Salary Cap: Pens Salary Thread: Pens Ownership "Dubas... that Coca-Cola machine. I want you to shoot the lock off it. There may be some waiver players in there."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I mean by all means if there’s a bidding war take a first rounder everytime. I’m just saying I’d take a teams 2 of their top prospects over just 1 and a first rounder.
I really hope the Canucks are in on this if only to drive up the price. Lekkerimaki would be sweet!

Reactions: Maninthebox87

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Looking back that offseason Geno was ufa and Trochek was out there I was mentally prepared for that to happen. I’m starting to question if Geno even finishes out his contract and retires.
Yeah I dont think he does…wouldn’t be surprised if he retires after next season…

Reactions: Maninthebox87

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I mean they did have a legit guy on his wing last year and the results were there

Zucker doesn't look that legit, to me. Smith has the talent he just doesn't want to be here.

Last year was last year. Malkin is at the stage of his career where the points drop precipitously from season to season. And again I think he's a bit banged up this year, too.

One way or the other I'm derailing, here. My point is that Malkin is going to get what he gets as usual. There is no "Jake for Geno" scenario on the horizon. I'm quite confident of that.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Vancouver has way more attractive assets than either of those franchises unless you use want a 1st.

I assume whatever team acquires Jake is going to the SCF. So I don't really care about the 1st.
I mean they don't have the assets they're willing to give up. At least from what their fans seem to think, which I know isn't always reality.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Mikheyev, Lekkerimaki, 1st, 2nd would be a home run as far as I'm concerned.

Send Smith back to Vegas for Dorofeyev, send Neds out for a 2nd, and call it a TDL.

Restocking with Miky, Lekky, Doro, 1st, 2 2nds would be huge for Dubas.

Reactions: Kasperi kapanen

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Zucker doesn't look that legit, to me. Smith has the talent he just doesn't want to be here.

Last year was last year. Malkin is at the stage of his career where the points drop precipitously from season to season. And again I think he's a bit banged up this year, too.

One way or the other I'm derailing, here. My point is that Malkin is going to get what he gets as usual. There is no "Jake for Geno" scenario on the horizon. I'm quite confident of that.
This Smith doesn't want to be here is just a rumor, there is no base to it.

He's been a professional his whole career, he's just not an outspoken guy and never has been. Kind of awkward. I am not sure why people keep bringing this up.

And Zucker was absolutely playing like a top 6 guy here with Geno

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
If Van insists that Wilander and Lekkerimaki are off the table, who adds here?

Van
Extended Guentzel

Pit
Hoglander, Podkolzin, Raty, Mikheyev, 1st

Maninthebox87

Dec 5, 2014
PA
Besides like James Neal …. And only because it didn’t work out with him and Sid was his best winger. I know this is early Geno but his line with Sykora and Malone was pretty good too I remember.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

He's been a professional his whole career, he's just not an outspoken guy and never has been. Kind of awkward. I am not sure why people keep bringing this up.

Zucker has 23 points and 8 goals this season.

It was Malkin. Zucker is just another one on the "whatever" pile.

The stuff about Smith is of course rumor. But his body language and effort are lousy.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
ol Rutherford zeroes in on a guy and doesn’t care about down the road.
I think one thing that isn't mentioned as much here is that they are wanting to entice EP to stay. Bringing Lindholm and Guentzel in to show him they are serious about winning with the potential of signing Guentzel could be what gets him to stay. If he leaves...it's gonna tough figuring out how to put the pieces back together.

I mean, the return would be quite good honestly but that's a franchise 1C you have thinking about leaving. You likely aren't getting a 1C back either so you'd have to reload on defense and at wing.

Guentzel-Miller-Boeser
Tkachuk-Lindholm-Garland
Joshua-Suter-Bains

You could make it work but life is a lot easier if you convince EP to stay. So on that note, I think there's what the priority of "down the road" is.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021

Zucker, Rust, Rak, Kap, etc are all outstanding 3rd wheel types. Not play drivers.

This team would have been better off getting 2 play driving wingers for Sid and Geno then filling those remaining holes with cheap guys who play well with them.

Instead, we have 7 wingers of varying mediocrity and Jake.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Mikheyev, Lekkerimaki, 1st, 2nd would be a home run as far as I'm concerned.

Send Smith back to Vegas for Dorofeyev, send Neds out for a 2nd, and call it a TDL.

Restocking with Miky, Lekky, Doro, 1st, 2 2nds would be huge for Dubas.
You think they'll give up Lekk, a 1st and 2hd? Yea I'd have to do that. To me that seems too much. But yeah, get er done.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Zucker has 23 points and 8 goals this season.

It was Malkin. Zucker is just another one on the "whatever" pile.

The stuff about Smith is of course rumor. But his body language and effort are lousy.

Have you happened to look at the roster there at Arizona? Not many top six forwards are going to do well there. Nick freaking Bjugstad is the 2C currently.

You can't tell me Zucker wasn't playing like a top six winger last year. All I'm saying is you get Geno a legit top six forward and you're going to see a better version of Geno.

Reactions: akapidots

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
You think they'll give up Lekk, a 1st and 2hd? Yea I'd have to do that. To me that seems too much. But yeah, get er done.
That's consistent with what Giroux got when he was traded to Florida and Guentzel is significantly better. It would change things if Guentzel was open to stay too and I can't imagine there isn't an initial discussion with him prior to a trade. Can be as simple as "100% yes, 100% no, or maybe". In this situation, I think Mikheyev comes as a cap casualty but also someone that would be useful for us.

Zucker, Rust, Rak, Kap, etc are all outstanding 3rd wheel types. Not play drivers.

This team would have been better off getting 2 play driving wingers for Sid and Geno then filling those remaining holes with cheap guys who play well with them.

Instead, we have 7 wingers of varying mediocrity and Jake.
Who are legit play driving wingers in this league that are available to us for prices we can afford though? Realistically, we only needed one as I would suggest Guentzel drives play just fine.

There's an aspect of "build the best roster you can" with what is available to you.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
That's consistent with what Giroux got when he was traded to Florida and Guentzel is significantly better. It would change things if Guentzel was open to stay too and I can't imagine there isn't an initial discussion with him prior to a trade. Can be as simple as "100% yes, 100% no, or maybe". In this situation, I think Mikheyev comes as a cap casualty but also someone that would be useful for us.

Who are legit play driving wingers in this league that are available to us for prices we can afford though? Realistically, we only needed one as I would suggest Guentzel drives play just fine.

There's an aspect of "build the best roster you can" with what is available to you.
I would do that deal but Hogs and Lekk IMO would be more of what we should do. I'm not gonna say no to 1st rounders, but you have a ready made young player there and a prospect who's likely 1-2 years away.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I would do that deal but Hogs and Lekk IMO would be more of what we should do. I'm not gonna say no to 1st rounders, but you have a ready made young player there and a prospect who's likely 1-2 years away.
I agree. If it comes out as Hoglander+Lekkerimaki, I'm 100% fine with it. That's your 3rd line wing set right there. You can send out Smith and Rakell (or even Rust) to recoup some of the draft picks we don't get. For example:

Jake for Hogs+Lekky
Smith for 2nd
Rakell to Seattle for 3rd + 5th + prospect

XXX-Sid-Rust
DOC-Malkin-Puustinen
Hoglander-3C-Lekkerimaki
Nieto-Eller-Acciari

With boocoo bucks to sign a LW. I try for Bertuzzi or Teravainen and then see if I can squeeze a cap stuck team for a signed 3C. Or Stephenson.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If you get Hoglander, he's absolutely stapled to Crosby's LW going forward. I think you should plan on going with:

Hoglander-Crosby-Rust
O'Connor-Malkin-Lekkerimaki

Now hopefully they spend some money to get an upgrade on O'Connor as well. I like O'Connor on L3, but he's out of place on L2.

Reactions: Ryder71

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I agree. If it comes out as Hoglander+Lekkerimaki, I'm 100% fine with it. That's your 3rd line wing set right there. You can send out Smith and Rakell (or even Rust) to recoup some of the draft picks we don't get. For example:

Jake for Hogs+Lekky
Smith for 2nd
Rakell to Seattle for 3rd + 5th + prospect

XXX-Sid-Rust
DOC-Malkin-Puustinen
Hoglander-3C-Lekkerimaki
Nieto-Eller-Acciari

With boocoo bucks to sign a LW. I try for Bertuzzi or Teravainen and then see if I can squeeze a cap stuck team for a signed 3C. Or Stephenson.
I would think LEKK has top six potential, Hogs maybe.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
If you get Hoglander, he's absolutely stapled to Crosby's LW going forward. I think you should plan on going with:

Hoglander-Crosby-Rust
O'Connor-Malkin-Lekkerimaki

Now hopefully they spend some money to get an upgrade on O'Connor as well. I like O'Connor on L3, but he's out of place on L2.
Do you think Lekkerimaki will be ready next year?

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Man we really love stapling our 2 goal Euro's to Geno's wing........poor guy many of you must really hate him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad