Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: We Hayes Dubas's offseason moves so far

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I’d be shocked if the Penguins pick 1st overall in a long time.
I could see us being pretty bad in another year or two if Crosby declines. There's very little in the pipeline and Dubas doesn't want to sign premium free agents so put the two together and we're gonna head down hill pretty quick unless some of our prospects already in the system end up better than expected.

Still need luck to actually win the lottery I guess but when has this franchise ever lacked that

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I could see us being pretty bad in another year or two if Crosby declines. There's very little in the pipeline and Dubas doesn't want to sign premium free agents so put the two together and we're gonna head down hill pretty quick unless some of our prospects already in the system end up better than expected.

Still need luck to actually win the lottery I guess but when has this franchise ever lacked that
Our goal should be to tank for McKenna with or without Sid lol…

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Boqvist to Florida. One of the few FA left i wouldn't mind us take a shot at. Guess I'll have to accept that players dont wanna come here on shorter deals trying to revive their careers. I wouldn't either

Goodleaf

Love a good stick.
Nov 15, 2010
David Morehouse wouldn't have left out the local propaganda that Clark played for the Johnstown Chiefs.
clark.jpg

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Idk but even if we did luck into 1st overall, it’s not like there is some generational talent coming anytime soon. Maybe Alex Letang in like 2031 or something.
There are some Jack Huges level players coming up in the next couple of drafts but you're right, I don't think there is another Sid on the horizon for a little while. But that's good for us, we'll be tanking around 28/29 so hopefully there's one by then.
Director of player personnel/amateur scouting from Toronto

Another buddy hire

Dubas calling all his friends "dude you gotta come down here, FSG doesn't give a shit, the local media doesn't give a shit, you just get paid bro, f*** that toronto atmosphere"
Toronto has done decent in their last couple of drafts - Cowen, Knies, Robertson, Sandin, Durzi. Arimov was an unfortunate miss, obviously but overall, they've done okay given how much they've sent out in pursuit of the cup recently.

That said, if there's one area where we have zero room to shit talk, it's scouting and drafting. Someone new and different will not be a bad thing. And Wes himself or any connection to Dubas is nearly irrelevant to my positive viewpoint of bringing in someone new.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
seems like maybe Clark has a unique eye for talent but maybe likes to prove it by going off the board some?

Pushed for the Tippett pick in Florida

Ran Leafs drafts in 2022, 2023, 2024. Probably was a large voice in the ones prior as well.

Hopefully it goes well here.

Reactions: Rave7215

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Toronto has done decent in their last couple of drafts - Cowen, Knies, Robertson, Sandin, Durzi. Arimov was an unfortunate miss, obviously but overall, they've done okay given how much they've sent out in pursuit of the cup recently.
Clark was in Florida for 2017 and 18. Sandin , Durzi not his guys (although I saw a note he pushed for Florida drafting SDA).

Amirov can’t be called a miss. He passed away man. Come on.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Just keep at it. I'm sure the bad bounces will go their way -this- year. :laugh:
I did think that 2 years ago. Now I know it's not the bounces.

This is super super unlikely, but say Sid doesn't sign an extension, we then trade him to COL for a tidy return, Sid chases a cup. We then re sign him in free agency next season and keep the assets we accrued in that deal. Nobody loses and Sid returns a hero and helps finish his career here while helping the team gain assets in the interim.
I wish we could a 1st + C Ritchie from Colorado would help buff the war chest.
Add a 2nd 1st if they win with Sid.

I like that 4th line a lot but it means Hayes is at 3C, which I hate.

I'm fine with taking Hayes on to get the 2nd, but I'm not expecting Hayes to be anything but bad for the Penguins. If he can be better than Jeff Carter 2.0, I'd be surprised. He might be okay in a 4C role surrounding him with a bunch of speedy wingers, but the dude can't skate anymore and offers nothing outside of pretty solid playmaking.

Saving grace is he looks better then big Jeff jfresh wise lol.

He also came with a 2nd haha.

Reaction from Leafs fans is that they’re not happy they lost Clark.

I wouldn't be. He's done an amazing job picking players witg the limited draft picks.

The odd Dubas hire nobody should be cranky about.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
leafs fan here

calling amirov a complete miss because uh he got cancer, struggled to play through it and eventually died is certainly a take
I know he got cancer and passed. Thank you.

I didn't call him a bust.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Wes Clark to PIT

Hopefully he comes with Nick Robertson :sarcasm:

More fantastic news from Kyle! Bolster that player development department. That's likely the only way back for this team

WES, Welcome to the Burgh!!!!!!!!!:thumbu::clap::yo::banana:

Oh god, please no more Dubas swing and misses.
Whatever he does, it'll be awesome, I have faith in the boy wonder, you should as well.

#StealthRebuild

• Haha
Reactions: farscape1

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
I wouldn't be. He's done an amazing job picking players witg the limited draft picks.

The odd Dubas hire nobody should be cranky about.
Yeah for real, you look at our drafting over the last several years and it's like......well if people are going to bitch about this, then clearly they're never going to offer anything interesting or constructive so it's just an easy ignore moving forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad