Salary Cap: Pens Salary Thread: Pens Ownership "Dubas... that Coca-Cola machine. I want you to shoot the lock off it. There may be some waiver players in there."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
8 mill? Just sign him at that point lol, he’ll be a total bargain in a year or two again.
If the prospect is Hoglander or Lekkerimaki +++, that trade IMO is a no brainer. I have a good feeling we will fleece the Canucks here

Yeah but when was the last time we had this much fun discussing selling a major asset for a haul of young futures?
On a hockey's future site !!! lol The last time I was this excited was at the Pittsburgh draft in 2012 when we traded Staal only to draft Pouliot instead of Forsberg lol

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Vancouver doesn't have their 2024 1st or 2nd, would this factor in them having to give a bigger prospect(s)?

Reactions: akapidots

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Vancouver doesn't have their 2024 1st or 2nd, would this factor in them having to give a bigger prospect(s)?
Perhaps that's where 2 prospects comes in instead of a 1st and 1 prospects. Unless Dubas gets the young player he really wants the most of the 2 and then settles for the Canucks 1st in 2025 which he can flip at that point for a player this summer

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Honestly, I'd prefer a '25 1st. Is supposedly a better crop. Also, the Canucks They're having a great year, more likely they drop off next season.

Reactions: Rakell67

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
If the prospect is Hoglander or Lekkerimaki +++, that trade IMO is a no brainer. I have a good feeling we will fleece the Canucks here

On a hockey's future site !!! lol The last time I was this excited was at the Pittsburgh draft in 2012 when we traded Staal only to draft Pouliot instead of Forsberg lol
Yeah, I thought we were sure to take Forsberg. Pretty big punch to the gut.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I want two of these three assets

A. LEKK and HOGs

B. LEKK +'25 1st

C. HOG's +'25 1st

If they need to add a player for cap reasons ok.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
12 years ago but I remember that sinking feelings like it was yesterday. That utter feeling of emptiness and despair.

2b081c5c-dff4-4c51-bd51-d3b64ea9ebe6_text.gif

I don't think so honestly. If Dubas is being realistic and thinks the team will end up bottom 10, we keep the pick and transfer ours to SJ. Getting a 2025 1st in that case would be just fine by me.

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
I think we'll finish well inside top 20.

We'll have zero % chance to get 1OA and we'll most very likely not get into the top ten anyway via the secondary draft order drawing.

It seems highly likely the first rounder is going out this year to SJS.

The issue I have getting a first round pick for jake this year, is, we are only trading with contenders, who I don't value getting a #30 first round pick from...you could run the long game and hope you trade for a team that won't replicate success next year if you want a 2025 pick, i guess.

Rather just get players who can jumpstart the rebuild now.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
These aren't equal packages though. Vancouver would choose C without hesitation or second thoughts.

I wouldn't be so sure about this. Hoglander is an inferior asset to Lekkerimaki, but Hoglander is actually helping their NHL team this year and is on a super cheap deal next year. His teammates also really like him.

I still think a sign-and-trade where it's Mikheyev, Lekkerimaki and a 2025 1st for Guentzel is the most reasonable outcome here. That is very similar to both the Pacioretty (Tatar, Suzuki and a 2nd) and Stone (Lindberg, Brannstrom and a 2nd) sign-and-trades that happened a few years ago.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
at this time, i think the 25 drafts will be deeper than this years. plus we should be picking higher than we are now so it might be easier to bundle the picks to get a even higher pick. and get our franchise player.

Reactions: Rakell67

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
-Guentzel with an extension to Vancouver for Mikheyev, Lekkerimaki and a 2025 1st
-Smith to Florida for Cousins and a 2024 3rd
-Nedjelkovic and Phillips to Edmonton for a 2024 2nd

For the rest of this year, run with this top-9:

Rakell-Crosby-Rust
Mikheyev-Malkin-Bemstrom
O'Connor-Eller-Puustinen

Next year, Lekkerimaki slides onto Malkin's RW and whoever is better between Bemstrom and Puustinen will be the 3rd line RW (probably Bemstrom if I had to guess). You'll be sitting with about $18 million in cap space with that base.

The biggest concern I have here is I'm not sure I'm sold on Rakell as a LWer with Crosby long-term. If I was fully confident that Crosby would be fine with it, I wouldn't have any issues. But Crosby is particular and he may not be okay with having 2 righty linemates going forward. I think Mikheyev-Malkin-Lekkerimaki would be a dope 2nd line if Lekkerimaki ends up as good as he projects to be, though.

MayorofWBS

Apr 14, 2015
Mars
I wouldn't mind if Mathieu Cataford or Kaedan Korczak were part of a deal with Vegas. Korczak isn't anything super special but he could take the 3rd pairing RD next year in the NHL. Cataford is still on track for projecting as a middle six RW. Still has lot of developing but has decent NHL size now and hockey IQ.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
-Guentzel with an extension to Vancouver for Mikheyev, Lekkerimaki and a 2025 1st
-Smith to Florida for Cousins and a 2024 3rd
-Nedjelkovic and Phillips to Edmonton for a 2024 2nd

For the rest of this year, run with this top-9:

Rakell-Crosby-Rust
Mikheyev-Malkin-Bemstrom
O'Connor-Eller-Puustinen

Next year, Lekkerimaki slides onto Malkin's RW and whoever is better between Bemstrom and Puustinen will be the 3rd line RW (probably Bemstrom if I had to guess). You'll be sitting with about $18 million in cap space with that base.

The biggest concern I have here is I'm not sure I'm sold on Rakell as a LWer with Crosby long-term. If I was fully confident that Crosby would be fine with it, I wouldn't have any issues. But Crosby is particular and he may not be okay with having 2 righty linemates going forward. I think Mikheyev-Malkin-Lekkerimaki would be a dope 2nd line if Lekkerimaki ends up as good as he projects to be, though.

Honestly if he puts on a little weight in the summer. I’d try Yager in camp on Sid’s wing.

He has the nhl shot. Let him break in as a wing and learn from sid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad