Penticton YoungStars Tourney (VAN/EDM/CGY/WPG) - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
If I missed it elsewhere I apologize, but is McDavid playing tonight?

No. He's being sat in this one. I imagine he'll play the next though. The Flames have too much to gain trying to take him out now to risk it, especially after the Canucks goon squad tried.

I would also guess they want him fresh for the Golden Bears game.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
He got 2 points when his team scored 8. For a guy like McDavid I think everyone expected more. He was definitely shaken up and I'm pretty sure the Oilers don't want to risk him getting injured.

Not really. The plan from the start was to give him 2 out of 3 games + the golden Bears game.

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
No. He's being sat in this one. I imagine he'll play the next though. The Flames have too much to gain trying to take him out now to risk it, especially after the Canucks goon squad tried.

Ah yes, we are now entering a brave new world where every hit on McDavid is an attempt to "take him out".

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
He got 2 points when his team scored 8. For a guy like McDavid I think everyone expected more. He was definitely shaken up and I'm pretty sure the Oilers don't want to risk him getting injured.

He could have had like 4 assists in the last two periods. For some reason Witt only decided to make saves when McDavid was setting people up.

Hyde

May 8, 2007

Good for you to the first one I've seen admit that you're scared of the Flames.

Last edited:

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003

Of course they don't want him to get injured. But they are sitting him against the Flames because they are the second team on a back to back. If the schedule was reversed and the Oilers played Calgary last night and Vancouver tonight, he'd still be sitting tonight.

I definitely don't agree that he was shaken up. It looked to me like he was just shaking the rust off.

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
Is there going to be any commentary for the game? I hate having to eyeball who's who.

Hyde

May 8, 2007
I didn't admit anything.

Swing and a miss, don't bother trying again.

How so, You said that the "Flames have too much to gain by trying to take him out". Lending one to assume that the Oilers brass is worried. Do you not applaude this move? All I'm saying is good for you to be the first one I've see admit to being worried.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

Canucks goon squad? Come on he took one big hit and jumped right back up. Not a big deal at all.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
By all means, it could be worse. It could be that annoying Jack Michaels and his trademark yelling of "OILERS RADIO NETWORK."

Eh,

I'm one of the few who likes Gene as a host for games but his PBP work isn't exactly top notch.

You're right that it could be worse though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad