Prospect Info: 2nd Round Pick #57 Kings Draft: Carter George, G

Rumpelstiltskin

Serial Ruminator
Jun 14, 2007
Los Alamitos, CA
Just got pushed the following from the Kings' Facebook page; love seeing this.

BTW: is that HealthSouth?? I haven't been there since Andy Murray was still coaching.

LAK 07.03.2024.png

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Totally forgot George was in net for this game. U.S. was buzzing early, and he pretty much kept Canada in the game. At one point U.S. had a 26 to 10 advantage in shots. Had an absolute Quickie like save at the 7:16 mark. Last time we had a kings pick that was a huge fan of the team turned out okay. Let's hope it's deja vu all over again.

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
The best Kings deal in years? Was not orchestrated by Blake...but by Yannetti. Let's find a trade partner and move #21 for the next tier...and get a second round pick. Calls made and Mtl moved 26, 57 and the 7th round pick, #198.

They select Greentree, who may as be as good or better, than #21 Hage. Greentree has immense skill, great size, great hockey sense, great shot. Good character and captain. Needs work on skating. Not too worried. He'll get to where he needs to be in 1 or 2 years.

Then there's Carter George at 57, who is nails and great character, great work ethic...and already has great technical skill and poise. He'll be the best King goalie drafted since...Slukynsky...and Quick.
Who is Kings #1 5 years from now? George or Slukynsky? Does not matter, as will be the best King goalie in a decade. The other may be moved. NHL currency. Hoping the best for Portillo and maybe he will be good and become #1 goalie here. But seems like one of Geroge or Slukynsky will backup and push for #1.

Don't sleep on James Reeder, #198 OA. Yannetti said "we are leaving the draft with Reeder" and he did it...as well as get Jared Woolley, who they targeted early in the year.

Reeder is going to U of Denver and will play there with Jared Wright.

Reeder’s a high-pace, dynamic winger who fearlessly drives the middle. The give-and-go is his play, shifting the defence before passing to create more space for his target. He fakes before cutting inside, cuts back and uses the trailer, and, if all else fails, his pace and motor allow him to outrace the defence. -EliteProspects 2024 NHL Draft Guide

Yannetti is doing the best work in this organization. What a great trade. I was hoping for Solberg, Hage or Luchanko, but Greentree could end up being the best of them.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Carter George was featured in the Welcome to the NHL production video pretty prominently for their Day 2 portion. Video is now available on YouTube. As mentioned plenty of times, very cool that a kid who grew up a Los Angeles Kings fan, played minor hockey for the Thunder Bay Kings, ends up getting drafted by the Los Angeles Kings.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Do you think the Kings plan on singing him to his ELC this summer or just wait till next year. I guess there really no rush since he cant play in Ahl. Just thought maybe they'd want to get him under contract
From my perspective, I don't think there's any reason to sign him. The benefits to signing a prospect at this stage would be for him to play in the NHL or be assigned to the minor pro after the OHL season ends.

He won't play in the AHL in his D+1 season.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
The best Kings deal in years? Was not orchestrated by Blake...but by Yannetti. Let's find a trade partner and move #21 for the next tier...and get a second round pick. Calls made and Mtl moved 26, 57 and the 7th round pick, #198.

They select Greentree, who may as be as good or better, than #21 Hage. Greentree has immense skill, great size, great hockey sense, great shot. Good character and captain. Needs work on skating. Not too worried. He'll get to where he needs to be in 1 or 2 years.

Then there's Carter George at 57, who is nails and great character, great work ethic...and already has great technical skill and poise. He'll be the best King goalie drafted since...Slukynsky...and Quick.
Who is Kings #1 5 years from now? George or Slukynsky? Does not matter, as will be the best King goalie in a decade. The other may be moved. NHL currency. Hoping the best for Portillo and maybe he will be good and become #1 goalie here. But seems like one of Geroge or Slukynsky will backup and push for #1.

Don't sleep on James Reeder, #198 OA. Yannetti said "we are leaving the draft with Reeder" and he did it...as well as get Jared Woolley, who they targeted early in the year.

Reeder is going to U of Denver and will play there with Jared Wright.

Reeder’s a high-pace, dynamic winger who fearlessly drives the middle. The give-and-go is his play, shifting the defence before passing to create more space for his target. He fakes before cutting inside, cuts back and uses the trailer, and, if all else fails, his pace and motor allow him to outrace the defence. -EliteProspects 2024 NHL Draft Guide

Yannetti is doing the best work in this organization. What a great trade. I was hoping for Solberg, Hage or Luchanko, but Greentree could end up being the best of them.

What the fart? Don't trade Spence, especially for a 2nd. Look at Durzi'd trajectory. The Kings have not seen what this guy can do.

21 is SPence?

Liam is a F.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
What the fart? Don't trade Spence, especially for a 2nd. Look at Durzi'd trajectory. The Kings have not seen what this guy can do.

21 is SPence?

Liam is a F.
21 as in 21st overall pick. Yannetti explained that they had a tier of similar range guys, thought they could trade down and get one of their guys, and pick up a 2nd to boost the prospect pool, which they did and got Greentree and George.

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020

21 is SPence?

Liam is a F.
I love Spence and didn't mention him in that post. Will be interesting to see if Spence or Clarke are slotted second pairing...knowing the Kings, they go by experience and make Spence second pair, with Gavrikov and Clarke third paring with Edmundson...makes some sense, as Clarke may need protection from Edmundson. I hope Clarke gets sufficient minutes on the PP. I would even go DD and Clarke, on PP1. Why not? 20 yrs ago, most PPs had 2 defensemen...or 30 yrs ago? Anyway, they should try it and I'm not worried about 2 righties on the PP. Clarke needs PP time and unit 2 never gets enough time.

Back to Carter George. He may well have been the BPA at 57. Best King trade in the last few years. Greentree would have been a good pick at 21. Great to get him at 26.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Back to Carter George. He may well have been the BPA at 57. Best King trade in the last few years. Greentree would have been a good pick at 21. Great to get him at 26.
and kudos the draft team for knowing that they could trade down and still get him and acquire 2 extra picks

:golfnana:

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I love Spence and didn't mention him in that post. Will be interesting to see if Spence or Clarke are slotted second pairing...knowing the Kings, they go by experience and make Spence second pair, with Gavrikov and Clarke third paring with Edmundson...makes some sense, as Clarke may need protection from Edmundson. I hope Clarke gets sufficient minutes on the PP. I would even go DD and Clarke, on PP1. Why not? 20 yrs ago, most PPs had 2 defensemen...or 30 yrs ago? Anyway, they should try it and I'm not worried about 2 righties on the PP. Clarke needs PP time and unit 2 never gets enough time.

Agree and love DD mentoring BC on the PP, I have even advocated for them to be a pair in general but that's a little overcooked.

Happy with CG and LG, HaSl too.

But to me you have Portillo , a goalie that had AHL success already.

That is some earned excitement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad