Perron suspended 6 games for crosscheck to the face on Zub - Mod warning Post #590

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
for a league being sued for not doing enough to protect players from concussions a 5-7 game suspension should be easy, buuuuuuuuuut for some reason I feel he will get 2-3

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I bet if you placed a camera watching the front of the net a play like that happens many, many times each night. The difference was it looked like either Joseph misjudged where Larkin's shoulder was, or Larkin dipped down and his neck/head were lower. I don't know which it was, but you can tell the hit was not intentional.
Not intentional?

I have no doubt that msot players don't want to see other players injured ever yet they still go around doing predatory things like hitting them in the back of the ehad and then surprise things happen.

Just the lamest argeument in the world IMO.

A guy like Lidstrom could neutralize a player like Larkin so easily on the play with little effort but we all saw what Jospeh did and sure it wasn't intentional...WTF are you talking about?

What's more interesting is most people are ignoring the fact that it was likely Kelly's hit to his chin that KO'd him. It was an unfortunate series of events that happened in under a second. As a Sens fan my heart dropped for Larkin. You never want to see that. At the same time, the acts of Joseph and Kelly were not at all comparable to Perron. No intent vs clear intent.

I would think/hope he'll get 10 games, especially with his reputation.

So Perron with his reputation will or you hope will get 10 games and Josephs actions were unintentional he Cleary targeted the back of Larkins head.

Then we wonder why NHLers still get concussed when no one is doing anything intentional out there.

Reactions: TS Quint

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Just because there's lots of comparison here between the two incidents, here's an angle that shows Joseph's contact wasn't a cross-check, but was two free hands hitting Larkin up high. Doesn't look like he had any intent, and the contact looks to be pretty soft. Perron's cross-check, otoh, was a completely intentional head shot.

Looks really unlucky, like kelly was coming for the chest push and larkin got pushed down by Joseph, so the chest push became a shot to the jaw.

Reactions: wetcoast

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Just because there's lots of comparison here between the two incidents, here's an angle that shows Joseph's contact wasn't a cross-check, but was two free hands hitting Larkin up high. Doesn't look like he had any intent, and the contact looks to be pretty soft. Perron's cross-check, otoh, was a completely intentional head shot.

No one is arguing that Perron's actions are defensible they aren't.

So you're finally acknowledging that it wasn't a cross check?

Admitting you're wrong is the first step.
I guess Joseph is your Lady Byng candidate too eh?

Joseph is a crappy predatory payer who is reckless but he will go unscathed because the NHL tolerates guys like him and Trouba.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
If I were a Wings fan, I'd be more concerned why Sens players on the ice are more worried about the health of your knocked out captain than his own teammates.
Nailed it.

I went and watched the video again, and it's completely insane. After Larkin went down, this is how the following players reacted:

Zub is the first player to react. He stands there with his hand up, trying to get everyone to stop the play to Larkin can be attended to.
1702231745064.png

Perron is the next person to react, giving Zub a flying crosscheck to the face, right over Larkin's limp defenseless body.
1702231807044.png

Fabbri proceeds to tag team Zub with Perron after Zub is down on the ice. Meanwhile, Sanderson and Joseph are the only players seemingly concerned about Larkin. Joseph has his hands up, pleading with everyone to stop fighting so Larkin can be attended to.
1702232085248.png

Joseph is screaming for a doctor to come help Larkin, while Raymond jumps Sanderson.
1702232205987.png

While all of this is happening, Giroux was over at the Red Wings bench along with a ref, helping the Wings trainer get on the ice as fast as possible, trying to get people to move out of the way.
1702232547064.png

Then Raymond come out of no where to shove Joseph, nearly tripping himself and falling onto the defenseless Larkin while the trainer is on the ice trying get to Larkin.
1702232365374.png

Then Tkachuk, who was not on the ice at the time, jumps on the ice to help one of the doctors to get to Larkin:
1702232754019.png

Just disgusting behavior by the Wings players, and complete disregard for the safety of their captain.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
This is... you proving my point for me. There are plenty of "illegal" net front occurrences, there are very few where both hands come up to head level, and those are the ones that deserve examining for starters.

I took what you said about "happens every game" and applied it to other situations that happen every game but sometimes go wrong and lead to supplemental discipline, like hits in the corners. Isn't that fun?

Imagine thinking you're spelling it out for someone while not getting it...
Have you played high level (contact) hockey? Because it really sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about.

It was a push, in a scrum, that went a bit high and resulted in an injury. Parker Kelly (27) ended up doing all the damage completely accidentally as Larkin went down.

If you had ever played hockey and been in a scrum you would know how fast this shit happens and how easy it is for things to go wrong when bodies are tumbling around.

It wasn't a cross check (one hand on the stick), it was a push to clear the front of the net. Like he and everyone else who actually played hockey was coached to do.

The refs watched it in slow-mo and realised their initial thoughts were wrong and reduced his match penalty to a minor, which they likely only did because of the scary injury.

Perron on the other had deserves the book thrown at him. Mostly because of gutless crosscheck on Zub but also because Larkin is put in more danger by people fighting and falling around his unconscious body

Reactions: Bileur and Dionysus

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
A bunch of people posting with no medical knowledge or understanding of the injury suffered to Larkin.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Targeting the head :laugh:
Well he did push him in the h**d right?

Can you fill in the blanks?
It was a push with an unfortunate outcome.
Sure I mean Joseph didn't plan the whole sequence but he started it, either the league is serious about targeting the head or it isn't.

Perron, on the other hand, was just a braindead move. 5 to 10 games hopefully.
He's going to get a few games for that, and then the next time Detroit plays Ottawa, he'll have to answer the bell, probably to Tkachuk or MacEwen. Total scumbag move.
Sure what Perron did was brain-dead but it follows from this comment on hockey and real time reaction.

Pretty sure Perron expected Zub to put up his stick and hands but Perron should be and will be punished.

But Brady or Zach 4:45 MPG in 10 games played) on Perron will be just fine it seems.

Oh the irony here.

Or as you call it.

The Joseph one handed crosscheck
Sure it was a shove and not to the head either right the 40 seconds in this clip says it all.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

DekeyPete

Dec 18, 2002
pg bc
Nailed it.

I went and watched the video again, and it's completely insane. After Larkin went down, this is how the following players reacted:

Zub is the first player to react. He stands there with his hand up, trying to get everyone to stop the play to Larkin can be attended to.
View attachment 781038

Perron is the next person to react, giving Zub a flying crosscheck to the face, right over Larkin's limp defenseless body.
View attachment 781040

Fabbri proceeds to tag team Zub with Perron after Zub is down on the ice. Meanwhile, Sanderson and Joseph are the only players seemingly concerned about Larkin. Joseph has his hands up, pleading with everyone to stop fighting so Larkin can be attended to.
View attachment 781043

Joseph is screaming for a doctor to come help Larkin, while Raymond jumps Sanderson.
View attachment 781045

While all of this is happening, Giroux was over at the Red Wings bench along with a ref, helping the Wings trainer get on the ice as fast as possible, trying to get people to move out of the way.
View attachment 781051

Then Raymond come out of no where to shove Joseph, nearly tripping himself and falling onto the defenseless Larkin while the trainer is on the ice trying get to Larkin.
View attachment 781048

Then Tkachuk, who was not on the ice at the time, jumps on the ice to help one of the doctors to get to Larkin:
View attachment 781052

Just disgusting behavior by the Wings players, and complete disregard for the safety of their captain.

Great post

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Of course it is connected but the topic is clearly centred around Perron. Unless you think Perron's actions are excused because of prior events, I don't see how it's relevant.
So unless one thinks what Perron did was okay one can't mention what set off the whole Perron reaction right?

It's like saying Perron just skated up to Zub for no particular reason and crosschecked him in the face.

Both are absurd positions.

It's almost like Perron didn't see his captian lying on the ice and Zub standing over him when he reacted.

Sorry but I didn't fall into your weak frame of reference box there.

One can agree that Perron should be suspended and understand what lead to his reaction they aren't mutually exclusive.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Nice story time from Sens fans, Fabbri didn't tag anyone, and Raymond grabs a guy which every team does in a scrum. Then Fabbri gets back to Larkin to make sure noone else is coming in, has a chat with Joseph. How did you get all that garbage from 10 seconds. Oh no Raymond shoved Joseph and showed concern for Larkin.

Good on Sens players for showing concern, but you are just talking shit.

But whatever all wings bad, sens saints.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
There is, quite literally in this thread, multiple examples of wings fans saying Perron's actions are defensible and justified.

What are you even talking about.
So many that you quoted tons of them and even if you find actual quotes I'll be the first person to say they are 100% wrong and Perron should be suspended.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Nailed it.

View attachment 781038

View attachment 781040

View attachment 781043

View attachment 781045

View attachment 781051

View attachment 781048

View attachment 781052

Great breakdown, 5 Sens players trying to help and get Larkin some medical attention, and no Wings helping,

Reactions: Bileur
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad