past might not even get a call, and nobody would have said shit because it really was a nothing burger.
So i ask again how was Joseph intending to injure?

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Unfortunate they got the wrong guy. But, Joseph should have gotten a crosscheck to the chin just like the one he gave Larkin.

Gutless play by Joseph. He needs to answer for it. His teammate did instead. All on him.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Wow, didn't even see that when I saw the Larkin thread earlier. Yes, this is worse than crosscheck on Larkin. Should be 10.

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
I'd be okay with him getting Mcsorely'd off into the sunset for that one.

Cross-checking a guy in the face who's calling for a trainer is an impressive new low for a guy who has made a career out of this kind of thing.

Also watch his wild stick lift attempt near the goalie's head at the start of the clip. That might be part of what gets tempers boiling.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Not the one in OP. Stick and Glove could have hit Larkins head there. Over head angle could determine if it was just Glove or if it stick. The video in OP can’t show that.

Edit: NVm you were right the reverse angle shows clearly it was two gloves to Larkins face which punches him down and into a 3rd glove by #27 that delivers the knock out punch.

Video in OP shows none of that though.
I will have to see it again, but it seems as 2 players hit Larkin.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Not the one in OP. Stick and Glove could have hit Larkins head there. Over head angle could determine if it was just Glove or if it stick. The video in OP can’t show that.

Edit: NVm you were right the reverse angle shows clearly it was two gloves to Larkins face which punches him down and into a 3rd glove by #27 that delivers the knock out punch.

Video in OP shows none of that though.
Larkin's face is not in the back of his head.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
After seeing the league giving 41 games to Pinto, I expect the same punishment to Kelly, Joseph and Zub.

Larkin's face is not in the back of his head.
You're right, Happy now?

Face or back of the head could have caused the same unfortunate result.

Reactions: Bileur

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
After seeing the league giving 41 games to Pinto, I expect the same punishment to Kelly, Joseph and Zub.

You're right, Happy now?

Face or back of the head could have caused the same unfortunate result.
Was just correcting that you said "...shows clearly it was two gloves to Larkins face...". No ill intentions on my part.

Would probably have cause the same result. Agree there.

Reactions: PGW

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
This is going to be a real test for Detroit, are they going to be able to hold it together without Larkin, and presumably Perron? We shall see.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Super easy to say that after your third rewatch of the replay.
Using that argument you could do anything at all whenever you want and defend it by saying “Things happen fast out there. Super easy for you to judge me, but I didn't get the benefit of watching 3 slo mo replays”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad