Salary Cap: Pens Off Season Thread: Pre Free Agency Shenanigans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
YEAH They have been so much more successful

Which is exactly my point. A team with lower standards of success decided that multiple 1st round flameouts weren't acceptable and they made significant changes.
Be nice if this Franchise got with the times, but feelings or whatever

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Toews is a guy you do cap acrobatics for, especially @$4.1M. You cut elsewhere. Next year they may very well have to move on.

As I said above. The Avs are not up against it. They have 15 million in cap and need to sign a couple forwards and Byram.

Yeah and they have to sign 8 or 9 players.

No they don't.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
The only reason for the Avs to move on from Devon Toews is if his early number is just nowhere near their cap ask and they get a great offer, and decide now is a good time to reload. It's not like a defence built around Makar, Byram and Girard is weak after all.

Which tbh I'd do in their shoes. But I bet they won't.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Kostin-Steel-Brown
O'Connor-Poehling-Fischer

If only Dubas could pull this off, this bottom-6 looks sick to me. It has a ton of youth and speed and it would likely be pretty cheap to put together. Can't wait for Granlund as the 3C and Carter as the 4RW though.

• Haha
Reactions: DearDiary

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Fischer has never had much individual production or great possession metrics. Apparently not super physical for his size. Feels a bit take it or leave it for me.

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
How can we get a better back up goalie and another good defensemen and improve our bottom 6, plus afford possibly a decent goal scorer = not possible..

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Kostin-Steel-Brown
O'Connor-Poehling-Fischer

If only Dubas could pull this off, this bottom-6 looks sick to me. It has a ton of youth and speed and it would likely be pretty cheap to put together. Can't wait for Granlund as the 3C and Carter as the 4RW though.

That bottom six is worse than whatever we had last year.

Reactions: PensandCaps

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Killorn/Duchene/JVR/Patches/Kane/Taraenko/Tatar/Nyquist/Zucker/Bertuzzi/Compher/Bunting.

This wingers UFA class is stacked. We will be able to get one for cheap, all these players are good aswell.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
How can we get a better back up goalie and another good defensemen and improve our bottom 6, plus afford possibly a decent goal scorer = not possible..
The backup's probably fine. He was like league average and I'd be surprised if his numbers don't improve with a better blue line in front of him. People just don't realize how much the average has fallen among goalies.
The bottom 6 is all available in free agency. You can get ERod for example and some near league minimum dudes.
We just got a decent goal scorer in Reilly Smith...26 last year.
If they push for Hanifin, they'll get him. If they don't, they won't. Things get more complex if Petry gets traded though.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Domi put up really good numbers last year and performed well in the playoffs for DAL, I think he could be had for a reasonable price.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I like Nyquist and that’s about it out of these players in terms of what Dubas has said he wants.
I mean there are others I'm missing. I think Hathaway would be good but he will get heavily overpaid for "toughness"

A better size option would be Sundqvist, decent scorer and versatility. He should be cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium