Perron suspended 6 games for crosscheck to the face on Zub - Mod warning Post #590

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Taking the middle ground, I think it's understandable that he reacted poorly in the heat of the moment with Larkin out, and hockey players do tend to pair off in physical altercations so it is unfortunate that he did what he did to Zub, but agreed that the punishment should take place due to the severity of what he did. Think he and Joseph both need to get thrown the book (though I wonder how the league would factor in Joseph and Larkin's past, and also Larkin's past neck injury as a cause for any several current injury).

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Your captain is motionless on the ice after a punch to the head, what you should f***ing do? Stay calm like nothing happened? I don't want such calm players on my team.
YES! Because your captain is motionless on the ice. Your top priority has to be getting him the help he needs. Not starting a scrum over his motionless body, potentially risking further harm to Larkin.

What Perron did was one of the most moronic things I've seen a player do in a very long time. He is going to sit out a very long time.

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
Most neutral fans see it as a freak accident. How many times in the history of hockey has that type of net front clearing happened, and how many times has it resulted in a player lying motionless on the ice? You are probably too emotionally invested in the situation to view it unbiasedly. Joseph deserves a minor penalty, nothing more
Not do many times. The last time I remember it happened to the Red Wings player was 16 years ago.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Taking the middle ground, I think it's understandable that he reacted poorly in the heat of the moment with Larkin out, and hockey players do tend to pair off in physical altercations so it is unfortunate that he did what he did to Zub, but agreed that the punishment should take place due to the severity of what he did. Think he and Joseph both need to get thrown the book (though I wonder how the league would factor in Joseph and Larkin's past, and also Larkin's past neck injury as a cause for any several current injury).
How do you throw a book at a guy for committing a 2 minute roughing penalty?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Ottawa fans?

You see all the wings fans comparing a net front battle to a cross check to the face?

I think you have it backwards.

i'm not skipping over anything.

One of these is a 2 minute penalty, as it was called.

and the other is a match + suspension.
2 minute penalty for targeting a guys head who is looking the other way? Okay I know where you are coming from now, both guys need to be suspended not this just penalize the second guy reaction.

Auston Marlander

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I think 2 games is appropriate. I get his frustration, but you can't stoop down to the other team's classless level.

The only lack of class in the sequence was by Perron. I'm a Leafs fan, so defending the Sens is not something I do, but Larkin was 2 meaningless plays that together turned out really bad...it was very very bad luck.

Perron was malicious and what makes it worse was it was to a person who wasn't involved in the Larkin incident. What makes it even worse is the player he attacked was calling for help for Petronas teammate.

Throw the book at him.

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
YES! Because your captain is motionless on the ice. Your top priority has to be getting him the help he needs. Not starting a scrum over his motionless body, potentially risking further harm to Larkin.

What Perron did was one of the most moronic things I've seen a player do in a very long time. He is going to sit out a very long time.
Not really. It won't be more than 5 games.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Saying you're taking the middle ground, then giving Perron justification for his actions, is like me saying "no offense meant, but you're an idiot for saying that"

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Ottawa fans are patethic here. 20 games, season, what next maybe lifetime ban?

Your captain is motionless on the ice after a punch to the head, what you should f***ing do? Stay calm like nothing happened? I don't want such calm players on my team.
There were more Sens players trying to help Larkin than red wing players.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Not sure why people are going after Joseph still. He shoved Larkin, and made some head contact, but it was Kelly who hit Larkin in the Jaw/face that caused the injury.

Perron play was more obvious emotional response. Will sit a few games no doubt.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Seems like some people don't understand hockey and the ehat of the moment.

I'm not excusing Perron he should be suspended but Joseph took a cheap shot at Larkin and you seem to be skipping over that.

Perron over reacted but one can at least make the argument as to why he did so and I agree that it was a kneejerk faulty conclusion on his part and that he should be suspended what about Joseph?
What are your thoughts on the refs reviewing the initial 5 minute call, downgrading the call to a 2 minute minor and the Detroit coach in his post game presser praising the refs for making the right call?

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Not sure why people are going after Joseph still. He shoved Larkin, and made some head contact, but it was Kelly who hit Larkin in the Jaw/face that caused the injury.

Perron play was more obvious emotional response. Will sit a few games no doubt.
Kelly got him on the button and he dropped. Purely incidental.

But Zub? It's his fault for getting in the way of Perron stick.

Gotta love some fans holding water for the actions of an adult. Perron knew what he was doing.

Reactions: Bileur

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Ottawa fans are patethic here. 20 games, season, what next maybe lifetime ban?

Lol do whatever you want. Just be prepared for the consequences and for the coward shit perron did it should be 20 games.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Ummmm, what?!?

How on earth do you make a “hockey argument” for Perron?
Obviously you made up your mind before you actually read what I posted here is the "hockey argument" with the cavet that Perron should be suspended.

Perron as he saw his player motionless and the Ottawa guy standing over him and made the false conclusion that Zub was responsible.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Obviously you made up your mind before you actually read what I posted here is the "hockey argument" with the cavet that Perron should be suspended.
It still doesn't make for a good hockey argument.

Atleast Joseph was battling Larkin infront of the net.

Zub was calling for trainers and got cross checked in the face by a David Perron who seems to be lacking some braincells.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
I read your whole post. There is no hockey argument to be made for what Perron did. To suggest so is just plain silly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad