Perron suspended 6 games for crosscheck to the face on Zub - Mod warning Post #590

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Watch the front angle. I don’t believe he hits him with his stick. It’s a one handed shove trying to clear the crease.
I think he got the butt end of both sticks when I look at it. Kelly has no idea the target is changing. Joseph for me is pushing down into the neck. Like I said this player has a history with Larkin so I view his involvement differently.

Listen if one of our bottom six players has been involved in two bad incidents with Brady Tkachuk I am going to expect that the player doesn’t get a break from Sens fans. I appreciate that Joseph did try to play peacemaker and protect him after injury. I also am tired of seeing him involved in dangerous plays on our captain accident or otherwise.

I didn’t call on a suspension, I think only Perron meets the criteria. What I called on was the Wings need to make sure Joseph doesn’t want to breath on Larkin anymore and that goes well beyond the fight in the third.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
How are people saying Joseph cross checked anyone when he clearly has only one hand on his stick.

You are correct. It was not a cross check.

larkin.png

Image show up better here:

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
You are correct. It was not a cross check.View attachment 780942

Exactly. His stick is being held in one hand and the stick is around his other elbow.

So clearly not a cross check.

He shoved him up high causing larkin to lean forward into Kelly and get knocked out.

More of a freak play than some cross check to the head that people kept claiming.

Though to be fair, most people are now realizing it wasn't a cross check as the slow mo replays are making their way out there.

What is clear, is the cross check to the face to Zub who wasn't involved and was calling for the refs to blow the play and to signal for trainers to come help Larkin.

Reactions: Bileur and MoreGore

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
Exactly. His stick is being held in one hand and the stick is around his other elbow.

So clearly not a cross check.

He shoved him up high causing larkin to lean forward into Kelly and get knocked out.

More of a freak play than some cross check to the head that people kept claiming.

Though to be fair, most people are now realizing it wasn't a cross check as the slow mo replays are making their way out there.

What is clear, is the cross check to the face to Zub who wasn't involved and was calling for the refs to blow the play and to signal for trainers to come help Larkin.

Yu are missing the point. He punched him in the face, and the back of the head.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Do people normally punch someone on opposite sides of the head with both hands at once? Have you ever seen anyone punch someone like that? He is shoving him and got high. It's a bad play and he deserved the penalty but he didn't punch him.

Reactions: Bileur

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
You realize he got hurt from hitting Kelly after being shoved from behind?

It's a freak accident. Both guys kinda sandwiched him while they covered him infront of the net.

Perron deliberately skated to someone to cross check them in the chin.

The 2 are not the same.
Did Dylan Larkin say as much? If all you are basing this on is the same footage we all have seen, then it does not change my opinion. I saw a crosscheck to the chin of Larkin by Joseph that rendered him unconcious.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Did Dylan Larkin say as much? If all you are basing this on is the same footage we all have seen, then it does not change my opinion. I saw a crosscheck to the chin of Larkin by Joseph that rendered him unconcious.
You saw wrong then, one hand on the stick.

Reactions: Owenay

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
As a sens fan, I wouldn't mind if Joseph got a game because he was careless and to set an example that you need to watch what you're doing even in routine plays. Keep your hands low.

Perron should get 20 games though.

Reactions: Relapsing

h2

Mar 26, 2002
As a sens fan, I wouldn't mind if Joseph got a game because he was careless and to set an example that you need to watch what you're doing even in routine plays. Keep your hands low.

That's where I'm at too.

I literally don't care what happens to Joseph, even if it's just a game or two to appease Red Wings fans. Perron should have the book thrown at him though.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

Doesn't impact me but I agree. Perron in particular should really be punished, that is the definition of retaliatory (even though he got the wrong guy) and intent to injure.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

That wasn't a punch lmao.

That was a shove.

No one with athletic ability throws a "punch" like that. Zero back swing. Zero force.

You should go on YouTube and watch boxing and see what an actual punch looks like.

MoreGore

Jul 13, 2022

This is quite common in scrums. If Larkin didn't have prior injuries, nothing would have been out of the ordinary for a goal mouth scrum.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

Do you know what a crosscheck is? You need both hands on your stick for starters...

Reactions: Bileur

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
Perron should get a hefty suspension. At least 5 but would prefer 10+. Pure intent to injure and just because he thought Zub was at fault.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
People who think Joseph hit Larkin with the stick at all after clear video evidence that he didn't need to give their head a shake. Embarrassing.

Exactly. Shows how we shouldn't take their opinion on the play seriously if they still can't see that there was clearly one hand on the stick.

If they can't see that, how can we trust their eyes on the play at all?

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
LOL at people and their whataboutisms.

The thread is about Perron intending to injure Zub. Not debating Larkins injury that preceded it.

Perron is a bitch thay has a history of cheap shots and deserves to be out for at least 5 games if not more. There is no preceding play that justifies his actions.

Reactions: h2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad