Perron suspended 6 games for crosscheck to the face on Zub - Mod warning Post #590

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
I never said that it was a "good" argument but a hockey one we often see a guy react to one of his own players on the ice in real time just give it a break you are really showing your lack of hockey knowledge here.

Larkin was going after the puck and as post #263 points out with a real clear picture you are once again wrong.

Yes Perron reacted badly and was punished for it deserves a suspension as does Joseph.

If you are after an Ottawa player, it's Kelly. He is the one who knocked out Larkin. Drove through his jaw when Larkin was falling rather than letting up.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
The fighting penalty was 2 periods after this incident.

You also seem to not know what crosschecking is.

Considering theres 1 crosscheck delivered during this play, and it was by Perron.

Joseph shoves him with his glove in the upper back/neck area, he doesn't crosscheck him.

Maybe you should watch the video yourself before deciding if you should take anyone else seriously.

If you're confused on what a crosscheck is, just watch 5 seconds after Larkin goes down, and you'll get a clear example by how Perron uses his stick.
I know what a crosscheck is and there were 2 on the play once again here it is.

”battling”

How? Against a player with his back towards the net, without ever looking towards the puck, without attempting to play the body/stick. Where’s the battle?

You can also go back to the closed thread and see the video from a different angle.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
With what we now know about the seriousness of brain injuries leading to CTE, assaults like this to the head should come with a minimum 20 game suspension for the first offense

And before some of you protest "20 games!?!?", concussions can have a serious impact on a person's quality of life after their career to the point where their head is so scrambled, they end up taking their own life

And given the viciousness of the attack, I'd also like to see criminal charges filed against Perron

Common law doesn't end when a hockey game begins

Last edited:
Reactions: swiftwin

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
But just to be clear I'm not condoning what Perron did, he was wrong but one can understand why he did it in a hockey context if they understand team sports.
lol, “can understand why.”

Zub is trying to help Larkin dude, and recently returned from a broken jaw and concussion.
Perron then loses his mind.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

You can also go back to the closed thread and see the video from a different angle.
That video is clearly a shove/punch in the back of the head, and not a crosscheck.

If you'll look closely, one of his hands isn't on his stick.

If Perron is suspended one game more than Joseph, this league is deeply unserious.
hes gonna be suspended 5 more than him, and the NHL will get it right.

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
The irony spouting off lack of class with that avatar eh?

Perron should be suspended but people justifying Joseph really need to give their collective heads a shake.

Yes the one handed cross check. Similar to the one handed slap shot. Rarely used but exactly the same as a two handed slapshot in power.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Not sure why people are going after Joseph still. He shoved Larkin, and made some head contact, but it was Kelly who hit Larkin in the Jaw/face that caused the injury.

Perron play was more obvious emotional response. Will sit a few games no doubt.
People are going after Joseph because when you hit someone in the head you are responsible for the result.

Reactions: wetcoast and Sayba

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

lol, just proved yourself wrong, showing o e hand on the stick, and his stick stuck under his other armpit. It’s literally impossible to have 2 hands on the stick there.
Take the “L” and move along back to the leafs board. Your embarrassing yourself.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
If you are after an Ottawa player, it's Kelly. He is the one who knocked out Larkin. Drove through his jaw when Larkin was falling rather than letting up.
I'm not after anyone just stating what I observed as a neutral fan here and I have and would be consistent if any of my Canucks were involved and have gotten negative feedback on a Canuck suspension on a targeted hit to the head of a San Jose player in the past.

It wasn't the classic crosscheck to the back/side of the head by Joseph on Larkin but it was still there.

But it looks like the league is going to back off and we will see hits like this all day long and guys somehow getting injured once in a while right?

Joseph made a choice he could have moved his body to counter Larkin instead he used his glove and stick and targeted the head it's as clear a day buddy.

Kelly is making a play assuming that Larkin would be upright but didn't have time to readjust after the predatory Joseph hit.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

Auston Marlander

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
The irony spouting off lack of class with that avatar eh?

Perron should be suspended but people justifying Joseph really need to give their collective heads a shake.

Deflection...good tactic.

Joseph pushed Larkin with 1 hand on his stick. Kellys contact seems to have caused the injury.

I have no horse in the race, and am a vocal hater if the Sens.

Reactions: stampedingviking

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
lol, just proved yourself wrong, showing o e hand on the stick, and his stick stuck under his other armpit. It’s literally impossible to have 2 hands on the stick there.
Take the “L” and move along back to the leafs board. Your embarrassing yourself.
It's not a classic 2 handed crosscheck but if your stick is under your arm it still creates the crosscheck leverage dude it was a predatory hit go back and watch the video Joseph simply could have bodied Larkin instead he deiced to sue his hands and surprise the stick was under his control.

There is a better angle here at the 0:40 mark

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
It's not a classic 2 handed crosscheck but if your stick is under your arm it still creates the crosscheck leverage dude it was a predatory hit go back and watch the video Joseph simply could have bodied Larkin instead he deiced to sue his hands and surprise the stick was under his control.
Even the Detroit coach disagrees with you in his post game, said refs got the calls right in the end.

Reactions: Bileur

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Didn't like it as a Wing fan. Hard to say what Perron was thinking as Larkin looked dead on the ice but he clearly thought Zub did something. Horrible.

I think 5 games, or more is warranted. Wouldn't be surprised to see 10. Can't use your stick as a weapon even if you think someone KO'd your team-mate. Just can't do it. It's my team and one of our guys but hey... just can't do ish like that. Anyone that's ever played even just highschool- peewee looked at that and cringed hard.

As much as Joesph should answer the bell the next time they play. Someone from Ottawa should be ready to make Perron do the same for that ish.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
I'm not after anyone just stating what I observed as a neutral fan here and I have and would be consistent if any of my Canucks were involved and have gotten negative feedback on a Canuck suspension on a targeted hit to the head of a San Jose player in the past.

It wasn't the classic crosscheck to the back/side of the head by Joseph on Larkin but it was still there.

But it looks like the league is going to back off and we will see hits like this all day long and guys somehow getting injured once in a while right?

Joseph made a choice he could have moved his body to counter Larkin instead he used his glove and stick and targeted the head it's as clear a day buddy.

Kelly is making a play assuming that Larkin would be upright but didn't have time to readjust after the predatory Joseph hit.

Neutral, that's a good one.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004

There is a better angle here at the 0:40 mark

I bet if you placed a camera watching the front of the net a play like that happens many, many times each night. The difference was it looked like either Joseph misjudged where Larkin's shoulder was, or Larkin dipped down and his neck/head were lower. I don't know which it was, but you can tell the hit was not intentional. What's more interesting is most people are ignoring the fact that it was likely Kelly's hit to his chin that KO'd him. It was an unfortunate series of events that happened in under a second. As a Sens fan my heart dropped for Larkin. You never want to see that. At the same time, the acts of Joseph and Kelly were not at all comparable to Perron. No intent vs clear intent.

I would think/hope he'll get 10 games, especially with his reputation.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Just because there's lots of comparison here between the two incidents, here's an angle that shows Joseph's contact wasn't a cross-check, but was two free hands hitting Larkin up high. Doesn't look like he had any intent, and the contact looks to be pretty soft. Perron's cross-check, otoh, was a completely intentional head shot.

Reactions: wetcoast
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad