Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: We Hayes Dubas's offseason moves so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
For someone who didn't want to be here (Pittsburgh) and couldn't wait to be traded, it's weird he's still around in the summer time.
Huh? He sold his house and moved all his shit in 8 days? :jk:
For the record, I posted the Haase article that said he got along with his mates just fine.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
616756613ac690a95ac8e8c0494c9ce3_bdd364879bc3.jpeg
200w.gif

• Love
Reactions: HandshakeLine

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Haven't 300 of your posts over the last few months been about how we should say f*** you to Sidney Crosby and move on?
Loyalty to the TEAM trumps loyalty to any individual player.

It's the Pittsburgh Penguins, NOT the Pittsburgh Crosbys. YOU need to remember that.

Reactions: farscape1

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Huh? He sold his house and moved all his shit in 8 days? :jk:
For the record, I posted the Haase article that said he got along with his mates just fine.
He did, ppl suggesting he wasn't liked was the media misfits, his teammates were fine with him as you suggested.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Dubas has put in place HIS people more and more. He'll be running this organIzation for at least the next decade. His presence now permeates this team. Anyone who defies him will be met with a quick exit. As they should be. Sure there'll be some differences of opinion, but watch your tone when conveying it. :nod:

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I think it’s a decent hire. But I wish all these dudes weren’t Lex Fridman male self help book midwits lol

The part of the show where they are smoking giant dogshit-looking cigars and hawking their Alpha-bro get rich quick seminars must be either before or after this clip.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The part of the show where they are smoking giant dogshit-looking cigars and hawking their Alpha-bro get rich quick seminars must be either before or after this clip.
Many do not realize that there are many viable businesses in rural America owned by an aging man who has no obvious successor. The guy probably wants to retire, the locals need the service he provides, but the business would be hard to sell because it is not managed according to "conventional" principles, doesn't generate UMC-level income, and is in a place most people don't want to live.One day, the guy just dies, and suddenly locals have to drive 60+ minutes to Lowe's to get a new wrench instead of 10 minutes. Or their favorite old bar closes and they start drinking in Tim's garage instead, wishing the old bar would open again. They're bummed, and a viable business is lost.Young guys who show any serious interest and commitment to the town could, with a little charisma and elbow grease, get some really sweetheart deals on takeovers, buy-outs, etc. when the big chief wants to finally retire. Often, just showing up and saying "I love this town and I'd like to work here just to learn how the business is run" is enough to put a twinkle in the old owner's eye. The second step is actually following through and staying; once you prove you're in for the long haul, things can move quickly.This might be the most straightforward path to gaining a lot of influence in a rural town quickly, as those running these businesses tend to know everyone. As long as the new guy changes nothing, he'll be respected and be on the fast-track to building a lasting local legacy.

It's so weird, it's outsider art.

Calling Ryder's chemically imbalanced Facebook generated brain outsider art. I thought you were an intellectual?

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Every GM just hires their friends let's not sit here and act like Dubas is some special bad snowflake for doing that.

Cronyism and nepotism rules the world and always has and always will.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Lol it's cargo cult masculinity and it is the most unintentionally funny shit ever.
I can’t imagine being the kind of person to intentionally read a biography on Will Smith to try to be a better or more successful person. But hey, he’s got a good job so

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Every GM just hires their friends let's not sit here and act like Dubas is some special bad snowflake for doing that.

Cronyism and nepotism rules the world and always has and always will.
True, however the strong language in love, support and devotion to Kyle is pretty remarkable. They adore him, like big time!

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I don’t like fiction so in an attempt to get back into reading, I bought two self help books a few years ago. They were ok. Really like the first one “Dopamine” but also never was shocked by any relevations. The second “Mindset” was tougher to read as I realized the entire genre, even if well-researched, is just common sense brought to you in paperback form by insert prestigious school PHD/MD. It’s all literally stuff you know you should be doing.

I dont know how anyone continuously consumes that type of content to be honest.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
No, you're trying to pass off YOUR opinion as fact, that's not how it works. You need to be able to discern between the two.
Me saying it's going to take longer than three years to compete because we don't have any good draft picks, then posting how only one from the TOP three from last did jack shit, and you saying any top ten pick will help, is, at worst, the the same thing. But i cited a source.

Except my opinion makes a little f***ing more sense than yours. By pure salary cap logic.

It's cool man, you're wrong. This isn't going to be a quick turn around. You been watching for a million years. You know Jagr couldn't do it on his own. And you know we don't have a Jagr in the cupboard.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Me saying it's going to take longer than three years to compete because we don't have any good draft picks, then posting how only one from the TOP three from last did jack shit, and you saying any top ten pick will help, is, at worst, the the same thing. But i cited a source.

Except my opinion makes a little f***ing more sense than yours. By pure salary cap logic.

It's cool man, you're wrong. This isn't going to be a quick turn around. You been watching for a million years. You know Jagr couldn't do it on his own. And you know we don't have a Jagr in the cupboard.
But you're passing off your opinion as fact, I'm not. I believe it'll take 3-4 years to get back to being competitive. For you to assert 3-4 years prior that I'm wrong is absolute lunacy!

And we do currently have some quality prospects, something you're just dismissing, which again is absurd.

Beyond drafting well you can augment your line up through free agency. And when we have a few quality young guys in the line up there are other ways to improve the team around them. Apparently you're not considering that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad