Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: We Hayes Dubas's offseason moves so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Toronto is a failure due to their handling of their soft, older underbelly depth.

Is it any wonder why he brings that same soft, older underbelly depth here?

You can add to the core, but it is what you do with the rest that makes a championship team. Toronto's playoffs are not the story of impressive makeups. Ever since they got JT and made him their captain they have failed in the playoffs with him as their leader. He just brought that loser attitude over from the Islanders.

Reactions: Pens x

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
sigh. You’re truly impossible.

I hope you are nice to your mother :laugh:

What's truly impossible?

You are acting like I should be happy that we are acquiring pieces from the Toronto Maple Leafs after they've been blessed with one of the best groups of forwards in the league and have won one playoff series.

It's bizarre how many people want to fall on a sword for Kyle Dubas. He was a bad GM in Toronto. He is a bad GM here. He's now bringing in the voices that insulate him and tell him what he is doing is correct and I should be happy about that because the Leafs scored 100 pts a few times?

I’m nice to Gurgles mom.

1720550883454.png

Reactions: farscape1

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
What's truly impossible?

You are acting like I should be happy that we are acquiring pieces from the Toronto Maple Leafs after they've been blessed with one of the best groups of forwards in the league and have won one playoff series.

It's bizarre how many people want to fall on a sword for Kyle Dubas. He was a bad GM in Toronto. He is a bad GM here. He's now bringing in the voices that insulate him and tell him what he is doing is correct and I should be happy about that because the Leafs scored 100 pts a few times?
You’re impossible because sometimes you just use the reply function as a way to project your feelings without actually engaging in any discussion or seemingly reading what the other posts and/or twisting their words. It can be very frustrating.

I never said shit about if this was a great move or if you should feel happy or whatever. I’m not falling on any swords.

I literally only said that what you said was hyperbolic. And it was.

I’m glad we could do this song and dance for you to make yet another echo chamber post. Really engaging discussion.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
You’re impossible because sometimes you just use the reply function as a way to project your feelings without actually engaging in any discussion or seemingly reading what the other posts and/or twisting their words. It can be very frustrating.

I never said shit about if this was a great move or if you should feel happy or whatever

I literally only said that what you said was hyperbolic. And it was.

I don't consider 100 pt seasons with no playoff success "successful".

This is the same type of argument people trot out for why Mike Sullivan is "successful".

Dubas was a terrible GM in Toronto and he's continued that trend here. There is no defending him at this point unless your blind or an old senile fart like Ryder.

Just look at this off season. Goal is to get "younger". Multiple cap dumps were moved in..

Mathieu Joseph, Ilya Mikheyev, Radek Faska and Jake Walman and for some reason the team trying to get "younger" takes on the oldest in Kevin Hayes.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Just think if we still had Hextall we’d still have Petry and Granlund and we’d have let Jake walk and things would be so much better.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Just think if we still had Hextall we’d still have Petry and Granlund and we’d have let Jake walk and things would be so much better.

I'd rather still have Petry and Granlund and 13th overall in last years draft then whatever it is we are doing now.

This guy loves Dubas :laugh:

Dubas' instagram algorithm is definitely riddled with these "self help bros"

Reactions: farscape1

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I don't consider 100 pt seasons with no playoff success "successful".

This is the same type of argument people trot out for why Mike Sullivan is "successful".

Dubas was a terrible GM in Toronto and he's continued that trend here. There is no defending him at this point unless your blind or an old senile fart like Ryder.

Just look at this off season. Goal is to get "younger". Multiple cap dumps were moved in..

Mathieu Joseph, Ilya Mikheyev, Radek Faska and Jake Walman and for some reason the team trying to get "younger" takes on the oldest in Kevin Hayes.
Dude… holy shit. Do you really think I don’t know your stance on Dubas and his work here? I didn’t try to convince you of the opposite.

I do not like him enough, but more importantly I do NOT care enough to try to convince you of the opposite. On any of the things in this post.

I just said 100 pt seasons =/= one of worst org in league JFC

Please stop tagging me for gods sake :laugh::laugh:

• Love
Reactions: Lustaf

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Dude… holy shit. Do you really think I don’t know your stance on Dubas and his work here? I didn’t try to convince you of the opposite.

I do not like him enough, but more importantly I do NOT care enough to try to convince you of the opposite. On any of the things in this post.

leafs suck. dubas sucks.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

Ignore him. Your life will be better. I promise.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I'd rather still have Petry and Granlund and 13th overall in last years draft then whatever it is we are doing now.

Dubas' instagram algorithm is definitely riddled with these "self help bros"

Oh man Petry, Granlund, and the next Sam Poulin? That sounds awesome.

Reactions: Pens x

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Oh man Petry, Granlund, and the next Sam Poulin? That sounds awesome.

Sam Dickinson who is largely viewed as a top three RHD in the draft was taken by San Jose. Zeev Buium who is widely viewed as potentially the best D in the draft was also available.

Would've been a great addition to actually building a team / futures.

Petry and Granlund would also be off the books this season. Gives you a ton of cap to play with.

Instead we have 16 million being spent on 34 and 37 RHD. Good thing we got a plan to get younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad