Perron suspended 6 games for crosscheck to the face on Zub - Mod warning Post #590

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
3-5 games for Perron, maybe more. Intent to injure is never good and has no place in organized sports, let alone hockey.

Separetly, interested to see if the history between Larkin and Mathieu comes into play at all with the review from the league. 2 years ago Larkin got 1 game for a sucker punch on Mathieu after a borderline hit from behind by Mathieu that resulted in Larkin going headfirst into the boards.

edit: saw the x-post, has to be 5+

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Typical hockey Neanderthal Bullshit.

Larkin lies motionless after an absurd hit to the head, then Perron flies in and cross checks a guy in the face who had no involvement in the injury, and actually seemed to be trying to help Larkin.

And then they continue to all fight while a guy lies face first on the ice.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
That's what I said. From that video and description, it sounded like the 'headshot' was the hit to the back of the head - and what did the damage. From the angle in the clip, you can't see the butt end to the jaw.

Who gets suspended if you're correct? The butt end (I can't see it as clearly as you) would be completely accidental IMO.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

Never a fan of going after a different guy, especially when he is calling for the trainer lol

While I think Perron should be suspended, as should Joseph, one can at least make the hockey argument for Perron as he saw his player motionless and the Ottawa guy standing over him and made the false conclusion that Zub was responsible.

The play by Joseph simply needs to be punished severely period full stop.

OneMoreTry

Sep 26, 2021
You have to always look for the positive - if Perron gets suspended, Berggren might finally get the ice time I want for him. :skeptic:

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
While I think Perron should be suspended, as should Joseph, one can at least make the hockey argument for Perron as he saw his player motionless and the Ottawa guy standing over him and made the false conclusion that Zub was responsible.

This post might be the most ass backwards thing I've read on HF

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

One of those is a 2 minute penalty, and the other is a 5+ game suspension.

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
Ottawa fans are patethic here. 20 games, season, what next maybe lifetime ban?

Your captain is motionless on the ice after a punch to the head, what you should f***ing do? Stay calm like nothing happened? I don't want such calm players on my team.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
Who gets suspended if you're correct? The butt end (I can't see it as clearly as you) would be completely accidental IMO.
I don't think either player does. I had to go looking for video with another angle. I don't think it's a terribly hard shot to the back of the head. I've seen 2 minute roughing calls that looked worse.

Kelly fronts his stick like he like he intends to push Larkin's hips. Joseph's shove from the behind knocks Larkin over and he goes face first into Kelly's right hand and butt of stick.

Perron, imo, is the only one who went in with any sort of intent. I think he should sit 2 games at min.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Your captain is motionless on the ice after a punch to the head, what you should f***ing do? Stay calm like nothing happened? I don't want such calm players on my team.
Well you'll get to miss said uncalm player for a few games in the near-future.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
One of those is a 2 minute penalty, and the other is a 5+ game suspension.
Seems like some people don't understand hockey and the ehat of the moment.

I'm not excusing Perron he should be suspended but Joseph took a cheap shot at Larkin and you seem to be skipping over that.

Perron over reacted but one can at least make the argument as to why he did so and I agree that it was a kneejerk faulty conclusion on his part and that he should be suspended what about Joseph?

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018

LOL.

What a take - that there's a hockey argument for what Perron did.

There isn't.

Full stop

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Ottawa fans?

You see all the wings fans comparing a net front battle to a cross check to the face?

I think you have it backwards.

Seems like some people don't understand hockey and the ehat of the moment.

I'm not excusing Perron he should be suspended but Joseph took a cheap shot at Larkin and you seem to be skipping over that.

Perron over reacted but one can at least make the argument as to why he did so and I agree that it was a kneejerk faulty conclusion on his part and that he should be suspended what about Joseph?
i'm not skipping over anything.

One of these is a 2 minute penalty, as it was called.

and the other is a match + suspension.

Reactions: Bileur

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Fondly remembering the Florida/Tampa game in 2021 when Joseph spent the entire game slashing guys and starting shit after the whistle, then watched meekly while his teammate got his face rearranged by Kevin Connaughton.

Sucks for Zub, but that's just par for the course, it seems.

Reactions: wetcoast

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013

Ummmm, what?!?

How on earth do you make a “hockey argument” for Perron?

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020

Most neutral fans see it as a freak accident. How many times in the history of hockey has that type of net front clearing happened, and how many times has it resulted in a player lying motionless on the ice? You are probably too emotionally invested in the situation to view it unbiasedly. Joseph deserves a minor penalty, nothing more

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013

I can tell you what you shouldn’t do. Charge the guy who is standing over him, looking like he is trying to call for help and then crosscheck him the jaw.

Perron looks like a complete moron here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad