Salary Cap: Pens Salary Cap Thread: If we score 6 we win, its science!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
You can’t have someone that can “actually stick in the NHL ready to go” unless you have a prospect because you’ll waive them and they’ll get claimed.

Or you keep them on the roster and have one less forward or defenseman in the press box. It's not illegal to have 3 goalies on your roster lol.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
View attachment 622655
This is what I hate about NHL officiating. Classic case of reffing the score + clock.
Rust takes a direct line to the puck. Forsling does not. He prioritizes cutting Rust off, since he was about to get beat with speed.
Textbook interference.

View attachment 622656
Or just f***ing call it holding!? The official is RIGHT THERE.

I don't care if it's 10-0 and the Pens are winning or losing. Call what you were schooled to identify. If you can't do it, make way for someone who can.
This is not a mistake. This is a choice to ignore something because of the situation.
I highly doubt it's the league telling them to "manage games". It's more the officials being afraid of the angry team's fans, players or coach if they took the hardline approach. Many of them have lost their sense of sportsmanship/fair play that was a driving force in them taking this career path in the first place.

There's still refs in soccer who just call what they see, always. They take a ton of heat on the pitch for it from losing teams, but they do a great job.
There are very few left in the NHL who have the capacity do that.

What if the Panthers somehow came back and tied this, winning later in OT? The ref would have stolen a point.
came in, watched it once, was ready to disagree, but after a couple replays, totally on point

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Then you have Poehling, DOC Poulin, Hallander and Puusiten maybe is here for 4th line competition. I like to find out if Puusiten is a capable RW at some point.
Yea, I’m sure our head coach and GM will let them play regularly.

It’s a god damn joke Puus never gets a shot.

Smith is 22 and Friedman is 26. Smith still has a lot of development as a player to do.
How do you know? Have you ever seen the guy play? No one in Pittsburgh has.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
View attachment 622655
This is what I hate about NHL officiating. Classic case of reffing the score + clock.
Rust takes a direct line to the puck. Forsling does not. He prioritizes cutting Rust off, since he was about to get beat with speed.
Textbook interference.

View attachment 622656

I don't care if it's 10-0 and the Pens are winning or losing. Call what you were schooled to identify. If you can't do it, make way for someone who can.
This is not a mistake. This is a choice to ignore something because of the situation.
I highly doubt it's the league telling them to "manage games". It's more the officials being afraid of the angry team's fans, players or coach if they took the hardline approach. Many of them have lost their sense of sportsmanship/fair play that was a driving force in them taking this career path in the first place.

There's still refs in soccer who just call what they see, always. They take a ton of heat on the pitch for it from losing teams, but they do a great job.

What if the Panthers somehow came back and tied this, winning later in OT? The ref would have stolen a point.

Forsling had body position and Rust is the one who initiated the contact forcing himself through Forsling. It's not about not going for the puck, the puck trajectory is going where he was skating. The middle of the ice. Had he gone where the puck was Rust would have been uncontested and he would have looked really stupid.

Two guys going for the puck, if anyone was to get the interference it is Rust considering Forsling had body position. Good non call.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Forsling had body position and Rust is the one who initiated the contact forcing himself through Forsling. It's not about not going for the puck, the puck trajectory is going where he was skating. The middle of the ice. Had he gone where the puck was Rust would have been uncontested and he would have looked really stupid.

Two guys going for the puck, if anyone was to get the interference it is Rust considering Forsling had body position. Good non call.
The puck's at a diagonal from Rust and Forsling is going purely north and even takes his eye off the puck to deal with Rust. For Rust to maintain a direct path to the puck contact is inevitable, unless Forsling adjusts his line.
The puck was slowly going to the middle, yes, but the only reason it got so far is because the contact slowed them down.
I'd make my point more clearly with MS Paint, with lines and arrows. Anyways, agree to disagree I guess.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
If we were 3 goalies deep against the Islanders we would've seen Legace play over Jarry when it was clear he was having an absolute breakdown. If we had somebody that could actually stick in the NHL ready to go rather than Domingue against the Rangers we likely would've taken that series. Remind me where Domingue is playing again this season. You see, the trick is for your 3rd goalie to not be complete ass.

I don't understand why this is some wild unthinkable idea. Teams load up on depth every deadline, It's quite obvious where we need it the most at this point.
there is a salary cap. so you need to gamble somewhere. 2 goalies should be enough most of the time.

"They're playing the way that Mike Sullivan wants to play."

Except no one, not even Mike Sullivan, knows what this means.
when the win, it's the way sully wants them to play

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Lol…they then go on to answer the question no, while heaping more praise on NYR, CAR and NJD ….and EJ looks like he had plastic surgery lol

Hradek worked with the Rangers, so he's always had a bit of anti-Pens bias. Daneyko is Mr. Devils.
It's pretty tough to call a clear best team. Maybe at this very moment we are.
Overall this season you gotta give it to the Devils. +12 goal differential on us. +22 over NYR/NYI +23 over Carolina.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Hradek worked with the Rangers, so he's always had a bit of anti-Pens bias. Daneyko is Mr. Devils.
It's pretty tough to call a clear best team. Maybe at this very moment we are.
Overall this season you gotta give it to the Devils. +12 goal differential on us. +22 over NYR/NYI +23

Idk…tomorrow’s game is a pretty important tell…we haven’t won much against Carolina in recent years, since they got good…they’ll be coming off a b2b game while we’re supposedly rested..if you can’t win then, hard to argue they should be considered top of the Metro heap lol

Reactions: Gurglesons

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Idk…tomorrow’s game is a pretty important tell…we haven’t won much against Carolina in recent years, since they got good…they’ll be coming off a b2b game while we’re supposedly rested..if you can’t win then, hard to argue they should be considered top of the Metro heap lol
We played them well in the 1st one. It would probably be a long series at least.
Nice the other team plays us tired. Enjoying the uno reverse card.
Raanta sucks this year. Hopefully we get him.

Reactions: Andy99

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Iirc New Jersey have had a soft schedule to open the season?
1671297575285.png

1671297628197.png

By the end of November we played 6 B2B's and had 14 road games.
The Devils had 10 road games and 2 B2B's.

Also in October they only played 1 team currently above the playoff line.
In November they played 5 above the cutoff line, out of 14.

Yeah, easy schedule.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peat

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
View attachment 622655
Textbook interference.

View attachment 622656

No need to beat around the bush, it's match fixing by the officials.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
No need to beat around the bush, it's match fixing by the officials.
Yes it is, but I suspect it's not league driven. Think it's done to ruffle as few feathers as possible.
Straight from the cover your ass handbook.
Even if I'm wrong about this particular incident (which I highly doubt), this kind of thing is rampant. We've all seen it a thousand times.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
No no no... that's just game management! You WANT the refs to not call everything! Constant powerplays would be boring. And the players could totally never adjust like they absolutely already have multiple times in the past or anything.

I'm sure Tim Peel has something illuminating to say about this.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I kidna figured by the way how light everyone was keeping things after the game that he was mostly-fine. Or whatever that means for Malkin.
Just get him away from Staal as much as possible lol

Speaking of matchups, Dumo- Rutta is our worst—-replace Dumo w POJ.. every team is attacking that pair rn and Sully is blind, blind I say lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad