Salary Cap: Pens Salary Thread: Pens Ownership "Dubas... that Coca-Cola machine. I want you to shoot the lock off it. There may be some waiver players in there."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Madden today says he thinks they’re trying to re-sign Jake and that Jake has come down from his ask (trying to resign because of Sid)…

Said he’s heard they’ve gotten really good offers for Petts and he may be traded instead lol
Just proves even more that Dubas and Spezza have no plan/vision going forward. Pretty much knew that though after them not even approaching players with NTC on the possibility of seeing if there is a market for them.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Just proves even more that Dubas and Spezza have no plan/vision going forward. Pretty much knew that though after them not even approaching players with NTC on the possibility of seeing if there is a market for them.
Wasn't it said that teams were actually asking about Rust, and the Pens told them "No, we won't ask him about his NTC"?

Like, if someone's willing to take that contract off your hands, YOU DO IT, ELEVEN TIMES OUT OF TEN.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Madden today says he thinks they’re trying to re-sign Jake and that Jake has come down from his ask (trying to resign because of Sid)…

Said he’s heard they’ve gotten really good offers for Petts and he may be traded instead lol

This reads like someone took a bunch of HFBPens posts and added some punctuation to it to make it seem like reporting.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I am still laughing @ the fact that the organization preemptively told Rust they won't trade him.
That's not that unreasonable for a number of reasons:
1. Rust has been fine this year. If you're looking to trade one or more of Jake, Smith, and Rakell, you will still need at least ONE top 6 wing.
2. He has an NMC, so there obviously has to be a lot of discussion about waiving there but that's obviously a touchy subject to approach if he's content in Pittsburgh. That if he goes to management. At the most, this is a summer time talk.
3. You have A LOT of other potential trades to be making so taking Rust off the table allows focus elsewhere.

This reads like someone took a bunch of HFBPens posts and added some punctuation to it to make it seem like reporting.
That wouldn't be the first time...I've seen our direct discussion points regurgitated a couple times and I've see trade suggestions posted as well.

I'd have an AI sift through this forum and shit out a Monday morning blog if I was smort.

• Haha
Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Johnny Rifle

Pittsburgh Penguins
Apr 7, 2018
Hampton, VA
i have no problem resigning Guentzel if he can give us a slightly team-friendly contract.

The problem with this team going forward is that any prospects or draft picks will likely be sullied just as badly as our current ones, so even if we drafted the next Bedard he’d be lighting the lamp in the AHL because he made a bad read or didn’t gave the “sticktoitness” or some other lame excuse to play Jeff Carter instead.

Dubas can only do so much when he is handcuffed from Sullivan and FSG.

Reactions: Andy99

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
They will pretend like this road trip never happened, call off activities today and hope they beat the Jackets tomorrow so it eases off the pressure surrounding the team
Pressure? lol There's no pressure, they're awful. The White flag has been raised. No, it's called ''acceptance''. They need to learn what it's like to be a sub par team. They need to ''accept'' their fate. that's all.

This week is where KD earns his money, now, I would say there's pressure on him to get the best value for Jake. I have faith he will. And that is unmistakably the most important part of the season. How he does this deadline goes a long way either good or bad for the trajectory of this team.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
It doesn't prove a damn thing. It's speculation. How about you wait until after friday before concluding such nonsense? What, you can't wait four more days?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Not that anyone needed the calculation to know at this point, but Pens down to an 18% chance of making the playoffs.

Which is good news actually. More wishy washy kiss your sister type of results before the deadline would certainly make the Pens sit on their hands at best. Or buyers at worst.

At least they have clarity and can do what most here know that they should do.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Pressure? lol There's no pressure, they're awful. The White flag has been raised. No, it's called ''acceptance''. They need to learn what it's like to be a sub par team. They need to ''accept'' their fate. that's all.

This week is where KD earns his money, now, I would say there's pressure on him to get the best value for Jake. I have faith he will. And that is unmistakably the most important part of the season. How he does this deadline goes a long way either good or bad for the trajectory of this team.
I think we as fans have accepted it by now, but I honestly don't get the feeling ownership and management have.

This week is indeed a big week for KD, to see really if these guys indeed have a vision/plan. But let me ask, how would you feel if Jake is extended to a 7 or 8 year deal?

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
i have no problem resigning Guentzel if he can give us a slightly team-friendly contract.

The problem with this team going forward is that any prospects or draft picks will likely be sullied just as badly as our current ones, so even if we drafted the next Bedard he’d be lighting the lamp in the AHL because he made a bad read or didn’t gave the “sticktoitness” or some other lame excuse to play Jeff Carter instead.

Dubas can only do so much when he is handcuffed from Sullivan and FSG.
Having key players in mid to late 30's and aging out has a lot to do with that as well. You apparently over looked that part of it. Carter, Sid, Geno, Letang, all ancient. While Sid is playing well he's still not Sid in his prime. How do you not see that? Geno has two goals in 26 games? Not seeing that either?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Not that anyone needed the calculation to know at this point, but Pens down to an 18% chance of making the playoffs.

Which is good news actually. More wishy washy kiss your sister type of results before the deadline would certainly make the Pens sit on their hands at best. Or buyers at worst.

At least they have clarity and can do what most here know that they should do.

The question is.. do they actually do this..?

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I think we as fans have accepted it by now, but I honestly don't get the feeling ownership and management have.

This week is indeed a big week for KD, to see really if these guys indeed have a vision. But let me ask, how would you feel if Jake is extended to a 7 or 8 year deal?
If it's 8 years at like 6.5MM without a super restrictive NMC, then it's good enough value I won't be mad; Jake would still be very movable for good assets in a year or two. If it's more fair market value like 8 x 8 with an NMC, then it's crazy to me that we'd double down on being a mediocre team.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

This week is indeed a big week for KD, to see really if these guys indeed have a vision. But let me ask, how would you feel if Jake is extended to a 7 or 8 year deal?
I would feel sick. But I'm gonna wait until after the deadline and see what Haul we get for whoever we trade. The judgement comes after the deadline. I stated that early on this season. We need to see how the trade deadline goes. Considering KG has only been here 8-9 months, to me assessing it all after 3/8 seems very reasonable to me.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I rather we trade Jake than re-sign tbh..
But if he's notrated he BETTER have a contract by Friday. Anything other is a fireable offense by Dubas
Maybe we get the best of both worlds, sign him for 8x8 but then trade him for a tidy return, how 'bout that one? lol

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
DK, Madden and others have been saying the team would like to re-sign Jake to appease Sid lol…I think we must have a bottom five FO and coaching staff in the league…

I really urge those of you in Pittsburgh area to go to the game Tuesday and get a Fire Sullivan chant going…Dubas can’t do anything about his contract extension so pressure needs to be put squarely on FSG and they need to hear it from the fans…

Maybe we get the best of both worlds, sign him for 8x8 but then trade him for a tidy return, how 'bout that one? lol
Guarantee any contract he signs comes with a full NMC for at least a few years…

Reactions: Le Magnifique 66

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Uh oh... sounds like Jake might not be the "Belle of the Ball" after all, huh?
Uh, or maybe that's being put out there as a negotiating tactic. He's still currently belle of the ball.

DK, Madden and others have been saying the team would like to re-sign Jake to appease Sid lol…I think we must have a bottom five FO and coaching staff in the league…

I really urge those of you in Pittsburgh area to go to the game Tuesday and get a Fire Sullivan chant going…Dubas can’t do anything about his contract extension so pressure needs to be put squarely on FSG and they need toners it from the fans…

Guarantee any contract he signs comes with a full NMC for at least a few years…
Not if there is a sign and trade in place. Well, maybe there would be a NTC to some degree, but that it is waived for his new team. Should be exciting. Kyle, we turn our lonely eyes to you, seize this opportunity and make us proud!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad