Salary Cap: Pens Off Season Thread: Pre Free Agency Shenanigans!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Josh Yohe
@JoshYohe_PGH
·
1m
Dubas said it’s unlikely that Penguins will trade first round pick. Said they are interested in players on teams that are looking to shed salary. Josh BLOHE swallowing Hook, Line, Sinker & Fishing Pole

Reactions: Jacob

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So let me get this straight…Dubas says he’s not going to buy out anyone and is not going to trade his first round pick…this is all for other GMs consumption…I hope…unless he plans not to contend

Reactions: BusinessGoose

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Wes Crosby
@OtherNHLCrosby
Kyle Dubas says the Penguins likely won't be in the market for the "long-term, highly-expensive" UFAs come free agency. #Pens

Pens Inside Scoop

@PensInsideScoop
·
23s
Kyle Dubas, on the draft: "I don't think anybody we draft, especially at 14, is going to make an impact on the roster for another 2-3 years at least. You can't worry about how a player may fit in then. So the goal - and I know it's cliche - is to take the best player available."

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
So let me get this straight…Dubas says he’s not going to buy out anyone and is not going to trade his first round pick…this is all for other GMs consumption…I hope…unless he plans not to contend
A 4th for Garland retained, Granlund and a 5th for Gibson lol.

Wes Crosby
@OtherNHLCrosby
Kyle Dubas says the Penguins likely won't be in the market for the "long-term, highly-expensive" UFAs come free agency. #Pens

Pens Inside Scoop

@PensInsideScoop
·
23s
Kyle Dubas, on the draft: "I don't think anybody we draft, especially at 14, is going to make an impact on the roster for another 2-3 years at least. You can't worry about how a player may fit in then. So the goal - and I know it's cliche - is to take the best player available."

Aside Orlov and now Barbashev, maybe Bertuzzi I don’t see any highly expensive UFAs.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Dubas says the Penguins want to make "small bets," specifically building the depth. Mentioned the core guys were great last year and they missed the playoffs. They need more past those guys.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Obviously these are mostly-empty words when push comes to shove. And regardless expectations have to be set... this FA class ain't great and trying to poach off of teams in cap hell likely a better plan, anyway.

But I can't help but come away from that feeling "same old same old looks like."

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Obviously these are mostly-empty words when push comes to shove. And regardless expectations have to be set... this FA class ain't great and trying to poach off of teams in cap hell likely a better plan, anyway.

But I can't help but come away from that feeling "same old same old looks like."
Yeah, I mean he’s making it sound like he’s not going to be bold at all…Im not in favor of paying big money for FAs either but we have the space to be a contender…thinking that Sid and G are going to be healthy again and carrying the load they couldnt carry last season seems like a huge mistake…hopefully this for consumption by other GMs and agents

Lust for Life

Jun 30, 2018
Yeah, I mean he’s making it sound like he’s not going to be bold at all…Im not in favor of paying big money for FAs either but we have the space to be a contender…thinking that Sid and G are going to be healthy again and carrying the load they couldnt carry last season seems like a huge mistake…hopefully this for consumption by other GMs and agents

Not spending too much and too long on free agents doesn't mean Dubas won't use the space.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad