Penticton YoungStars Tourney (VAN/EDM/CGY/WPG) - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Since this has boiled down to personal attacks on me, which Oilers fan is up for an avatar bet.

1) Flames win tonight by anything other than a shootout, you put what I want you to put into your avatar for the next six months.

2) Oilers win tonight by anything other than a shootout, I put what you want to put into my avatar for the next six months.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
Since this has boiled down to personal attacks on me, which Oilers fan is up for an avatar bet.

1) Flames win tonight by anything other than a shootout, you put what I want you to put into your avatar for the next six months.

2) Oilers win tonight by anything other than a shootout, I put what you want to put into my avatar for the next six months.

a 6 month avatar bet on a crappy prospects game? :laugh:

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Avatar bet is going to do what exactly? You'll still be running around all over the place proclaiming that flame prospects are superior than others. Kylington's potential is Karlsson, amirite?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Well ... would you say Edmonton has a history of drafting poorly or would you say they have a history of developing poorly .... because the end result seems to be the same ....

I don't know how my post had anything to do with Edmonton's past scouting and development, but I'll bite. No I don't think Edmonton has had good scouting or development in the past. I'm not sure exactly what you're getting at, but prospects like the ones being thrown around from calgary's prospect list bust more often than not, regardless of what team is developing them.

I'm not sure why anyone would bet on a game that is being played before training camp has even started involving players who have for the most part not played together or in the organization's system much at all. This tournament really means very little compared to how these players perform during the next season and the seasons following that. To each their own though.

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
ahhhh, the battle of alberta....it's nice and comfy in here, perfect temperature. Flames are gonna get stomped on tonight. no doubt edmonton has the better team here.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
So the whole mixed fan base thread thing for the games seems to be going well.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Have a feeling the Oilers pull out another big win. Their team is a lot stronger than these. It's all on Gillies to shut the door.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Have a feeling the Oilers pull out another big win. Their team is a lot stronger than these. It's all on Gillies to shut the door.

Well he did a very nice job last night.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
ahhhh, the battle of alberta....it's nice and comfy in here, perfect temperature. Flames are gonna get stomped on tonight. no doubt edmonton has the better team here.

I missed the hostility, honestly. There's been a lot of pity the last few years which is extremely tough to choke down.

DraberlyakMcHallkins*

EDM wasn't exactly dominating the pace yesterday. Scoreboard sort of paints a different story.

No McD, Reinhart, or Laurikainen. Best C, best G, and 2nd best D. Think it'll be a close one. Papirny isn't all that good.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010

Been awhile since you could say that eh ;) :sarcasm: :yo:

Looking forward to the game!

FlamesFan 2313

Mar 22, 2015
Ontario
According to Pat Steinberg on twitter the Flames lines are as follows:

Van Brabant - Bennett - Poirier
Agostino - Kaurnakhov - Smith
Mangiapane - Arnold - Carroll
Lomberg - Burke - Marcotte/Marchment

Culkin - Fram
Kulak - Morrison
Kanzig - Andersson

McDonald

Sorry but I don't know how to embed tweets, or else I would have.

EDIT: Flames.com just released their lineup, it has Marchment in over Marcotte on the 4th line

Last edited:

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
Been awhile since you could say that eh ;) :sarcasm: :yo:

Looking forward to the game!

Hahaha exactly that's why I said it!

Man if this season goes down like last year I'm gonna be devastated. I almost forgot what it's like to chirp because we've been so bad for so long.

I'll say this, it makes it more fun and the desire burns more for oiler fans when they see the flames doing good and that's a fact

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Excited for McDonald, but isn't Fram a bit undersized for top 4? I'd probably have swapped him and Andersson based on how well Andersson was holding down the second pair yesterday. I assume though that they're giving Fram a tryout to see if he's worth the AHL deal.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
Excited for McDonald, but isn't Fram a bit undersized for top 4? I'd probably have swapped him and Andersson based on how well Andersson was holding down the second pair yesterday. I assume though that they're giving Fram a tryout to see if he's worth the AHL deal.

That's my guess. You know what you have in Andersson plus have training camp to feel him out more. I'm sure management wants to get a good look at the invites

FlamesFan 2313

Mar 22, 2015
Ontario

I don't think the order of the lines is of much importance. Yesterday, Mangiapane's line was listed as the 4th line, but by the end of the 1st period they were getting equal minutes to Bennet and Poirier's line. Huska will probably give more ice to who is playing well. I expect Kulak and Morrison to be the top pairng and Fram and Culkin to be the bottom pairing by the end of the game.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Hahaha exactly that's why I said it!

Man if this season goes down like last year I'm gonna be devastated. I almost forgot what it's like to chirp because we've been so bad for so long.

I'll say this, it makes it more fun and the desire burns more for oiler fans when they see the flames doing good and that's a fact

Coming from a Flames fan, trust me, it's nice beating the Oilers :laugh:, but I would/will LOVE when both teams are contending and have competitive, intense games. Can't wait!

Aceonfire*

Why would someone take that bet? You don't even have an avatar..

The most I would do is until the start of the season. And even then it would have to be with someone that doesn't have infractions and can use an avatar otherwise it's a one sided bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad