Perron suspended 6 games for crosscheck to the face on Zub - Mod warning Post #590

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
You are right what happened to Larkin and Perron seeing Zub getting up from Larkin had nothing to do with Perrons actions...good grief Charlie Brown.

That’s not what it’s about, you’ve advocated for Joseph to face disciplinary action multiple times. Make a different thread.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
Nice triples down with nothing lol.
All you have is emojis as replies.
You obviously bought that Zapruder-like biased narrative someone posted earlier in the thread. Watch the actual video. Perron cheapshots Zub, a scrum breaks out, then Fabbri is right there, Raymond gets there as soon as he can trying to keep people away from Larkin. Ghost is being prevented from getting to Larkin. There's already medical personnel on the ice when another one joins with Tkachuk. Tkachuk then goes on to yap at Ryamond.

But sure, the Sens are the heroes here and the Wings were running around not giving a shit about their captain.

Reactions: JediOrderPizza

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
Joseph has been dirty on Larkin before. I doubt Larkin forgives him a second time.

Both Sens players went after Larkin's head. One right behind the ear the other in the jaw. They knocked him out cold. It's an "unfortunate result" that was predictable by two players attacking Larkins head. There was no accidents here. No hockey play. They intended to hurt him and their mission was accomplished. Just straight dirty.

Perron will get what he gets. You can't allow cross checks to the head. That's just the cost of doing business.

Yeah Larkin forgave Joseph for about 0.25 seconds before sucker punching him the first time. But Joseph deserved it that time, not relevant at all to this play.

There is a very detailed breakdown showing Sens players doing more to at least wave the medical staff over. The Wings players on the ice should all be ashamed of themselves, truly a pathetic lack of support for their captain.

Hopefully when the emotions settle down the blinders will come off and we can worry about Larkins recovery, and that this hyper sensitivity to impact doesn't end his career early. He is a talented player, hate to see it on any team, even one whose fanbase is as intolerable as the Leafs.

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
''Larkin's limp defenseless body.''

swift, why is Larkin's body limp and defenseless?

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
I suspect Red Wing fans will ease up in the upcoming days, weeks, months, and years. Like the poster above said, hopefully this doesn’t become a Bertuzzi/Moore thing

It was a 2 minute routine penalty with an extremely unfortunate result and probably can’t be replicated. An act of god injury of sorts. Calling for blood or retribution for Joseph is unnecessary. I bet Larkin doesn’t hold anything against him and views it as a freak occurrence
There's a history between Joseph and Larkin. I dont get how you can just punch a guy in the back of the head and say what an unfortunate accident how could this ever have been avoided.

Without a suspension for joseph I dont see how this incident doesnt escalate.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Agreed, he has as much blame as Joseph, which is not very much.
Sure Larkin probably would have fallen into Kelly had Joseph not been there right?

You are right that Joseph couldn't predict the injury but he also did target the head of Larkin that's pretty clear but it seems that some people are okay with that.

Look people can think that Perron should be suspended and what he did was worse because it was but they can also think after watching the clip that Joseph chose to target the head because that's what he did and he easily could have used body position on Larkin.

Rolo Tomassi

May 6, 2010
I get what Perron did in the heat of the moment. Not saying it was right, he should get suspended. Though if he was gonna do something that stupid, he should have at least found the right guy. Better yet, he should have found Tkachuk. Not many guys in the league deserve it more than him. There is a reason the sens are getting a dirty rep and are the most penalized team in the league and it all starts with his cheap antics.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
from perrons time in detroit i see him as a up standing nhl citizen and a very competitive player / leader ive lotta respect for , and this occurence was out of character heat of the moment and dumb reaction . but none of that matters in terms of how perrons actions affected a totally innocent zub . thusly imo this cost him something like 4 games or more for forcefully going to face with stick .

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Joseph won’t get anything, Oh and it probably does escalate next game, but not in Perron’s favour.
I’m sure the refs will warn both teams prior to next game.
Likely ends up Tkachuk challenging anyone on the bench again to go.

Kind of like Perron should of, by dropping his gloves.

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
You obviously bought that Zapruder-like biased narrative someone posted earlier in the thread. Watch the actual video. Perron cheapshots Zub, a scrum breaks out, then Fabbri is right there, Raymond gets there as soon as he can trying to keep people away from Larkin. Ghost is being prevented from getting to Larkin. There's already medical personnel on the ice when another one joins with Tkachuk. Tkachuk then goes on to yap at Ryamond.

But sure, the Sens are the heroes here and the Wings were running around not giving a shit about their captain.

Thanks for posting a video that completely contradicts your post.

Yeah Fabbri is right there, stumbling over a lifeless body. Right after Perron hops over him to cheap shot the only player calling for help in Zub. Then Raymond 2 on 1s Zub before paying any attention to Larkin.

When the meds ware off check out Swiftwins breakdown.

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
Do you even understand what victim blaming is?

I'm not blaming Zub here, its just common sense stop and think if someone is charging at you full speed what is your reaction?

You are right guy from opposite team with his team mate out cold on the ice surely was skating at him for what reason comes to mind exactly?

It's as if no one in hockey ever has taken a run at anyone so Zub certainly couldn't have expected anything right?
The fact there was a guy out cold on the ice, yet Zub on the other team let his guard down because he was worried about Larkin and wanted to get him immediate help, but couldnt because the guy ON LARKINS TEAM decided that the best action was to cause more chaos that could have easily caused more people to pile up on larkin (see moore bertuzzi) by crosschecking a guy in the face that didnt do anything actually makes it wayyyyy worse for perron, and just shows Zub is actually a decent person.

The player the thread is about crosschecked a dude trying to help that was standing over larkin causing more chaos and putting larkin in more potential danger.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Joseph has been dirty on Larkin before. I doubt Larkin forgives him a second time.

Both Sens players went after Larkin's head. One right behind the ear the other in the jaw. They knocked him out cold. It's an "unfortunate result" that was predictable by two players attacking Larkins head. There was no accidents here. No hockey play. They intended to hurt him and their mission was accomplished. Just straight dirty.

Perron will get what he gets. You can't allow cross checks to the head. That's just the cost of doing business.
@wetcoast just in case you missed the obvious.....

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Joseph won’t get anything, Oh and it probably does escalate next game, but not in Perron’s favour.

Agree about everything you said.

I predict kostin will be in the lineup next time round and hopefully Seider grows a pair of balls and actually mans up.

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
You might be insane. Joseph shoves him from behind and Larkin falls into Parker Kelly. It's a nothing play that led to an unfortunate freak injury.

Saying Joseph and Kelly intended to hurt him is silly.
Classic, clueless take.. You're acting like they barely touched him. They both attacked his head hard enough to knock him out. This was no accident. This was not a hockey play. They went for his head hard enough to knock him out. The result wasn't unpredictable. You go punching a guy in the head and bad things happen.

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018

lol the last guy he fought was Bobby Ryan in 2010 and he didnt even win that, guy will crosscheck another 10 people in the face before he fights

Reactions: Golden_Jet

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
There's a history between Joseph and Larkin. I dont get how you can just punch a guy in the back of the head and say what an unfortunate accident how could this ever have been avoided.

If they have a history then 99.999% of the time Larkin gets up and pushes Joseph until players come together and are subsequently separated and everyone shortly forgets the incident. Maybe Larkin doesn’t do anything and is fine with the power play. No one is saying it isn’t a penalty. It was a net front scrum where hands got up high. Happens all the time and usually results in a 2 minute penalty but no suspension. Larkin’s injury occurred because of a freak chain of events that probably can’t be replicated even if they played out exactly the same.

Reactions: NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
If they have a history then 99.999% of the time Larkin gets up and pushes Joseph until players come together and are subsequently separated and everyone shortly forgets the incident. Maybe Larkin doesn’t do anything and is fine with the power play. No one is saying it isn’t a penalty. It was a net front scrum where hands got up high. Happens all the time and usually results in a 2 minute penalty but no suspension. Larkin’s injury occurred because of a freak chain of events that probably can’t be replicated even if they played out exactly the same.

This.

There are posters in here who have never seen a scrum in front of a net before.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI

Punching people in the back of the head/neck in front of the net has never warranted more than a rough, this is true

It's also ridiculous, for exactly this reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad