Perron suspended 6 games for crosscheck to the face on Zub - Mod warning Post #590

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
If I were a Wings fan, I'd be more concerned why Sens players on the ice are more worried about the health of your knocked out captain than his own teammates.
That’s what I was thinking at the time as well. Giroux jumped off the bench, and grabbed the Wings trainer and skated him to the incident, wings players doing nothing. I saw 4 Sens players trying to help Larkin.
All the best to Larkin. Haven’t seen any updates yet.

Reactions: Bileur

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I get the in the moment feeling seeing Larkin down on the ice like that but Perron can’t go off on a random player with his stick like that. I’ll guess 5-7 games unless George Parros is hitting that Egg Nog and Rum early in December then all bets are off

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
It's not a classic 2 handed crosscheck but if your stick is under your arm it still creates the crosscheck leverage dude it was a predatory hit go back and watch the video Joseph simply could have bodied Larkin instead he deiced to sue his hands and surprise the stick was under his control.

There is a better angle here at the 0:40 mark

And in the video you used as proof for a "crosscheck"

His stick doesnt even hit larkin, its his glove.

Well at least your acknowledging it now that's a start, watch the video at the 40 second mark.
Crosscheck, punch to the back of the head whatever you want to call it, it's pretty clear what Joseph was up to here.
Yeah, it was a shove to the back of the head.

I'm not the one who has continuously been trying to prove it was a "crosscheck"

It wasnt a crosscheck.

You're the only one in here who thinks that was a crosscheck.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
There is no cross check, Joseph has one hand on the stick, and Joseph’s stick is under his armpit.
Maybe take your leaf glasses off and be rational.

I'm not a Leafs fan (no idea why you are going there and adds nothing to the discussion) and sure Joseph is a crappy player who couldn't execute a proper crosscheck but did target the back of the head when a much easier play was there...right?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I'm not a Leafs fan (no idea why you are going there and adds nothing to the discussion) and sure Joseph is a crappy player who couldn't execute a proper crosscheck but did target the back of the head when a much easier play was there...right?
So you're finally acknowledging that it wasn't a cross check?

Admitting you're wrong is the first step.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
If I were a Wings fan, I'd be more concerned why Sens players on the ice are more worried about the health of your knocked out captain than his own teammates.
I'm not, it looked like a line brawl was about to happen cause of dumb Perron. But once the refs settled it fast, Raymond and Fabbri are obviously worried about Larkin.

Nice try tho.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

You are doing well but this thread is about Perron.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Deflection...good tactic.

Joseph pushed Larkin with 1 hand on his stick. Kellys contact seems to have caused the injury.

I have no horse in the race, and am a vocal hater if the Sens.
Hey you brought up the lack of class argument and your avatar fits.

Yes the Kelly contact causes the injury but how did Larkin get there?

But we can agree that the league won't do anything and Jospeh just happens to be around Larkin on 2 extremely dangerous plays but nothing to see here.

Neutral, that's a good one.
I'm not a "fan" of either team and a Canucks fan but more a fan of hockey but you got you like right?

Try to focus on the actual discussion and don't try to assume posters fandom.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Pre meditated

Viscous headshot

Used stick.

Should be 5+ games but who knows with the DOPS wheel
I agree 5-15 games. Can't use the stick, ever.

But if it was pre meditated( A line shift, etc) where he actually had time to think, then he'd be gone for a season... This was more in the moment/emotional. Not even sure 20 seconds went by.

He(Perron) still deserves a long sit-down.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The hilarity of Perron going after a guy signaling for help to come.

Throw the book at this guy. A premeditated cross check to the head (and connecting) on a guy not involved in the altercation.

10+.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Even the Detroit coach disagrees with you in his post game, said refs got the calls right in the end.
Sure it's not like he could get fined or anything right?

Look Perron deserves to be suspended and Joseph's actions need to be addressed but won't be so we will see this type of crap going forward.

Il Stugotz

Dude Good (good dude)
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
Perron will get extra games tacked on for being a contemptible dweeb like Bunting and Kadri have. Not a guy that anyone respects

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Yes what Perron did had nothing to do with the Joseph hit right?

Of course it is connected but the topic is clearly centred around Perron. Unless you think Perron's actions are excused because of prior events, I don't see how it's relevant.

Reactions: Relapsing

The Professional

Dec 4, 2005
Aylmer, Québec
What an idiot. Zub is literally waving at the medical staff to come over , and Perron just comes in and cross checks him in the neck. He's actually helping your captain, dumbass, and you assault him for no reason with your stick.

He's going to get a few games for that, and then the next time Detroit plays Ottawa, he'll have to answer the bell, probably to Tkachuk or MacEwen. Total scumbag move.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
If an eye for an eye type of punishment system was enacted by the NHL, one guy would be getting a cross check to the face, and the other guy would be getting a strong stinky glove type push. To recreate what happened to Larkin, you would need an elaborate Rube Goldberg type of setup that would probably fail every time

It was a freak accident what happened to Larkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad