Perron suspended 6 games for crosscheck to the face on Zub - Mod warning Post #590

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
It really is incredible how little regard they had for the situation at hand.
Give me a break. This happens often from teammates when a player gets hit and knocked unconscious. They see a teammate down and immediately go after the guy they think is responsible.

There's a discussion to be had about whether players should focus on retribution first or their teammate, but to pretend this is some exceptional behavior by Wings players is simply false.

If the Wings stood around waving for the trainer people would be posting about how soft they are and no one stuck up for their captain.

(To be clear this isn't a defense of Perron's crosscheck. I've stated multiple times in various threads he deserves a lengthy suspension)

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
One can agree that Perron should be suspended and understand what lead to his reaction they aren't mutually exclusive.

Sure. Though you seem to have no interest in the topic, you are arguing semantics of a different part of an incident. I get it, the Larkin thread was closed so you can’t spout off in there, but let’s stay on topic.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Nailed it.

I went and watched the video again, and it's completely insane. After Larkin went down, this is how the following players reacted:

Zub is the first player to react. He stands there with his hand up, trying to get everyone to stop the play to Larkin can be attended to.
View attachment 781038

Perron is the next person to react, giving Zub a flying crosscheck to the face, right over Larkin's limp defenseless body.
View attachment 781040

Fabbri proceeds to tag team Zub with Perron after Zub is down on the ice. Meanwhile, Sanderson and Joseph are the only players seemingly concerned about Larkin. Joseph has his hands up, pleading with everyone to stop fighting so Larkin can be attended to.
View attachment 781043

Joseph is screaming for a doctor to come help Larkin, while Raymond jumps Sanderson.
View attachment 781045

While all of this is happening, Giroux was over at the Red Wings bench along with a ref, helping the Wings trainer get on the ice as fast as possible, trying to get people to move out of the way.
View attachment 781051

Then Raymond come out of no where to shove Joseph, nearly tripping himself and falling onto the defenseless Larkin while the trainer is on the ice trying get to Larkin.
View attachment 781048

Then Tkachuk, who was not on the ice at the time, jumps on the ice to help one of the doctors to get to Larkin:
View attachment 781052

Just disgusting behavior by the Wings players, and complete disregard for the safety of their captain.

This is basically the dumbest post I've ever seen. Trying to build a villain narrative out of 8 seconds of chaos through screenshots and forced adjectives is pathetic. We get it, you don't like the opposition, but this post is complete nonsense.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Give me a break. This happens often from teammates when a player gets hit and knocked unconscious. They see a teammate down and immediately go after the guy they think is responsible.

There's a discussion to be had about whether players should focus on retribution first or their teammate, but to pretend this is some exceptional behavior by Wings players is simply false.

If the Wings stood around waving for the trainer people would be posting about how soft they are and no one stuck up for their captain.

(To be clear this isn't a defense of Perron's crosscheck. I've stated multiple times in various threads he deserves a lengthy suspension)
Yup this shit happens all the time and is very tame compared to others we have seen.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Nailed it.

I went and watched the video again, and it's completely insane. After Larkin went down, this is how the following players reacted:

Zub is the first player to react. He stands there with his hand up, trying to get everyone to stop the play to Larkin can be attended to.
View attachment 781038

Perron is the next person to react, giving Zub a flying crosscheck to the face, right over Larkin's limp defenseless body.
View attachment 781040

Fabbri proceeds to tag team Zub with Perron after Zub is down on the ice. Meanwhile, Sanderson and Joseph are the only players seemingly concerned about Larkin. Joseph has his hands up, pleading with everyone to stop fighting so Larkin can be attended to.
View attachment 781043

Joseph is screaming for a doctor to come help Larkin, while Raymond jumps Sanderson.
View attachment 781045

While all of this is happening, Giroux was over at the Red Wings bench along with a ref, helping the Wings trainer get on the ice as fast as possible, trying to get people to move out of the way.
View attachment 781051

Then Raymond come out of no where to shove Joseph, nearly tripping himself and falling onto the defenseless Larkin while the trainer is on the ice trying get to Larkin.
View attachment 781048

Then Tkachuk, who was not on the ice at the time, jumps on the ice to help one of the doctors to get to Larkin:
View attachment 781052

Just disgusting behavior by the Wings players, and complete disregard for the safety of their captain.

That's great but look just before the first picture you presented and you swill see at the 11 second mark Perron looks over his shoulder and sees Zub retracting and standing up from Larkin.

That's Perrons first awareness and then he reacts badly and should be suspended but at least you have the entire video, just be more honest about it next time.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
I suspect Red Wing fans will ease up in the upcoming days, weeks, months, and years. Like the poster above said, hopefully this doesn’t become a Bertuzzi/Moore thing

It was a 2 minute routine penalty with an extremely unfortunate result and probably can’t be replicated. An act of god injury of sorts. Calling for blood or retribution for Joseph is unnecessary. I bet Larkin doesn’t hold anything against him and views it as a freak occurrence

Reactions: Bileur and RyCam

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
I think he got the butt end of both sticks when I look at it. Kelly has no idea the target is changing. Joseph for me is pushing down into the neck. Like I said this player has a history with Larkin so I view his involvement differently.

Listen if one of our bottom six players has been involved in two bad incidents with Brady Tkachuk I am going to expect that the player doesn’t get a break from Sens fans. I appreciate that Joseph did try to play peacemaker and protect him after injury. I also am tired of seeing him involved in dangerous plays on our captain accident or otherwise.

I didn’t call on a suspension, I think only Perron meets the criteria. What I called on was the Wings need to make sure Joseph doesn’t want to breath on Larkin anymore and that goes well beyond the fight in the third.
Fair enough. I don't expect wings fans to give Joseph a break and I don't expect Joseph to give Larkin a break in the future or any Sen for that matter.

While this was clearly a freak accident and not really about "intimidation", I don't see Detroit making any Ottawa player to not "want to breath on Larkin..." any time soon.

I mean last time they were asked "who wants it?" The answer was a resounding - no one.

Reactions: Bileur

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
I suspect Red Wing fans will ease up in the upcoming days, weeks, months, and years. Like the poster above said, hopefully this doesn’t become a Bertuzzi/Moore thing

It was a 2 minute routine penalty with an extremely unfortunate result and probably can’t be replicated. An act of god injury of sorts. Calling for blood or retribution for Joseph is unnecessary. I bet Larkin doesn’t hold anything against him and views it as a freak occurrence

I agree in some part that I think fans who didn't see the game live don't fully appreciate how it looked like Larkin was dead or paralyzed. It was a really scary moment. But it's not gonna become a Bertuzzi Moore thing. The league has changed too much for that.

As for Joseph, I don't know how many realize that Joseph is the one who put Larkin head first into the boards shortly after Larkin returned from a neck injury as a result of the Benn crosscheck. He may not think Joseph did this one on purpose but I'm guessing there's still ill will.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
This is one of the dumbest shit I've read on here for a while.

Pretty sure Zub expected Perron to cross check his head....
You are right Perron was just skating at him full speed and Zub should have been 100% surprised that Perron did anything right?

Your first comment isn't even worth responding to really as you don't seem to understand hockey or the role of intimidation ect which I want out of the game and was predicated by Joseph setting the while sequence in motion.

Have you even seen the 40 second mark here?

Seems like people are focusing on their own narratives here depending on the color of the jersey..

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
You are correct. It was not a cross check.

.View attachment 780942

Image show up better here:

Ok so it's not a crosscheck but I don't know that makes the point people want it to.

Both of Joseph's hands are contacting Larkin's head. Larkin is getting hit in the face with Joseph's right hand and punched in the back of the head with Joseph's other glove and stick.

So maybe not a crosscheck, but still not great.

Reactions: wetcoast

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
I agree in some part that I think fans who didn't see the game live don't fully appreciate how it looked like Larkin was dead or paralyzed. It was a really scary moment. But it's not gonna become a Bertuzzi Moore thing. The league has changed too much for that.

As for Joseph, I don't know how many realize that Joseph is the one who put Larkin head first into the boards shortly after Larkin returned from a neck injury as a result of the Benn crosscheck. He may not think Joseph did this one on purpose but I'm guessing there's still ill will.
Yeah they don't play until January 31st, shit will cool down soon here. It'll be about the two division points as usual.

Silky Johnson

Mar 9, 2015
London, UK

I'd agree that happens often however with DL lying lifeless on the ice like that, I would hope that at least a couple DRW players would be thinking about helping before getting revenge.

It really wasn't a normal looking injury - I personally felt sick and was just hoping he would start moving.

The difference in the response was glaring.

Reactions: swiftwin

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Read the full thread then, what are you, lazy?
Seems as lazy as you are but you are making the assertion that there are enough people saying that Perron should be excused and can't bother to even quote one eh?

Most everyone agrees that what Perron did was 100% wrong so keep being lazy.

Silky Johnson

Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Ok so it's not a crosscheck but I don't know that makes the point people want it to.

Both of Joseph's hands are contacting Larkin's head. Larkin is getting hit in the face with Joseph's right hand and punched in the back of the head with Joseph's other glove and stick.

Yup, probably worth a minor penalty on review....

Reactions: The Expert

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Sure. Though you seem to have no interest in the topic, you are arguing semantics of a different part of an incident. I get it, the Larkin thread was closed so you can’t spout off in there, but let’s stay on topic.
So in other words treat Perrons actions without context, maybe you should dish out the disclipline to Perron then that sounds fair and objective.

And once again I say this as someone who thinks that Perron should get suspended.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
You are right Perron was just skating at him full speed and Zub should have been 100% surprised that Perron did anything right?

Your first comment isn't even worth responding to really as you don't seem to understand hockey or the role of intimidation ect which I want out of the game and was predicated by Joseph setting the while sequence in motion.

Have you even seen the 40 second mark here?

Seems like people are focusing on their own narratives here depending on the color of the jersey..

Victim blaming is such a shit thing to do to try to justify a morons actions.

Zubs first instinct is to expect that Perron would come at his head with a 2 arm cross check with his stick? You're reaching hard now.

Reactions: RyCam

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
I'd agree that happens often however with DL lying lifeless on the ice like that, I would hope that at least a couple DRW players would be thinking about helping before getting revenge.

It really wasn't a normal looking injury - I personally felt sick and was just hoping he would start moving.

The difference in the response was glaring.

when Perron goes after Zub, that starts off a hockey scrum. It was a scary injury for sure but we're talking about split second reactions here. But sure, go make the Sens players heroes.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC

It was a minor at most. The collision with Parker Kelly is what seemed to cause the damage.

Hockey is a fast-paced game and unfortunately freak plays and injuries happen. That doesn't mean we should suspend someone for something they did 2 years ago.

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
Lol at anyone watching the joseph play in slowmo during a hockey battle infront of the net and thinks it is comparable to what Perron did.

He was battling for the puck which larkin had and definitely got his hands up in his face, which IMO was a correctly called roughing penalty, what happened after was a complete freak incident that can happen anytime in a sport like hockey.

After this a player that was not involved and worried about larkin comes in to wave down the trainers and try to help them. There is no hockey being played at this point and no battles happening. Perron then comes in and crosschecks that guy in the face on purpose trying to clearly injure him.

IF you think these things are even in the same stratosphere, you are either way to biased towards your team, or lack basic cognitive functions.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Fair enough. I don't expect wings fans to give Joseph a break and I don't expect Joseph to give Larkin a break in the future or any Sen for that matter.

While this was clearly a freak accident and not really about "intimidation", I don't see Detroit making any Ottawa player to not "want to breath on Larkin..." any time soon.

I mean last time they were asked "who wants it?" The answer was a resounding - no one.

Edvinsson isn’t just talented there is a bit of mean there. He isn’t long off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad