Perron suspended 6 games for crosscheck to the face on Zub - Mod warning Post #590

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
Obviously you made up your mind before you actually read what I posted here is the "hockey argument" with the cavet that Perron should be suspended.
lol, I read your entire post. There’s no hockey argument to be made for what Perron did. To suggest so is just plain silly

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
They gave Joseph 2 mins for roughing and 5 mins for fighting
The fighting penalty was 2 periods after this incident.

I guess you only saw one crosscheck on the play?

Maybe watch the video where Jospeh crosschecks Larkin to the back, at best side of the head, until then it's hard to take you seriously.
You also seem to not know what crosschecking is.

Considering theres 1 crosscheck delivered during this play, and it was by Perron.

Joseph shoves him with his glove in the upper back/neck area, he doesn't crosscheck him.

Maybe you should watch the video yourself before deciding if you should take anyone else seriously.

If you're confused on what a crosscheck is, just watch 5 seconds after Larkin goes down, and you'll get a clear example by how Perron uses his stick.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I don't think either player does. I had to go looking for video with another angle. I don't think it's a terribly hard shot to the back of the head. I've seen 2 minute roughing calls that looked worse.

Kelly fronts his stick like he like he intends to push Larkin's hips. Joseph's shove from the behind knocks Larkin over and he goes face first into Kelly's right hand and butt of stick.

Perron, imo, is the only one who went in with any sort of intent. I think he should sit 2 games at min.

I think I agree but it's going to be a bitter pill for Wings fans to swallow if only their guy gets suspended after watching their captain out cold like that.

Auston Marlander

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

Maybe watch the video where Jospeh crosschecks Larkin to the back, at best side of the head, until then it's hard to take you seriously.

How does a player crosscheck with 1 hand on their stick? It was a high shove, which happens 50 times a game. Joseph didn't cause the injury, Kelly did, but again Kelly didn't do anything malicious, Larkin hunched down because it the shove from Joseph.

Reactions: smitty10

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Kelly got him on the button and he dropped. Purely incidental.

But Zub? It's his fault for getting in the way of Perron stick.

Gotta love some fans holding water for the actions of an adult. Perron knew what he was doing.

I actually liked the way the refs called it on the ice. Joseph did shove him, some head contact. Kelly didn't have much time, but he drove into Larkin's head rather than letting up. Reckless by him, but a bang bang play. Got a roughing as well. Perron got the deserved 5 and a game plus supplemental discipline.

The coverage by Sportsnet was egregious. They showed the Larkin replay over and over non-stop. That was bad enough. They also barely mentioned or showed the Perron on Zub play.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
The only lack of class in the sequence was by Perron. I'm a Leafs fan, so defending the Sens is not something I do, but Larkin was 2 meaningless plays that together turned out really bad...it was very very bad luck.

Perron was malicious and what makes it worse was it was to a person who wasn't involved in the Larkin incident. What makes it even worse is the player he attacked was calling for help for Petronas teammate.

Throw the book at him.
The irony spouting off lack of class with that avatar eh?

Perron should be suspended but people justifying Joseph really need to give their collective heads a shake.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
It still doesn't make for a good hockey argument.

Atleast Joseph was battling Larkin infront of the net.

Zub was calling for trainers and got cross checked in the face by a David Perron who seems to be lacking some braincells.
”battling”

How? Against a player with his back towards the net, without ever looking towards the puck, without attempting to play the body/stick. Where’s the battle?

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Second time the same guy has been involved with Larkin.

Perron should face discipline. Probably three to five games I agree with that logic.

We can call it an accident but this is the second time Joseph has done stick work to a bad level to Larks, he doesn’t get a pass for me. The league can let him go I would make him fight the entire fourth line in the next five games we play against him though. This scrub needs to be more careful around our franchise player.

I can hear the argument for more games on Perron because as you said he got the wrong guy on top of something egregious. I would expect five games, but I think the dressing room is tired of seeing Larkin be on the business end of some pretty awful stuff the last few years.
The league set the precedent years ago that you can do whatever you want to Dylan Larkin. Hell, you'll probably be rewarded with a power play.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
What are your thoughts on the refs reviewing the initial 5 minute call, downgrading the call to a 2 minute minor and the Detroit coach in his post game presser praising the refs for making the right call?
What are you even talking about here Perron got a match penalty on the play and rightly so?

Sensatauro

Dec 30, 2012
I hope Larkin is ok. Haven't seen any updates yet, anyone heard anything?

Confused why anyone thinks Joseph would have been suspended or even Fined. There was no malice of intent to brutally ko Larkin. It was a truly unfortunate situation.

It be a helluva precedent for the NHL to suspend Joseph here because suddenly you can't net front battle anymore as everyone's gonna be suspended nightly if that's dispensable now.

Perron could get 5-10 games here. He is lucky Zub wasn't hurt seriously there, as mentioned, given Zub recent return from Concussion, otherwise I could have seen a real lengthy suspension, ie greater then 10

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

There is no cross check, Joseph has one hand on the stick, and Joseph’s stick is under his armpit.
Maybe take your leaf glasses off and be rational.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Are you trolling here. You were the guy who asked it…
So, in my post I use 4 numbers

Where in my post am I questioning how he got 7 minutes.

And if you followed along, my question asking how he gets 3 minutes is referring to someone who posts that Joseph would get 3.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
What are you even talking about here Perron got a match penalty on the play and rightly so?
The initial call on Joseph was 5 minutes. Why? Because it gave the refs the opportunity to review what happened

After that review, Joseph ended up with a 2 minute penalty. Detroit's coach praised the refs, twice, in his post game presser for getting the call right.

If you're not fully understanding how it all went down, probably best to refrain from commenting

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
It still doesn't make for a good hockey argument.

I never said that it was a "good" argument but a hockey one we often see a guy react to one of his own players on the ice in real time just give it a break you are really showing your lack of hockey knowledge here.
Atleast Joseph was battling Larkin infront of the net.
Larkin was going after the puck and as post #263 points out with a real clear picture you are once again wrong.

”battling”

How? Against a player with his back towards the net, without ever looking towards the puck, without attempting to play the body/stick. Where’s the battle?

Zub was calling for trainers and got cross checked in the face by a David Perron who seems to be lacking some braincells.
Yes Perron reacted badly and was punished for it deserves a suspension as does Joseph.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
So, in my post I use 4 numbers

Where in my post am I questioning how he got 7 minutes.
He got 7 mins in penalties. You asked how he got a 3 min roughing penalty. There is no such thing as a 3 min penalty. He got a 2 and 5. The fact that the fighting major came later on in the game has nothing to do with anything. you’re just a troll

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
He got 7 mins in penalties. You asked how he got a 3 min roughing penalty. There is no such thing as a 3 min penalty. He got a 2 and 5. The fact that the fighting major came later on in the game has nothing to do with anything. you’re just a troll
Wow, follow along the thread.

Clearly I was making a joke when I guy suggested that Joseph should get 3.

He clearly wont get a 3 game suspension.

I clearly know he got 7 minutes in penalties, I even told you when the 5 minute came from.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I read your whole post. There is no hockey argument to be made for what Perron did. To suggest so is just plain silly
Just remember that the next and every time a team or player you like does the same thing then, most people making this argument are situational and inconsistent.

But sure people expecting their team mates to stand up and react when their players are injured is silly, would be great if you were on my team and had my back.

But just to be clear I'm not condoning what Perron did, he was wrong but one can understand why he did it in a hockey context if they understand team sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad