Salary Cap: Pens Salary Thread: Pens Ownership "Dubas... that Coca-Cola machine. I want you to shoot the lock off it. There may be some waiver players in there."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
He took over a team that was 1 point out of the playoffs last year and turned them into a bottom 10 team and dropping.

There's nothing that says he has any f***ing idea of what he's doing.

Jake played 78 games last year
Geno played 82
Crosby played 82
Rust played 81
Rakell played 78
Zucker played 78

This year so far

Crosby missed 0
Geno missed 0
Jake has missed 8
Rust has missed 16
Rakell has missed 12
Smith has missed 6

Thats 13 games missed in the top 6 last year.
This year they are already at 42 games missed.

That is the point difference between this year and last year.

Also
PP 22% last year
PP 15% this year

They actually have a better Goal differential this year.

Reactions: Sideline

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Also
PP 22% last year
PP 15% this year
Well, Dubas had to pledge allegiance to the entire coaching staff to be hired on and hasn't fired Reirden mid-season which is mind-boggling. I totally buy he can't fire Sullivan. He can fire Todd though.

Also he got Karlsson, who turns out sucks at the PP. Gambling the issue with the Sharks PP in recent years was the Sharks and not Karlsson was a decent gamble. But it failed.

Reactions: Darren McCord

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Honestly I dont think Dubas can. Like I get it he is the GM but Sullivan is like BFF with FSG. I still dont know how much power Dubas has.
He absolutely can. GMs have the physical power to recall/demote players, coaches do not. It's just a matter of picking battles.

I'm pretty certain Puustinen and Gruden being up in and actually in the lineup are due to some insistence from Dubas, rather than Sullivan advocating for them. It's probably a tradeoff for Harkins being around.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Geno played 82
Crosby played 82
Rust played 81
Rakell played 78
Zucker played 78

This year so far

Crosby missed 0
Geno missed 0
Jake has missed 8
Rust has missed 16
Rakell has missed 12
Smith has missed 6

Also
PP 22% last year
PP 15% this year

Also, 2023 Malkin > 2024 Malkin

Reactions: Darren McCord

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Geno played 82
Crosby played 82
Rust played 81
Rakell played 78
Zucker played 78

This year so far

Crosby missed 0
Geno missed 0
Jake has missed 8
Rust has missed 16
Rakell has missed 12
Smith has missed 6

Also
PP 22% last year
PP 15% this year

Dubas actually built a sleeping behemoth.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I'm not.

I'm convinced.

Dubas is about to usher in a new era of Penguins excellence with the foundation that he will acquire at the deadline.

Don’t worry they can fire him to bring back hextall so he can re-sign Carter to lead the youth movement.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
Some of the people complaining were giving Dubas props after the EK deal and shipping out a lot of Hextall’s dead weight. We wound up stuck with the guys who have NMC’s. Again, thanks to Hextall.

Then I firmly believe he brought in guys sully wanted. It was said as much when we signed Eller. You can see in the usage of certain players as well.

I honestly think Dubas was giving sully a legit shot with players he wanted. It’s failed and we need to move on and let Dubas pick his own coach instead of just glazing sully because he’s a Boston guy and we’re owned by a Boston company.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
\

I feel like a lot of these debacles (Reaves, Petry/Matheson/Marino) are the various GMs trying to force Sullivan to go in a direction he doesn't want to go and so he just doubles down and f***s things up. :laugh:
But we saw this year what happens when you cater to Sully in your roster construction.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Last night and tonight should do it.

We are comically far removed from being contenders, and we can’t even last 60 minutes against a middling team.

Trade everyone - starting with Crosby.

• Haha
Reactions: Lustaf

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
hz1Jwh0.gif

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Just outsource it to Tim Horton's.

Not unlike what the NFL has done this year with the Chiefs and TSwift/State Farm, and I'm being serious.
Oh, if the NHL were not a garage league led by idiots they could absolutely capitalize on it

It's why NFL/NBA... MLB do better

Hockey is objectively the better sport... Marketed by pea brained idiots

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Well, if I am Dubas, I ask everyone with an NMC what they'd actually prefer.
The thought of Sid and Geno not playing their entire careers here is loathsome to me, but ultimately it is not professional not to ask.

A guy like Karlsson you cannot trade before you've decided that its good night on contending with Sid and Geno, because you'll need big time retention on Karlsson to get a return.

In my ideal world we trade Guentzel, Smith and Eller at least. Also Jarry and Graves if possible. You might say Jarry hasn't been the problem... no, he has even been pretty good quite often this season. That's the reason for trading him as now we might be able to. He is not a consistent winner and never will be. I'll bet whatever on that.
If someone offers something nice on Rust or Rak, you listen also, but with where salaries are going to go, I think both are fair value.

Retool in the off-season for that last shot at relevance with the core guys, only now with coaching and better support. You might say that the relevance part is out.... well, as close to rock bottom as this weekend results feel we won't truly get to rock bottom with a Sid and Geno team, I think, and if we are "able to" it would be rather too sad to have to go through.
Ultimately, you cannot argue that those guys do not still provide value relative to their contracts. It is everything else that sucks.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad