Salary Cap: Pens Salary Thread: Pens Ownership "Dubas... that Coca-Cola machine. I want you to shoot the lock off it. There may be some waiver players in there."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
People talked about Karlsson back to Ottawa here, what about in a Chychrun deal? I dunno what else would be added. Report says he's unhappy and wont re-sign there. Pens get younger on backend.
I don't buy Karlsson to Ottawa. He wanted out of San Jose because the team sucked. Obviously hasn't worked out quite as he envisioned in Pittsburgh, but why would he then turn around and accept a trade to a team even worse than the Pens?

Also, I think it was Friedman who suggested this and he made it clear it was pure speculation on his part.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

lokomotiv15

Jul 14, 2012
London, ontario
I don't buy Karlsson to Ottawa. He wanted out of San Jose because the team sucked. Obviously hasn't worked out quite as he envisioned in Pittsburgh, but why would he then turn around and accept a trade to a team even worse than the Pens?

Also, I think it was Friedman who suggested this and he made it clear it was pure speculation on his part.
Agreed. Friedman is a total boob nowadays, anyways. Same guy who thinks Sids extension will be in the $10.587 Mil range because the team should respect him and make him the highest paid player and thats what his agent would want, etc... (like he hasnt had the same or less AAV every season but one with Malkin on the team after his ELC ended, before Malkins sunset contract)

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
People talked about Karlsson back to Ottawa here, what about in a Chychrun deal? I dunno what else would be added. Report says he's unhappy and wont re-sign there. Pens get younger on backend.
Seems that there's always an issue with this guy, no thanks. Besides, we have MP who's a better overall player and LESS drama.

Goodleaf

Love a good stick.
Nov 15, 2010
I think with Chabot and Sanderson signed long term they will move Chychrun to avoid him wanting one of those fancy 8mil aav contracts they have been handing out. Would love to make a deal for Chychrun and Joseph if OTT would take Graves.

Letang-Petts
Karlsson-Chychrun
Ludvig/POJ-Ruh until we upgrade

Last edited:

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020

Friedman is a jackhole.

Reactions: lokomotiv15

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I'd be fine with that. If they're not scorched earth rebuilding then they're not gonna win a 6th championship. So they can just do whatever at that point. May as well have a little fun while being stupid.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Agreed. Friedman is a total boob nowadays, anyways. Same guy who thinks Sids extension will be in the $10.587 Mil range because the team should respect him and make him the highest paid player and thats what his agent would want, etc... (like he hasnt had the same or less AAV every season but one with Malkin on the team after his ELC ended, before Malkins sunset contract)
Yeah, I think most insiders get to become trusted by actually doing the work, but then they realize that it's easier and they can get more clicks by speculating wildly.

On one hand, I do think he made it pretty clear it was speculation, but on the other, he has to know whatever he says is going to get picked up and run with regardless.

With the Crosby stuff, who knows? Maybe they are setting it up so that Crosby looks like a hero when he takes $8.7M again instead of whatever he actually deserves.
Seems that there's always an issue with this guy, no thanks. Besides, we have MP who's a better overall player and LESS drama.
To be fair, he's been stuck in Arizona and Ottawa for his entire career. I'd be unhappy too :laugh:

I don't think there's a fit for the Pens unless they are willing to take Graves+ or something.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I messed around with it when it was first suggested but I don't think Ottawa does it. This isn't prime Karlsson anymore.

And yeah, Chychrun would be the ideal candidate since he doesn't want to resign there but there's still a $6mil gap there. Chabot makes more sense because he's making $8mil but even then, I still don't see it.

Reactions: 66-30-33

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I wonder if the Pettersson stuff is holding up the canucks and thats why they want it done.

Maybe they want to trade and sign a player like Jake but only once EP40 is signed and they know his number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad