Salary Cap: Pens Off Season Thread: Pre Free Agency Shenanigans!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
I would try to get another asset back with Hellebuyck if it’s the 14th and Pickering. That’s just too much for a goalie, that and another piece gets a you a really, really good impact forward or dman generally.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
14th+Pickering for an unsigned Helle seems like such an insane overpay. With 1 trade you're getting rid of all the Pens trade assets. Unless Helle wants to sign for under 7.5 AAV (he wont), I have no interest in him.
The difference between 7.5 and 8.5 for Helle means so little especially in a few years from now with raised cap ceiling.

That's like saying oh yea we should get Hellebuyck! Oh wait we can't fit Archibald in if we can't? Nevermind then Chevy.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I know he can play C, but even at wing he's a guy we should target for the bottom 6, or even to challenge a top 6 spot.

Increasingly my desire is to get a bunch of wingers at Colton-esque costs - I'd be surprised if he came in over 4m - and use them to fill the middle 6 and see who can rise to the top 6. Money starts to get thin if we spend Zucker money on another LW.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Same actually. The GF's family is coming in for her birthday and they stress us the hell out. :laugh:

Bummer. I hope she has a nice birthday, regardless. I'm sure they won't stick around too long.

Don't do what I do in those situations and attempt to curb the stress with booze. Only to realize several hours later while you are smack dab in the middle of a very loud and inappropriate story that you are utterly shithoused.

Though sometimes that does have the effect of getting them to leave. Dealers choice I suppose.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
At this point we're going to need to take some risks on players bouncing back, and Gibson is about the perfect example of that. This team has too many other holes to fill to trade all of our assets for Helle, whose contract doesn't line up with our remaining few years window at all. Gibson's contract lines up pretty darn well with our core, not even getting into the home town aspect. If we can get Gibson without giving up the #14 I do that and see if we can snag a 1b goalie.

Our luck, we trade every asset we have for Helle, he won't extend, and is hurt for the post season. It's not even like Helle is younger than Gibson.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Bummer. I hope she has a nice birthday, regardless. I'm sure they won't stick around too long.

Don't do what I do in those situations and attempt to curb the stress with booze. Only to realize several hours later while you are smack dab in the middle of a very loud and inappropriate story that you are utterly shithoused.

Though sometimes that does have the effect of getting them to leave. Dealers choice I suppose.

Jordan Staal.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
I wouldn’t mind Domi and Bunting at forward. I feel like Max is an element we just don’t have.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
At this point we're going to need to take some risks on players bouncing back, and Gibson is about the perfect example of that. This team has too many other holes to fill to trade all of our assets for Helle, whose contract doesn't line up with our remaining few years window at all. Gibson's contract lines up pretty darn well with our core, not even getting into the home town aspect. If we can get Gibson without giving up the #14 I do that and see if we can snag a 1b goalie.

Our luck, we trade every asset we have for Helle, he won't extend, and is hurt for the post season. It's not even like Helle is younger than Gibson.
I'm done taking risks on goalie after the Jarry experiment. Sid and Geno have 3 years left to get one more Cup. We take a center at 14OA and he's the 1C for the Gen-Z Pens in 2027. Woopy doo.

Lust for Life

Jun 30, 2018
I would love to swing a deal for Hellyeahbuck with the 14th if we somehow can wrestle 18th back at the same time. There would obviously have to be a big add from our end.

Reactions: Zbynek

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
So can we convince a sign and trade if we did the 14 + pickering?

I'm pretty sure Helle will get massively injured by the second week of the season and make us regret it though.
I mean maybe... name of the game is charming Chevy right.

And even though Helle's been solid on injuries his whole career you're probably right. But I dont f***ing care anymore, I just want to be excited by a big acquisition again. Hasn't happened since Kessel. Though i always loved the Rakell deal (Sleepy's one great move) not sure he counts as a "big acquisition".

Reactions: BusinessGoose

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I still can’t believe a supposed major professional sports league has not told general managers what the Cap will be less than a week before the draft and free agency.

Reactions: Jacob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad