Salary Cap: Pens Summer Salary Thread: Dull days of August... Oooo! A trade!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Carolina just did it. And form what i understand theres no rules how much cash you can pay later?
There's limits to how low the cap hit can go but I'm not sure how that's calculated. With that Jarvis contract, I believe 40% of the contract is deferred but the cap hit only dropped from 7.9m to 7.4m. Going from a 10m caphit to 1m can't happen

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pretty sure Dubas will make a cap space move here and Eller is the best player that he can move for a decent pick. I am not one to believe the Hayes deal was necessary even with the pick at the time. But Dubas has to live with Eller or maybe Acciari heading out.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
We’re under the cap still so I don’t see any trades being necessary.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
We’re under the cap still so I don’t see any trades being necessary.

Yeah, we are at 15 forward and 7 D with Jarry and Ned and still under the cap.

That is without Nieto on LTIR.

DOC - Sid - Rust
Bunting - Malkin - Rakell
Beauvillier - Hayes - Glass
Lizotte - Eller - Acciari
McGroarty
Puustinen

Pettersson - EK
Gryz - Letang
Graves - St Ivany
Aho

Jarry
Ned

Gives you 800+k

Reactions: Factorial and Jacob

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Dubas was stuck last year with zero room and my guess is he wants more wiggle room. Eller being moved makes sense and gives them close to 3 million and with Nieto on LTIR, that should be enough to give him a move or two if needed. He can also make a couple guys fighting for roster spots go down and save some money there.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
i’ve been confused about what’s going on with nieto for months… yet i have no desire to actually figure it out

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I’m guessing they just go to camp and let it play out. Whoever looks like they’re not making it will get waived/traded.

Reactions: Jacob

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
I saw someone in a Chris Tamer Pens jersey a few years ago and I thought it was the coolest jersey ever until I saw someone in a Sergei Zubov Pens jersey.
Saw one of these in the wild at a coyotes v pens game a few years ago and I had to flag the guy down to give him props.
1725248358925.png

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Has Sully said anything about wanting to play in a particular way that is particularly different from previously desired… particularity?

Asking for a friend.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
People keep saying Eller is going to be traded due to the logjam of bottom sixers we have, but I see no one else on the roster capable of handling the MS 3rd line center defensive assignments and actually not getting caved in. Hayes is not that guy, and is much closer to a healthy scratch than being that guy. If we get to the TDL and Eller is as good as last year, and we're out of it, then trade him for value then.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I really don't think the team is terribly interested in moving Eller as Sullivan seems to adore him based on deployment. But hey if some team calls dangling a big fat 2nd rounder in 2027 or something then all bets are off.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If possible I'd move Acciari before Eller.

Yeah but no one will be interested in trading for him because he has that stupid extra year on his contract and is overpaid as is…also stupid limited NMC…they should but won’t waive him.. they don’t treat vets like that and Sullivan and Dubas love him lol…think PK!

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Eller is 35 and UFA, but I think both he and Acciari should be gone.

They have Hayes, Lizotte, Glass and Bemstrom.

It opens up 4.450 in cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad