Salary Cap: Pens Off Season Thread: Pre Free Agency Shenanigans!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

I don't think either of these guys fills a need for the Penguins but Bear is an interesting name on the market.

Bear with Pettersson on the 2nd pair doesn't seem like too horrible of an idea, at least if Bear is still as good as he once was.

Apparently Bear is out with injury until the end of the year.

Perfect Penguin.

I'm still half-expecting Dubas to bring in Dermott as the new Ruhwedel.

• Haha
Reactions: ZorkEnchanter

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I can't understand this Petry thing once it gets past the theoretical stage of him not being worth his cap hit. The cost of the transaction just seems too high right now. If you can convince Sully to just adjust his system a bit Petry will look better and can be converted into an actual positive asset at the TDL if we're tanking, or could be useful if we're not.

Petts/Petry was fine. They need to focus on Hanifin or a legit top 4 LHD, a goalie and an entire shut down line, and stop screwing around trying to optimize the cap hit of the 2RD.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
That's what I vaguely remember people calling him in the past.

Well fair. Sounds like one of those Zen mantras to me though.

Although I think this sums up why I'm not big on the idea of going after him. Not much end product, not much grit. Looks good, not much happens.

I was going to suggest Miles Wood but then I searched his name on twitter and saw all the rumours about teams salivating over him and, well, there's that dream gone.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I can't understand this Petry thing once it gets past the theoretical stage of him not being worth his cap hit. The cost of the transaction just seems too high right now. If you can convince Sully to just adjust his system a bit Petry will look better and can be converted into an actual positive asset at the TDL if we're tanking, or could be useful if we're not.

Petts/Petry was fine. They need to focus on Hanifin or a legit top 4 LHD, a goalie and an entire shut down line, and stop screwing around trying to optimize the cap hit of the 2RD.

Oh you sweet summer child.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

They likely can't afford Hanifin while also keeping Petry, that's the issue.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Gonna call Vinnie Hinostroza as a two-way depth add now. Will probably be wrong. But quick, scores, and probably overlooked due to not playing much recently (I think injuries?)

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
As long as Granlund is not on it. We don't need too many soft skilled wingers on a line, last I remember Yam was a fast soft skilled winger with no hands. I don't follow him so could be wrong.
Should be cheap and a fast pk option that can chip in.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Tbf you can make Hanifin very affordable for this year if you're willing to pay someone to retain some money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad