Salary Cap: Pens Salary Cap Thread: If we score 6 we win, its science!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Raks doesn't really strike me as having a super high velocity shot. Maybe it's just deceiving.

Like Malkin went on to say... I'm glad it wasn't Letang or Jake haha

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I mean I dunno? I think we've both making assumptions?
Rakell has one of our hardest wrist shots. If anything I'd argue the accuracy is not always the greatest. It was on this one though.

As for slapshots, he's probably in the top 3 on the team imo. Petry and Malkin the other 2 guys. Not sure which order but those are the 3. Zucker 4th perhaps. Carter rarely slaps it so it's hard to assess.

That's why I've wanted Rak on the left side PP1 since we acquired him. Watched those goal compilations from Anaheim. He can wire it from range and he's not afraid to use it.
The fact that he can dish it out so well was a lovely surprise.

This is probably just the 2 other guys that come to Malkin's head when thinking of the PP. That's it.

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We played them well in the 1st one. It would probably be a long series at least.
Nice the other team plays us tired. Enjoying the uno reverse card.
Raanta sucks this year. Hopefully we get him.
Raanta is playing tonight of course and Carolina is insulating the shots he’s seeing, and of course they’re winning…and of course they’re saving their best goalie for us….Jarry better be on tomorow and the team and him better show up in the first period, unlike the last few games

Caps are winning too…gonna be a bottleneck at top of Metro…it’s honestly looking like both WCs are coming from our division lol

Last edited:
Reactions: AuroraBorealis

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Friedman or Tokarski + 2nd for Anderson @ 50% keeps us cap compliant.

Run a 13F, 7D, and 3G roster.

This isn't rocket appliances.
yeah, i just think your better off spending money where you are more likly to need it.

I'm just surprised, knowing Malkin, that he didn't say he was thankful he wasn't hit by one of HIS shots.
you know geno is a humble man:laugh:

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Raanta is playing tonight of course and Carolina is insulating the shots he’s seeing, and of course they’re winning…and of course they’re saving their best goalie for us….Jarry better be on tomorow and the team and him better show up in the first period, unlike the last few games

Caps are winning too…gonna be a bottleneck at top of Metro…it’s honestly looking like both WCs are coming from our division lol
12 point gap with the Devils on Nov. 29th. It could potentially be two by tomorrow night.
I ain't projecting the April standings in December :laugh:

Would be fun to see Ottawa or Buffalo make a push here. 2 point gap between 4th and 8th in the Atlantic.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
12 point gap with the Devils on Nov. 29th. It could potentially be two by tomorrow night.
I ain't projecting the April standings in December :laugh:

Would be fun to see Ottawa or Buffalo make a push here. 2 point gap between 4th and 8th in the Atlantic.
Devils are falling off but everyone now is real close, except the Flyers and CBJ…division up for grabs…OTT and BUF are making a push but so are the Caps and Rags and Isles

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
I have no idea how it works but I'm really enticed by Chychrun. Guy is like almost the same age as Joseph, both of them on the left side long term would be awesome. Then if Pickering develops well you could have him in the league before both guys are 30. Plus there's Smith. I just don't see how it works logistically since I don't see them trading Dumo and don't think they'll dump Petersson since he's been steady. I guess I just made a case for why they should hunt for a forward instead haha.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
NYI also have 6 dmen in the top 100 for 5v5 shots. Their dmen are shooting a lot and their forwards aren't. Which, unless they've somehow found a way to keep dmen who usually shoot at somewhere between 2 and 5% at 9% all season long, should bite them sooner or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad